Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Damide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

So I figured out my question from above....as far as why all 4 of my tires do not rotate at the same speeds.....Go figure I'm completly missing the linking arm on my front right tire.

now the big question what exactly is this part "called" It's a long slender bar that runs from the inside tire to chassis of the car, fits like a ball and socket connection. Obviously I'll need to replace it and was curious if anyone knew the exact name so I could look it up and order one (or 2 or 3!) just so I have some spares. The thing that concerns me is if my truck even had one to start with? That doesn't seem like a piece that could easily just fall out.

As always thanks in advance!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
05mustang05

Have you ever tried jumping them? Just wondering how such a small car would take a jump... but then again, My Volcano is incredibly durable so far, so I'm sure it would be too. I might just have to get me one of those...
Old 06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its called a dogbone and i am sure clermontmotorsports.com (clermonthobby) has them, drop him an email for the part to make sure you get the right one, there has been a mix up with the redcat dogbones.

Eddie
Old 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
05mustang05

1 more hour ehroof... 1 more hour until I get off work... hahaha. Hope you have a great b-day man!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Damide

Thanks ehroof

I knew you guys would know what it's called, I'll follow up with wade or someone that has a link to their website.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
05mustang05

Hey ehroof, or anyone else online, I was watching a traxxas video on maintenance, and it said to use 30 or 40 weight motor oil to saturate the air filter... would this work?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: Damide

Thanks ehroof

I knew you guys would know what it's called, I'll follow up with wade or someone that has a link to their website.
08029 or 08059 work there the same dog bones. They run from the differental to the wheel axle.
[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=192]http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=192[/link]
Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Jaymax

I'm a newbie when it comes about rc nitro trucks. Since in this thread most of you guys are talking about where to find parts for your Himoto ElDorada truck, here is a site which carry lots of parts for that truck HIGHBANKS RC.com i also have a question i own a Himoto Eldorada. I have a problem with it, my rear wheels suddently stopped running? only the front ones run. Can you guys give me some input on what the problem could be and whgat parts i might need? Thanks alot in advanced
Old 06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
ehroof

probably the drive cup grub screws are loose, see if they are tight.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Jaymax

drive cup grub screws? i'm a super newbie on this...i have no idea what you're talking about..can you explain a bit more.[]
Old 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Jaymax

Do i have to open the gear box to locate those?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
ehroof

its the piece that holds the dogbones or drive shafts, it a cup, on the cup you will see a small allen head grub screw, this may be loose
Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Jaymax

thanks man i'll try to work on it tomorrow. one more question, i know i'm going to need a glow plug soon. Which is the one this truck needs? or all glow plugs are the same. Sorry for being such a noob when it comes about this stuff[]
Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
ehroof

i would and i run os a3's in my redcats and most of my .18 and smaller engines.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Jaymax

Hey ehroof i tryed what you suggested this morning but nothing, rear wheels still dont move. what can it be now? Ohh thanks for the input regarding the glow plug i already order 1...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
ehroof

did you check all of them? from the trans to the rear diff, from the rear diff to the 2 tires? if so, when you start it does the the dogbone from the trans to the rear spin when you give it gas, if that spins and the rear dogbones dont spin, maybe you have stripped diff gears in the rear.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Jaymax

the dogbone from the trans to the rear does not spin when I give it gas. If i try to spin the tires on my own the rear diff only move a bit....i get the feeling there is something loose on the gearbox. what can it be?
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
diddlfs

Hi ehrhof

I ordert some part from redcat. It is now over one week.
What do i have to do to speed things up.

Thanks
Frank
Old 07-01-2007, 09:14 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: diddlfs

Hi ehrhof

I ordert some part from redcat. It is now over one week.
What do i have to do to speed things up.

Thanks
Frank

Hi bro, i dont work for redcat, sorry, give them a call and see whats the hold up. next time order from clermontmotorsports.com or allaboutfunhobbies.com, they have much faster shipping.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
diddlfs

thanks.

they arrived today
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
diddlfs

I got the new tranny's today.
They are different now.

I had a gear reduction before.
Now it is only 1 gear.
What is the difference?

thanks
Frank
Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
radman0184

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

I just bought this earthquake and yes I'm a somewhat newbie to this, but everyone knows that the earthquake does not come with instructions that are worth anything more than something to wipe with. So I have ran about 4 tanks of fuel through trying to break this thing in and all along the way I can not get this thing tuned right if it was to save my life. I can definitly say that this thing has been running rich because all of the fuel that has been coming out the exhaust. I just tried to fine tune this thing better and when its cold it wont stay running without the glowplug starter on, is this normal?? Also once it is up to temp the truck will shut off and wont start, and I noticed that when it does this, as soon as it peters out and is off the fuel runs right back through the fuel hose back into the tank. Could this be because the engine is too hot and the fuel is evaporating in the carburetor and loosing the vacume??? I know I dont have the carb set right yet(and am having a very hard time!). No matter what I set it at it never seems to sound right. I already checked the hoses and fuel tank and pressure hole in tuned pipe(all ok!) Someone please help!!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Check for leaks, You have a leak somewhere in your exhaust system, more than likely it's your fuel tank cap is not sealing. You should be able to put your finger over the exhaust stinger and give the pull cord an easy pull and the fuel should shoot through the fuel lines, if it doesn't then you have an exhaust leak or a leak in the tank. This leak may also be causing you to not be able to get a tune on the engine. Another thing about over heating if it's running as rich as you say it wouldn't be over heating and boiling the fuel off at the carb. A leak in the fuel system will cause a lean condition in the engine where the engine isn't getting enough fuel and it's over heating and boiling the fuel off.

I would suggest read this:

Engine Tuning Guide(they are using a roto carb but the guide will work fine for the slide carb too, the basis is the same):
[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp]http://www.redcatracing.com/tuningyourengine.asp[/link]
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
radman0184

Hey thanks ALLABOUTFUNHOBBIES! I really appreciate the help. That tuning guide explains things a lot better. I just got back from the hobby shop and bought a couple extra glow plugs, some new fuel line, and a servo failsafe. I bought the OS A3 plugs so I hope those should work ok. Tomorrow I'll have to change that fuel line just in case and maybe I'll change the o-ring on the fuel tank. One thing I do know is when I tried and put my finger over the exhaust hole and pull the cord sometimes the fuel goes back into the carb after a couple pulls and sometimes it will only move like a 1/2 inch for every fuel. It's weird, it's not very consistant like earlier today the car was running good at a high idle as I was trying to adjust the carb a little at a time. I got the low speed set right according to the "pinch test" and when I went to take off to test the high speed the car chugged right away and died. So I leaned out the high speed screw and tried again, same thing but the car revved a little higher before it died. So I adjusted (leaned) it more and the car died the same. By this time there is oil dripping out the exhaust so I blew out the pressure port on the exhaust and put the hose back on and tried to start and the car just sputters but wont start. I'm guessing it was flooded because of the pull cord getting hard to pull, does that sound right?? Do I need to adjust the high speed leaner and the low speed more leaner because doesn't the high speed adjustment change the low speed? And it definitly seems like an airleak somewhere (maybe why is would stall out on higher throttle) it's just weird how the fuel doesn't draw back consistantly every time only here and there or when it warmed up, have there been a problem with the fuel tanks cracking in these things? I don't know... I will replace the fuel line, check everything again and let you know. Thanks again for the help. One more question, if I was to replace the controller for this thing(cuz the stock one seems like it would break the first time I drop it) would I have to get an AM one and would I have to change the receiver to match the controller?? Or what kind should I get?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
ehroof

the os a3 is too hot of a plug for a big block, your better off with an a5 or #8. You can use the a3 for break in but i would swap it out when your done breaking it in.

sounds like its running too rich, take the plug out, put it upside down and pull a few times to get rid of the excess fuel then put the plug back in an lean the needles a 1/4 turn each (clockwise), see if this helps you out then tune it from there

am is the cheapest, you can get a futaba setup for less than $50 with transmitter, reciever and 2 servos or you can go to fm for a few $ more or spektrum for $150-250 depending on which on you want, the $50 futaba is loads better than the stock setup, it the 2pl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.