Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

My Real Flight G2 won't work on Vista

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

My Real Flight G2 won't work on Vista

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Dan D
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Real Flight G2 won't work on Vista

I have a GP Real Flight G2 which worked good on my old PC with windows XP. I bought a new E Machine PC with windows Vista Installed on it, now it won't work. Great Planes says G2 is not campatable with the new Vista, and that I will have to install XP along with my Vista on my PC in order to make it work, or buy the new G 3.5 system which I can not afford.I'am disabled and on State I saved for 10 months and sold a lot of my planes at a loss to get the $460 for the new PC. Any one out there have any ideas on how I can make this work with out loading my PC up with a second operating system, or buying a new G 3.5 which I can not afford???
Please Help Dan
Old 06-29-2007, 11:31 PM
WhtBronco

Default RE: My Real Flight G2 won't work on Vista

It's not likely to happen. Vista is a real pain and many programs are simply not compatible. Since you had a machine with XP you can install it on the new machine provided you still have the XP product key. This is referred to as a dual boot machine. It's not very difficult to do really with Vista already installed.

Sorry to hear you bought a machine with Vista, it's a piece of crap IMO.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Actually you can run the compatability wizard and try to install G2 again. Follow this: Open the Program Compatibility Wizard by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows. I'm running Vista using G3.5. If you tried installing G2 while not logged in as an Administartor, you will not be able to get an install either. You can turn off the administrative function, but try using the method above.

Follow this link for G3.5 to install G2 and see if it helps: http://www.knifeedge.com/rfg3_vista_compatibility.php
Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
edsland

I was in the same boat and I had to go to G-3.5 I sold G2 over EBay for something like 50$