Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with Spektrum radios?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

What's the deal with Spektrum radios?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:43 AM
xDennis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the deal with Spektrum radios?

Locally, All you hear about is spektrum this spektrum that. I wanted to read up on these radios so i did a few searches and most of the searches came up with negative comments towards this radio. Are these even good, glitch free radios?

It seems that many people have problems with them and have to send them back to spektrum to get replaced, if you purchased a used radio will the still service it?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:07 AM
bentgear

Default RE: What's the deal with Spektrum radios?

As a rule more people jump to post negative things about a subject than positive. Look at the number of Spektrum units in use locally, are foks using the same radio and receiver week after week? Answer your own question.

A lot of the problems you read about with any brand radio is folks have to have the latest and greatest when they don't even fully know how to use the 27 Mhz 2 channel limited adjustment radio that came with their RTR. People read the glitz published on a subject and forget that proper use might require some effort on their part to make use of all available bells and whistles. Put another way, look around, the folks that have radio problems tend to always have radio problems...........no matter what brands they jump too.........until they start using their head.

Myself, I like the Spektrum module based systems in a high end radio that will accept them. I have found their overall quality to be no better or worse than other products on the market. Horizon service is very good. As with most, treat them with respect and they will bend over backwards to help you, flame them and you get what you give.

The 2.4 bandwagon is all about being able to turn on anywhere, anytime and have an almost interferance free signal. I say almost because nothing is absolute. But Spektrum is as close as any of the others on the market.

Ed M.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Oscardms

I'm a newb to RC. I use my DX3.0 on my firestorm and savage x. I love it. There is no glitching at all and I love the built in failsafe feature. I love it for the price and everything it came with. I don't think I'd personally notice a difference if I had went with Nomadio. I think it really depends on what you use them for. I'm sure if I was a racer, I'd go with Nomadio because of the built in telemetry.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
xDennis
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the posts, what you say is true, people are more included to post negative then positive.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Zonk

I like my DX3 but its not very comfortable to hold for long periods. Prefer my MX3 for the longer races. Has a nicer feel (I have big hands)