Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Draganfly Innovations Products
Reload this Page >

Ti problem - please help

Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Ti problem - please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 AM
reemas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ti problem - please help

I'm not sure if the Ti on my DF is working properly. These are the steps i take, but if I ever push the DF in a direction, or the wind blows it, it never returns to a stable flight. It will keep going until it crashes.

1.) Turn on the Ti switch on Tx and then turn on the Tx.
2.) Turn on the DF.
3.) Hold the throttle stick to the bottom LEFT and press the arming button.
4.) Pick up the DF by the base, point the eyes to the sky, and press the arming button.
5.) After placing it on the floor, step back about 15 feet and hold the Tx stick to the bottom RIGHT.
6.) Fly with no help....

Am I missing something, or doing something wrong?

I noticed this also, regardless of if the TI is ON or OFF (and armed), when I turn the DF motors on and wiggle it in my hands, there is some type of feedback from the motors and they give a response based on the direction I move the DF. But again, that is regardless of if I have the Ti on or off.

Please help....
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Old Man Mike

Default RE: Ti problem - please help

Eliminate Step 3. That is for Non-TI flying.

Mike
Old 06-30-2007, 01:22 PM
reemas

But then the helicopter won't arm, right? Isn't that necessary every time you turn on the DF?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Old Man Mike

The arming of TI takes place in step 4 and final calibration for level in step 5.

Mike
Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 PM
BB_DF

reemas,
You seem to be combining the arming sequences of the older 4-channel radios (which did not have the "Ti Off/On" switch [CH 5]) and the newer 6-channel radio procedures. I think I recall reading that on the older models you did have to hold the throttle down-left while arming, to tell the controller to go into Ti mode. Which DF model and Tx model do you have, anyway, and where are you getting all these weird procedures? It's all very clear in the manual.

- Bruce
Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
reemas

i have my own futaba 9cap radio and i just bought the DF about 2 months ago from RCtoys.com

the manual isn't as clear as you'd think - it's confused me quite a bit.

anyways, what's the correct way to arm the DF with Ti on?

also, is it normal for the DF to offer a response when I hold it in my hand and try to wiggle it around?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: BB_DF

... It's all very clear in the manual.
and in the very detailed steps you, me and several others have posted. All we can do is post them, you have to follow them exactly for it to work properly.

ORIGINAL: reemas

also, is it normal for the DF to offer a response when I hold it in my hand and try to wiggle it around?
Yes, that is normal. It's just the gyros reacting to you pitching the frame.

When you say the DF is not flying itself, I think you are taking that too literally. I expected more autonomous flight too at first. But once I identified it's patterns of behaviour, I learned to react and correct better. It really has to be perfect conditions for Ti and very little to NO wind for the DF to hover without any stick input but even then it will still drift horizontally. When everything is trimmed out, Ti will make the DF bounce back from a slight or extreme tilt but you still have to continuously correct.