Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: [Deleted]

Hi Kid

My bird is plastic covered so when I made the hatch I just used the piece I cut out, and it wanted to go flat, so I put a narrow h/wood rib to hold the shape just made sure it cleared p/gage, switch, charge jack, and the air fill port.

There are pic's back in the thread, but I am using winston method only moded my way on my 47 build.

Cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5
Old 07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
cimara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rt3232

Cimara Nice hacthes and arangement.

Cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5

Thanks Bob could not have done it with out this forum and yall
Old 07-03-2007, 05:38 AM
nchrome

dumb question I have a GS TF Coarsair and I have a G-45. I do plan on using a G-62 but will the G-45 handle this bird. If not than I guess I'll have to put this on my Sophwith Pup.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Tomcat_104
My Feedback: (42)

nchrome,

I consisered the G-45, it will fly the GS Corsair, I've seen one fly at a meet lately. Most guys, and I too, choose a G-62 since it will fly more scale and swing a bigger prop like the Corsair needs. So put the G-45 on the Sopwith and get yourself a G-62. IMHO that would be a better choice.

David

Corsair Brotherhood #3
Old 07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
NCIS

Hey,

Get the G-62, you will be happier! I ordered my 1/4 scale Lt. Doc Miller from Tiger Models today and Graham e-mailed me back and said he would get right started hand making it. There expensive but you can't beat the quality. I should have my 3W 200cc engine Thursday. I can't wait to see that baby.

Barry
Old 07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
rt3232

Tim

Hear is the pic

Cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27209.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	716059  
Old 07-04-2007, 05:17 PM
NCIS

Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

I'm making headway,

I finished the top of the complete wing today on my TF 1/8 scale Corsair so I have the area for the fuselage's wing saddle. I will build that next and then go back to finishing up the bottom sheeting of the center section. I still have to put my flap servos in so that will come first after the fuselage is built. I had to cut out a pretty big area where the wing dowel goes through the LE and the doubler for all the wiring and air lines. I just used the out line of the box that was already there. I have my air lines coming out both in front and rear of the main spar and the lighting wires for the nine wing lights comes out the box hole. I want to get this fuselage built or at least get a good start on it before my 1/4 scale get here next week. Here is my 1/6 scale Lt. Doc Miller thats going in the 1/8 scale but I also ordered him in 1/4 scale through Tiger Models in Germany. All Grahams pilots are hand made to order. They can make any pilot you want. The only problem is good workmanship costs$$$$$$$$$$.[]

Gibbs

Name:	Om34177.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	716367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52483.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	716368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24900.jpg
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	716369  
Old 07-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Bill Jennings
My Feedback: (85)

What has this to do with the Giant Scale F4U?

Regards.
Bill.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 AM
SMUGator

Have to admit that it's a fair question. No need to cross-post over 3 topics on this board as well as RCSB.

Tom
Old 07-05-2007, 01:06 PM
NCIS

Fine,

I guess because I'm building a different scale and designed Corsair you guy's aren't interested. That seems funny it's still a Giant scale Corsair. I'll keep it on my thread. I sure noticed you Tom posting pictures and mod's on CorsairJock's thread. I just thought you might want to know where you can get certain things like quality pilots and to keep you informed as to when I might be able to start my build. I didn't hear any complaints from you when I did a favor for you and a bunch of other people on this thread. Anyway thats my last words concerning my builds on this thread. Have a great build.

Barry
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
NCIS

Oh,

By the way what happened to the CORSAIR Brotherhood, does that only apply to people builing TF's kit. I thought a Corsair was a Corsair. ctflyboy you can remove me from your brotherhood list if it only applies for Top Flite builders.

Gibbs

CORSAIR Brotherhood #4
Old 07-05-2007, 01:27 PM
SMUGator

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Fine,

I guess because I'm building a different scale and designed Corsair you guy's aren't interested. That seems funny it's still a Giant scale Corsair. I'll keep it on my thread. I sure noticed you Tom posting pictures and mod's on CorsairJock's thread. I just thought you might want to know where you can get certain things like quality pilots and to keep you informed as to when I might be able to start my build. I didn't hear any complaints from you when I did a favor for you and a bunch of other people on this thread. Anyway thats my last words concerning my builds on this thread. Have a great build.

Barry
CorsairJock's thread is a TF 1/8 s scale mods thread. Rather than starting a separate build thread, I find it more logical to post my 1/8 mods there only along with the rest so that folks that come along later can find everything in one place. I don't post every step in my build, as most of it has been well documented elsewhere. I'm pretty comfortable about my balance sheet with regard to favors. When you get over being mad, I hope you see the logic in organizing content on a single thread per topic.

Tom
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 PM
NCIS

Tom,

I have been reading this thread for a long time and never started on my TF Giant Corsair. Why is it alright for other builders to post things on this site that aren't relevant or are just jabbering about other things but now it's a problem when I was sharing Corsair business. I see what you mean about CorsairJocks thread but I thought he said on his first post that he didn't want anyone cluttering up his thread with their build. I've seen many people do it so he must have changed his attitude towards it. Sorry for the cheap shot. I will still keep my build on my thread but I thought the great builders here could help me if I had a problem and need to post a picture or two to find out what I may be missing or doing wrong. I guess I was wrong and won't be able to do that. This thread won't help me if thats the case. Anyway thats all I have to say.

Barry
Old 07-05-2007, 07:19 PM
rt3232

Barry

I have been watching and reading alot of threads, and my reason is to learn and be able to chuse what I think are ideas that I would use as I am new to scale 2 1/2 years. The build in it self is so much ho-hum except for the mods and the research in to them, as I see it scale first is the out line to meet the orig engineered plans glass it and then the finish, if your are into detail then research is the ansure.

And you can post what you like ware ever you like, and I will chuse what I will use of anyons ideas, ask me a question and I will give you or any one a stright ansure, and if I don't know I will tell you so.

Like I told corsair kid I am to old to get mixed up in personality differances, and I will not argue how it should be done.

Cheers bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5
Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
NCIS

Thanks Bob,

I didn't start or want to be involved in a dispute. I guess I just should keep my questions in PM's or on my own threads. I didn't realize I was irritating people. I appreciate your support and will be starting next week on my thread. Come and visit.

Best Regards,

Barry
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Bill Jennings

G'Day Bob.
Back to the business at hand. How did the G62 preform on your first flight? I have looked back through the thread to see a photo of how you mounted it but went to sleep half way there. Have you got a photo of your set up, thanks mate.

Regards.
Bill
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bill Jennings

What has this to do with the Giant Scale F4U?

Regards.
Bill.

SFA is what Bill, which is what Tom pointed out
Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 AM
rt3232

Hi Bill

Hear is what I have so I will re post.

Hope these help

Cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5

Name:	Qn38599.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	717234   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43329.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	717235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58626.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	717236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66753.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	717237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm74798.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	717238  
Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
NCIS

YTFA OZ.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Bill Jennings

G'Day Bob.
Thanks for those mate. I see that you used isolation mounts on to the fuse. Were they a big help? I had mine set up first for a S/T4500 but decided to change over to a G62 after I had set the cowl mounting up. I think that I would rather do a kidney transplant on the dog next time. This is my first experience with a gas motor. Might have to go up and look at how Peter has set his up. How did the motor preform mate? Thanks again for your help.

Regards.

Bill.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: NCIS

YTFA OZ.

moderators I beleive this to be a very rude and unfirendly remark here, please take consistant and appropriate action.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bill Jennings

G'Day Bob.
Thanks for those mate. I see that you used isolation mounts on to the fuse. Were they a big help? I had mine set up first for a S/T4500 but decided to change over to a G62 after I had set the cowl mounting up. I think that I would rather do a kidney transplant on the dog next time. This is my first experience with a gas motor. Might have to go up and look at how Peter has set his up. How did the motor preform mate? Thanks again for your help.

Regards.

Bill.

Bill,
I used a modified GP large isolation mount kit on my DA-50, in fact only used the rubber grommets and tossed the rest as the ply was too small for the DA, also bolts not long enough.

The isloation mounts are a must on a big gasser or you will shake the fram to bits. This is especially true for a G62 which has severe low frequency vibration at idle RPM. You can convert the G62 to a DA electronic ignition system which smooths them out a lot and also adds about 400 rpm to the top end. Ron Cav had this done to his G62 that he has in his 1/4 scale P51.

cheers
Peter
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
BIOHAZARD

You know, I don't make many posts in here as I have yet to start my build and quite frankly following with anticipation of the current builds that are going on keeps me entertained.

However, it is a disgrace that others have to attack. In many instances this thread has either gotten off track or shown something from the smaller (1\8th) Corsair build that was/or could be incorporated into the Giant Scale Corsair. In my opinon they both add to the community and don't detract in any way.

But please. If you have something negative to say about someone else, post it to the moderators or the member in a PM and quit airing your dirty laundry. I come here to learn and make friends. Ask yourself what are you here for.

Sincerely,

BIO
Old 07-06-2007, 06:46 PM
duber3

HI!!!

I think I've maked a big mistake... last night I glued the firewall, of course the holes was drilled before I glue it, the problem is that the motor is 1/4" too hight
is it a big problem or I can let it like this, and if the motor is really to hight what will the problem???

thank!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Bill Jennings

You know, I am getting a little tired of all this girlie stuff. I think this thread was started to talk about building the T/F GS Corsair and up until now has done a splended job. I asked the question of what a build section out of a 1/8th size Corsair and the purchase of an expensive pilot for a 1/4 scale Corsair had to do with this thread, there are threads going on for these subjects on this site. But when you say somthing that this bloke dosen't like he wants to pack up his bat and ball and go home!!

Regards.
Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.