Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

ORIGINAL: Jeremyv1

hey ehroof can i ask you a ? if i just change the clutch bell is it really all that needed that i change the clutchs shoes and springs to stop stripping my gears cause i decided to keep the 2 gear setup and i dont want to keep going through gears

change to the hpi 17/22 setup and the gears will last a lot longer, if the clutch shoes are nylon then you dont have to change the shoes and spring.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:04 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: losi Kid

thanks for the reply ehroof but it wasent ny thing you said i found out that there was a gap caused by tighting the screws on the head for the engine one by one and them really tight and it caused a gap so when i was doing an inspection of the car and checking the things you said to and i saw nitro fuel all over the engine and so i cranked it up and sure enough out came fuel. so i retightened everything and i checked everything and started it up and it runs great now and thanks for the help.[8D]

unfortunatlyi have a new problem this time a easy problem to fix. i was showing off all my nitro vehicles to my little cousins who came down to visit and i put out a kicker ramp and ramped it off the ramp at like 30-35mph and BOOM it hit the ground the wrong way and the wheel went flying and off came most the left front arm so now i have to fix or buy the parts i cant fix to get this thing running good again. so again thanks again for the help

your welcome bro, glad you found the problem.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Jeremyv1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ehroof

hey ehroof can i ask you a ? if i just change the clutch bell is it really all that needed that i change the clutchs shoes and springs to stop stripping my gears cause i decided to keep the 2 gear setup and i dont want to keep going through gears

change to the hpi 17/22 setup and the gears will last a lot longer, if the clutch shoes are nylon then you dont have to change the shoes and spring.

well are the stock clutch shoes nylon and do you have a link for that clutch bell
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
ehroof

the bad stock clutch shoes were aluminum, the newer ones are nylon so if you have the nylon you should be fine. Email clermontmotorsports.com to get a price on the hpi 3 piece clutch bell, he has them but not on the site yet, his email is [email protected]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_17_24&products_id=415]17 Tooth HPI Gear[/link]

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_17_24&products_id=413]22 Tooth HPI Gear[/link]

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_17_24&products_id=412]HPI Threaded Clutch Bell[/link]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
TheSpeedytiger

ORIGINAL: ehroof

well are the stock clutch shoes nylon and do you have a link for that clutch bell

hey man if you look on the front page of this thread he posted all the stuff he told you to buy and i think just a little bit more all of it is good stuff i and other have that set up and it runs great and really fast so i suggest buying it these not really any trouble seting the new pieces up exapt the clutch bell you need to shread off a little bit of that arm stick down next to were the clutch bell would sit next to the gas tank and other than that just slap on the pieces and you[8D]
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 PM
hibityhupla

ORIGINAL: rclynx

I know tiger drive makes a backing plate for it[:-]
do you know the part # or where to get it besides ebay?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
rclynx

I think this is what your looking for http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGFK2&P=7
Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 AM
TheSpeedytiger

hey i just was wondering i was running my BB and my hex nut broke(for the third time) now my BB is starting just fine in just one pushes of the button on the roto start but it just keeps breaking i have it on the right way. so i was wondering if any of you knew of hex nut that would be a direct fit to the Vx-18 engine and if it would fit the backplate that you can buy for the redcat website.or if there is a backplate/pullstart that would fit the Vx-18
Old 07-21-2007, 12:39 PM
icecoldky30

Could someone please tell me how to install a aluminum upper plate on a Tornado BB i see how to do everything except the battery compartment holder and etc, how does all that work. Thanks alot
Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
rclynx

hey i just was wondering i was running my BB and my hex nut broke(for the third time) now my BB is starting just fine in just one pushes of the button on the roto start but it just keeps breaking i have it on the right way. so i was wondering if any of you knew of hex nut that would be a direct fit to the Vx-18 engine and if it would fit the backplate that you can buy for the redcat website.or if there is a backplate/pullstart that would fit the Vx-18
What do you mean by hex nut..........one way bearing? If your breaking the one way there has to be something magor wrong M8.............could you show us all a picture of what your breaking? And yes there are lots of pull starts out therethat work
Old 07-21-2007, 02:46 PM
TheSpeedytiger

What do you mean by hex nut..........one way bearing? If your breaking the one way there has to be something magor wrong M8.............could you show us all a picture of what your breaking? And yes there are lots of pull starts out therethat work
yes by hex nut i meant the one way bearing but i am pretty sure there is nothing major wrong with my car or engine i check it after every run and thats really the only thing that breaks my engine runs great only about half a gallon through it. i run it pretty hard for long pierods but i keep it in good condition. but if you think there is a problem let my know what you think it is i will check to see if that may be it but thanxs for the info rclynx
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM
hibityhupla

I think this is what your looking for http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGFK2&P=7
thanks man, you have been a big help! I'll post some pics when I get it all done.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
rclynx

yes by hex nut i meant the one way bearing but i am pretty sure there is nothing major wrong with my car or engine i check it after every run and thats really the only thing that breaks my engine runs great only about half a gallon through it. i run it pretty hard for long pierods but i keep it in good condition. but if you think there is a problem let my know what you think it is i will check to see if that may be it but thanxs for the info rclynx
What is your procedure when your threw running your truck?[:-]
Old 07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
TheSpeedytiger

well since this really only has to do with the engine when i am doing my check the parts i check and clean on my engine are, the shoe clutch/ spring, check the one way bearing andback plate, glowplug, carberator, and thats its for the engine part of it.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
rclynx

do you take out the glow plug and put the piston at bottom dead center and add after run oil?[:-]
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM
spartan8892

i need help i just order two 42 tooth spur gears instead of 44 tooths will it still mesh right or am i screwed?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 PM
spartan8892

sorry i forgot to put down that i have 17t clutch bell
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM
TheSpeedytiger

does any one know of a good one way bearing that doesnt break every day you run it i just bought one from redcat about 3 days ago and it broke after a day and a half of running it about all the time and it broke witch left me screwed and i dont think my LHS carries a one way bearing that will fit my BB so if any of you know of a bearing that will fit the bb and be more reliable then the redcat .16-.18 oneway bearing so if you do post it and were to buy it Thanx[:-]

oh and it need to fit the backing plate for the BB that you buy from the redcat website or if you know of a pulstart/backing plate that will fit the BB and please post if you know were to buy them thnxz
Old 07-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Wadman

ORIGINAL: losi Kid

does any one know of a good one way bearing that doesnt break every day you run it i just bought one from redcat about 3 days ago and it broke after a day and a half of running it about all the time and it broke witch left me screwed and i dont think my LHS carries a one way bearing that will fit my BB so if any of you know of a bearing that will fit the bb and be more reliable then the redcat .16-.18 oneway bearing so if you do post it and were to buy it Thanx[:-]

oh and it need to fit the backing plate for the BB that you buy from the redcat website or if you know of a pulstart/backing plate that will fit the BB and please post if you know were to buy them thnxz

If I were you, I'd be looking for another reason why the you're breaking one way bearings. No one else has posted about problems with the bearing.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM
rclynx

couldn't be anything but defective bearings Wadman whats the matter with youLOL
Old 07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
poe

Hi is the tornado bb durable? Almost as durable as a 1/8 buggy? Do the shocks bottom out and where can you find parts? Dont the shock towers bend alot and do they have any problems?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
TheSpeedytiger

ok i know its the one way bearing but none of you have anwsered my other question what is a good one way that will fit the Vx-18 and the redcat back plate
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
ehroof

hpi .15 nitrostar one way for the pullstart

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEH3&P=7
Old 07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
romanracer

I keep breaking the gears on the steering servo on the tornado xp i am tired of buying new ones what should i do? Buy a steering servo with metal gears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.