Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Boost Bottle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Bottle

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried a boost bottle out on any of your RCs?
Used to use them on motocross bikes to improve throttle response and low end/accelration.
Came across one on tower hobbies for RCs, but never heard of one installed on an RC.

Just curious

THanks

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJCN7&P=7
Old 07-23-2007, 02:07 PM
dStruct714

Default RE: Boost Bottle

From what I've always heard about them it's mostly smoke and mirrors, I wouldn't think in such a small application it wouldn't even be worth the added weight. I mean you're talking like 1-5% increase in power and only at a few RPM ranges.

Anyone have a boost bottle of any kind? Maybe you should post this ? in the general MT forums..

I'd be curious to see some numbers, and if it actually does anything at all.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Bashnbreakalot

The only benefit that I have ever heard or read about boost bottles is that they can keep you running longer once you have flipped over.
I did a bit of research a year of so ago and that was the best I could honestly find out about them.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:52 PM
burningpoo

Bashnbreakalot I like how you used the gen le tire to put the little guy up in the air in your gallery
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
dStruct714

So is there an easy way to adapt a boost bottle to say an NX-76 motor? Does it already have any holes on it or easy places to put a hole to do this mod, I don't know how much I want to run out and start drilling holes in my already ridiculously fast NX-76 motor...
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm almost embarrassed to say I dont know what the boost bottle is used for......LOL
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM
benpimpin

im not sure about on a small engine like this, but I know on all the high performance banshees and all other quads they are crap and do absolutely nothing, or so I read on tons of quad forums. They are more just for looks than anything
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
dStruct714

TRD,

You're not really missing much, it's basically just a bottle the size of the engine displacement, so NX-76 it would be a 7.7cc bottle that would store that little bit of left over mixture from the crankcase in between engine rotations, it's supposed to help provide the engine with more bottom end and quicker access to atomized fuel particles. But to me the extra weight (what .0002oz.) isn't even worth it..
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Bashnbreakalot

Thanks BP, That's a modded RC10GT sitting on the tire, shows you the scale difference big time!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dStruct,

I was being sarcastic to illustrate the uselessness of the bottle. I know what it is supposed to do but on engines this size they are useless and cannot transfer the atomized fuel quick enough due the high velocity of the crankcase gasses.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 AM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: Bashnbreakalot

Thanks BP, That's a modded RC10GT sitting on the tire, shows you the scale difference big time!
I've got a OLD rc 10 nitro ds with the os max .12 up in my room...she hasn't ran in many years...I cleaned her up good and freed up the motor about 6 or 7 months ago...was going to fix it up and get a new little truck untill I found the GST...what can I say...I was in love and still am