Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

bk lehner esc programming cable problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:46 PM
kona_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bk lehner esc programming cable problem

I've got an older BK 18120 micro esc and am having trouble connecting to a pc. I built my own cable following the schematics that I found on the Lehner website and it seems to work, but is inconsistent. I can only connect to the esc maybe 2-5% of the time. The rest of the time it says (in German) "Data reading: eeprom read errors and/or missing". I've checked the connections and the circuit many times and everything looks good. I'm using a lab power supply at exactly 5 volts and the parallel port is working. The servotester in the bk program works fine. I hooked it up to an oscilloscope and can see the pulse trains go by, but it seems like some of the data is getting corrupted and that is why it only connects infrequently and gets read errors most of the time.

Has anyone built their own cable or have the same problem with an official bk cable?

Here is the link to the schematic:
http://www.lehner-motoren.com/download.php?la=en

Any insight into this would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 PM
TenergyRep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bk lehner esc programming cable problem

I would contact this gentleman,RURC (his RCU handle), he has alot of experience with all kinds of BL motors and ESCs.

If you read this, sorry RURC I don't mean to pimp out your knowledge, but you have gained alot of respect from me for your BL knowledge.