Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

earthquake problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:36 PM
radman0184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default earthquake problems

I just bought this earthquake and yes I'm a somewhat newbie to this, but everyone knows that the earthquake does not come with instructions that are worth anything more than something to wipe with. So I have ran about 4 tanks of fuel through trying to break this thing in and all along the way I can not get this thing tuned right if it was to save my life. I can definitly say that this thing has been running rich because all of the fuel that has been coming out the exhaust. I just tried to fine tune this thing better and when its cold it wont stay running without the glowplug starter on, is this normal?? Also once it is up to temp the truck will shut off and wont start, and I noticed that when it does this, as soon as it peters out and is off the fuel runs right back through the fuel hose back into the tank. Could this be because the engine is too hot and the fuel is evaporating in the carburetor and loosing the vacume??? I know I dont have the carb set right yet(and am having a very hard time!). No matter what I set it at it never seems to sound right. I already checked the hoses and fuel tank and pressure hole in tuned pipe(all ok!) Someone please help!!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
guy4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: earthquake problems

Go to the redcat racing forum they can help you.