Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Miss Martha

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Miss Martha

Old 07-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Kaos Rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Martha

Does anyone have, or know where I can find plans for this plane?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: Miss Martha

Ed,

I have the Miss Martha plans in a DWG (AutoCAD r.14) file. I can eMail them for free. If you need hard copies, unfortunately I'll have to pass the cost of printing on to you.

Let me know.

Dr.1
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
hrrcflyer

Ed,

Which Miss Martha do you want? I have CAD files of the 40 size Miss Martha 5 and a set of plans for one I enlarged to 60 size. If you want, I can send you CAD files or PDF's that you can take to you local print store with a large format printer and have them print them out for you. Let me know which you prefer and I'll be glad to send them to you.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 07-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Kaos Rulz

David,

I've sent you a PM
Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 AM
hrrcflyer

Ed,

I've sent the PDF files to you. One thing I forgot to mention is that the plans fit on three 30 x 42 sheets of paper. What motor do you plan on using for your plane? Like I said in my PM, let us know how it works out. I really hope you enjoy it.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
rcpileit-RCU

Hey Ed,

Toprudder here on RCU is the original designer and you can get the original plans from him.

George
Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Kaos Rulz

David,

I plan on using a TT 46 pro.
The only two questions the plans do not address are the CG and how the wing halfs are attached. I saw no provisions for a root rib at the wing center. It only shows a root rib as the second rib from center. I plan on using another root rib at the ends of both wing halfs and joining them together with epoxy and wrapping the center section with fiberglass.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
hrrcflyer

Ed,

Thanks for your input. If I remember correctly, the 40 size wing was intended to be built it one piece. If you want me to, I can mirror the wing half shown and send you a PDF so you can have both sides to build from. The plans I made the drawings from showed the CG on the 3/8" spruce spar. Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add shear webs all the way to the wing tip. Hopefully Toprudder here on RCU can correct me if I am wrong about anything.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Kaos Rulz

David,

LOL - just a cople of minutes ago I said to myself, "Ya know it's probably a one-piece wing, you big dummy you!" [:@] I''m so familiar building two piece wings, and without the dimensions, I just assumed. Well you know the rest......
Yes, if you can send the mirror image withoput it being too much hassel, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

David,

I sent you a pm as I'd love to get a set of the 60 size plans if I could and don't mind paying for them. Let me know.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
hrrcflyer

Jim,

PM me your email address and what format you want the plans in and I will get them to you right away.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

David, What's the wing span on the 60 size and what engine did you use?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM
toprudder

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Ed,

Thanks for your input. If I remember correctly, the 40 size wing was intended to be built it one piece. If you want me to, I can mirror the wing half shown and send you a PDF so you can have both sides to build from. The plans I made the drawings from showed the CG on the 3/8" spruce spar. Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add shear webs all the way to the wing tip. Hopefully Toprudder here on RCU can correct me if I am wrong about anything.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Sorry I am joining this thread a little late, I just stumbled upon it.

Yes, the wing was intended to be built as one piece, so there was never any "root" rib, no need for it.

I can't speak for the plans in question (they did not originate with me) but the balance was right on the spar for the original design. FWIW, the original prototype had 3/8" hardwood spars and 3/32" sheeting. It was way overbuilt. The later VessRich kits had 1/4" hardwood spars and 1/16" sheeting. On all of the ones I built, I used 2 less ribs and spaced them further apart, and also used 1/4" balsa spars that I handpicked (HARD balsa) with 1/16" shear webbing about halfway out. The original fuselage was built from 3/32" balsa with 1/16" ply doublers. If the fuse broke, it always broke at the end of the doubler, right behind the wing. Was easy to fix that way. The later kits from Model Engineering were 1/8" lite ply sides, they tended to come out a little tail heavy.

Bob Richards
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
hrrcflyer

Ed,

What size are you looking for? I have plans of the 40 size Miss Martha 5. I also have the plans drawn for a 60 size. Let me know which one you want and I will be more than happy to send them to you.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Kaos Rulz

Thanks for the offer David, but I've got a couple sets of plans already.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wandered in to the Miss Martha thread. I would love to build a couple of .40 size MMs for my buds. I remember MMs from when I was first learning to fly. The HOT pilot at the field was flying a Miss Martha while I was struggling to miss the earth with my Eaglet 50. It's on my list of 10 perfect RC planes.
I even have some HB.40 PDPs so I can assemble it authentic to the design timeline.
If you still have CAD files, I can read them. I would be most grateful.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 AM
toprudder

If anyone is interested, I do still have plans available. Send me a pm if you are interested.