Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:16 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

If you got the "smart charger 20XX" and it flashing red/green, treat it like it's a charged battery and use it. If you let it flash red/green long enough...it will go solid green after a while. I had that problem a while ago and I learned that if I just walk away for a half an hour to an hour...it goes green. Nothing to worry about.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 PM
mrasmm

yeah it depends on which unit you have. If you have the one where flashing red and green means trickle charge, you're ok. If not, then likely the dc to dc power coverter has gone out, and is probably the charger is gone. Look up the post stock charger dead for more info.

Also esky makes a better charger than eflite even though it is basically the same thing. Look up esky lipo charger on ebay and there is one for $16 bucks with shipping.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:17 PM
choppersrule

Choppersrule Here:

On a very Serious side, please take your time to read and send John a get well card.

One of our helicopter friends, has had a triple bypass heart operation a few days ago. He hasn't posted in some time due to health issues. He's 51 years old and is recovering well in San Antonio Texas. I'm sure you remember his screen name, "JELLISON". He is extremely knowledgable and I miss his inputs. A dear friend of his, has been e-mailing me and updating me on his progress.
Below, is a small portion of the E-mail I received this morning. And the address that cards or letters can be sent.

Thanks fellas, I truely appreciate it, and I know John Ellison will be thrilled to receive cards and letters from fellow heli guys.

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ====================================
Dave,

I don't know just when he will have the energy to get back on line
himself, but I do know it won't be long. Until then we will keep you
posted.

Those of you who wish to send cards or letters may use this address:
John Ellison
946 Kayton Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78210

Again, he wishes to extend his thanks for the energy and good wishes
you have provided.

Sherry
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 PM
checho4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have read a treath about make the blade CP wood blades , but i cant find them , have you seen them??? Do you know how can I make them????

Thanks

Sergio
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: checho4

i have read a treath about make the blade CP wood blades , but i cant find them , have you seen them??? Do you know how can I make them????

Thanks

Sergio

Yeah...it's in this thread someplace, you can search it. It really isn't worth the trouble though...I ended up getting Plasti-Blades...you'll only buy them once...they DONT BREAK...trust me.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:53 AM
mrasmm

try this link

http://bladecp.cbmhacker.com/blades/index.html

with the frame
http://bladecp.cbmhacker.com/index.html?blades&2
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
checho4
My Feedback: (4)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for reply , i´ll go find the paint stirring sticks.
But i´m interested in the treath about make de wood blades.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
lettucelord

Hey i have a blade CP, it flew fine for a little while, but now when you add full throttle, it just sits there on the ground until you start to increase the trim, then it puts the pitch in but because of the pitch increase, the engine bogs down and the only way to control it is to pull the throttle out, but then it resets again and wont lift off. I thought it just needed a bit of adjusting so I took it to my hobby shop, and the heli expert sat there for an hour and a half trying to fix it. He replaced a couple bent parts in the rotor head, checked all the servos and everything. He had no idea what was wrong with it. I called Horizon, and the tech guy told me over and over that it had to be the servos, but the thing is, each servo works fine by itself. I want to get this heli going again, so I was wonderin if any of you guys had any suggestions
THanks
Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lettucelord

Hey i have a blade CP, it flew fine for a little while, but now when you add full throttle, it just sits there on the ground until you start to increase the trim, then it puts the pitch in but because of the pitch increase, the engine bogs down and the only way to control it is to pull the throttle out, but then it resets again and wont lift off. I thought it just needed a bit of adjusting so I took it to my hobby shop, and the heli expert sat there for an hour and a half trying to fix it. He replaced a couple bent parts in the rotor head, checked all the servos and everything. He had no idea what was wrong with it. I called Horizon, and the tech guy told me over and over that it had to be the servos, but the thing is, each servo works fine by itself. I want to get this heli going again, so I was wonderin if any of you guys had any suggestions
THanks
Personally, I don't think much of horizon's tech staff...but there's an outside chance he might be right. I'll tell you what I know, maybe it'll help.

* If the tail motor is going (and it don't have to show signs), it could draw power from the main motor reducing lift/speed.

*The main motor it's self may be on the verge of taking a dump

*1 weak servo may also cause this problem. The servo may look like it's working but in fact is defective.

That's one of my major issues with the CP/CPP is that one symtom may be caused by a number of possible problems. Start with the cheapest and work your way up. Tail motor would be high on the list as faras being suspect, the main motor is next, and then servos.
Not only that...it could be two of the above that are happening.

HAVE FUN eh?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:55 PM
lettucelord

Haha, thanks for the information. The guy at my hobby store never checked the tail motor, so thanks for suggesting that, I will defiantly check that out. He did check the main motor and servos and thought they were OK, but I will defiantly start replacing things. THanks again
Old 08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
crashcrash

Haha, thanks for the information. The guy at my hobby store never checked the tail motor, so thanks for suggesting that, I will defiantly check that out. He did check the main motor and servos and thought they were OK, but I will defiantly start replacing things. THanks again
I forgot to mention that the battery may also be the culprit...there's just so many things it could be. Even though a component may check out OK on the bench don't mean it's good and you'll spend a lot of time looking at things that are bad, but you won't see it. Replace things going from cheapest to most expensive until you hit it. It could also be MORE than one thing hurting you also. Man....I think I've seen every possible problem the CP/CPP could develop in the 6 months I owned one.
I bought the E-Sky Honeybee King V2. After converting it to brushless, and fixing the belt throwing problem....I don't work on it, I fly it, day after day, pack after pack...it's VERY dependable.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Hello everyone, I have a blade cp and have a couple of questions.
What's the trainer switch on the tx do? It's not a "duel rates" switch, is it?
My other question is, I somehow bent that bar that's next to the rudder, the thing that stops the rudder from hitting the ground. How do I fix it?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
daijoubu

The trainer switch is for when you hook two radios together between an instructor and a student. The instructor holds down the trainer switch while the student flies and releases it to take control of the helicopter.

The best way to fix the bent part would be to replace it.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Thanks daijoubu, the help is appreciated.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 AM
mrasmm

THanks

one other thing to check is to see if you have any binding in the head. If you do, that could defiantely cause this problem. Check out the sticky collective fix, and also check and see if you have the bell hiller head, if you do, make sure the screws in the mixer arms are not too tight and the flybar can flop from side to side.

Here is the sticky collective fix.
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...Collective_Fix
Old 08-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Gene Valjean

Hey guys, posted a new thread after searching for what i was looking for but maybe i should have just come here. I got a dx7 and want to put it in my cp. Someone in either this thread or the other cp thread has done this and layed out an outline of the settings. Gentlemen, I am looking for those settings. You can go check out my thread(please do) in this very forum, or just help me out here. Thanks, guys.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:50 AM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: Gene Valjean

Hey guys, posted a new thread after searching for what i was looking for but maybe i should have just come here. I got a dx7 and want to put it in my cp. Someone in either this thread or the other cp thread has done this and layed out an outline of the settings. Gentlemen, I am looking for those settings. You can go check out my thread(please do) in this very forum, or just help me out here. Thanks, guys.

check here
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/index.php/Index:HOWTO
Old 08-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Gene Valjean

Oh wow, I only looked at that link page, but it looks very impressive! Thank you mrasmm!!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:44 PM
mrasmm

no prob man =)

Glad to hear you've got your heli back up and running [8D]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Gene Valjean

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

no prob man =)

Glad to hear you've got your heli back up and running [8D]
Yeah! I take it you remember me from some months back? Its exciting to get back on the horse. It took a big push and a new job for the money, but I'm really interested in mastering my heli and i hope the things I am getting will help me with that.
I dont have it all done yet, truth be told im terrified of messing it up! Hey, If i dont have my heli all set up yet, can i still go through and do the seup other people have recommended, or do I need to wait?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:52 AM
mrasmm

waita get back on the horse =)

I'm not sure what setup you are looking at, but yeah it's definately a good idea to learn setup and get the thing tuned before you fly it too much. It will really help out alot. The thing that is the concern with beginners though is if you have a setup heli that would fly better before adjustments. It's all a learning process and something good to figure out though, because the first time you crash, all those settings are gona need readjustment anyways =)
Old 08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Gene Valjean

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

waita get back on the horse =)

I'm not sure what setup you are looking at. . .
D'OH! I saw that reading my post right befoe i read yours. I meant the DX7 setup! cani enter all those settings into the radio before the actually heli is all rebuilt?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Gene Valjean

Awwww man! Okay, so I get back to fresno from monterey just a few minuters ago and low and behold- my superskids had arrived!!!!
I promptly open them up and start reading the instructions when I realize that the tail saver bead and the fin all connect to the tiny carbon fiber rod that juts out from right before the motor. Big deal, you may say. But guys--- I cut mine off when i got a carbon fiber fin to replace it!!!!! Uhg! I was really looking foward to the "tail saver" idea. What can I do??? Can I BUY this part? It slides on the boom, right?: Ive never seen it before. HALP!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
mrasmm

you've probably already got this taken care of, but you can drill out the CF and put a new rod in there, they come in a kit for the tail for a few bucks from horizon, or you can just buy a new motor mount and get the tail skid also and go that way. The only advantage to buying the extra part is that you wouldn't have to drill out the CF which can be hard sometimes.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Gene Valjean

yeah, i just bought the parts, I'm going to be doing the DD upgrade, though recently there has been a lot of nay-saying going on about it. like seriously, the past few days. I'm worried.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.