Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Uncontrolable tail

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Uncontrolable tail

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM
J Anderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncontrolable tail

Just all of the sudden the tail on my AXE CP has become uncontrolable. The tail gear is fine, the mesh is fine, and the tail rotor is fine. Full right rudder does not hold the tail. It just spins to the left. Any Ideas???
Old 08-14-2007, 08:08 AM
123Splat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Uncontrolable tail

Given your statements:
1) check the trim on the xmitr (bottom, horizontal, trim on the left joystick).
2) Look over the 3-in-1 board for obvious physical damage (knocked a trim pot (three on the front of the board) loose, or burned components).
3) try adjustment of the gyro gain.

You didn't say if you had had any hard touchdowns or crashes.
You said the tail motor was O.K., but you did not say how you know.
Unplug the tail motor from the 3-in-1 board, apply power from two AA batteries in series (polarity is not important) to the tail motor. You should see the tail rotor jerk or spin. if so, tail motor is most likely O.K.
Plug tail motor back into 3-in-1. Unplug one of the Main motor leads. Turn the xmitr on. Plug in the flight battery. Pick up the heli by the landing struts. Push the throttle/yaw control (left stick) to full throttle and then full Right yaw. If the tail motor does not twitch or turn, wag the tail counter-clockwise fast, bring the tail slowly back to starting point, and wag rapidly counter-clockwise again. The tail rotor should start turning during the wag. If not, suspect the Gyro gain/sensitivity and/or the 3-in-1 board.

That's the best that I have. There are a lot of guys out there with more expertise than me. Maybe they can help more.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 PM
toms_cpcx

Check the reverse switch of the transmitter for the rudder make sure it is in the correcct position

Tom
Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Revo_Rash

When I crashed mine it loosened the Tail motor to the point where the mesh looked ok but when the motor was torqued it would pull away from the gear. but it maintained minimal contact to just make the tail rotor spin. But I had no tail control. didn't figure it out until I sat down and started pulling and wiggling things. from first glance it looked like it was all meshed up fine, even when i tried to spin the blade by hand it had tension. I tried to tighten the screws on the tail motor and that's when I found that it was loose.