Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

they keep falling out? if so cut a piece of fuel tubing and put a small piece in the drive cups so that it takes up the slack, be careful not to make it bind, just 2 little pieces. Also paint them flurescent orange or yellow so thier easy to find if they fall out. If they are breaking then thats a different story.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Atomik Havoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it just seems to be that the grub screws come un-done and the driveshaft falls out. im not sure how the front wheel shafts come out... although i did take a few hard flips ;-) hehehehe serves me right for giving it a battering, but hey.... what are they meant for!???? hehe so where do you suggest i should put the tubing??? ive got florescent tubing anyway so i just need to know where to put the bits those grub screws are useless. but i lost 4 driveshafts on the front end in one weekend (the ones that go from the center drive shaft to each front wheel)

Thanks Ehroof
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

you put a small piece in the drive cup.(its where the dog bone sits in the cup). It will take up some of the space....
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Atomik Havoc

Hey dude, Thanks for that... now all ive gota do is fit the front wheel drive shafts... the guy in the shop done it so quick i thought i knew how to do it but on taking the wheel off i cant seem to geth the actual wheel arm apart to get the shaft back in!.... i will figure it out though.

WAHOOOOOOO! i can join the club peeps, i am a happy member of the "ive just smoothed my gear cog off" gang LMAO

my engine block screws cam undone on one side so must have slipped a little and done the cog in... sooooooooooooo
screwed everything back together and then pushed the engine closer in to catch what was left of the cog teeth then continued running it (would you belive it the truck actually got fastrer) had it running for another 20mins or so then all of a suddent im revving and the car isnt going anywhere!. i look at the cog again and boy have i made it nice n smooth! LOL LOL LOL you know what i say... run it till its run out! hehehe

gotsta get me 2 front wheel shafts and 1 new plastic cog. do they make metal upgrade cog? that questions probably been asked somewhere in this thread but dam theres a lot of pages!!!!!

thannks for the advice ehroof! your a star
Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Atomik Havoc

Oh sorry and also you Clermont for re-explaining where to put em!. now ive gota worry about my Gear Cog :-O im so pleased with how its runnign tho... im nearly keeping up with my Cousing Inferno ST 2007 :-D pullin off some bad boy jumps too and also some real nasty smashes (good job its nice n grassy where we race)

Also (wish i got it on camera) me n my cousin were racing along side eachother when his one kicked out arse end slightly (probs going about 30mph+) then WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!! his tyre clipper my tyre and sent mine flying off the road in a roll hit something initially which flipped it into the air and cart wheeled about 12 times before finally stopping in a bush! i thought it was gona be wrecked but i went over and started it back up no problem :-D PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW that was a lucky one. [>:] DEMON DRIVER hehehe
Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 AM
brianmarks78

hey there,
1.Does anyone know the hex size for the tornado xl/shockwave?
2. Will the volcano stx tires fit on the shockwave/xl? If they fit, will it still be able to turn or will it rub to much?
thank you,
brian
Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
brianmarks78

hey there,
just got my shockwave in yesterday, This morning I was in my break in procedure, during tank 3, it cut out?
I checked the fuel-good, my batteries- good, the glow plug was good but I went ahead and put a new one in anyways. Still nothing. I turn on my components and plug in the ignitor and pull. It pulls good but nothing. every 6-7 pulls, it make a little noise but nothing. I increased my idle alittle and decreased it and nothing. my low speed needle is flush-good. I tried richen and leaning 1/8 turns. nothing. Any suggestions?
thank you brian
Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
ehroof

try priming the carb, put a couple of drops of fuel in the carb and see if it tries to start.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
FlyinGN

are you getting a good tank seal? Otherwise you may not get enough pressure to push the fuel to the carb.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
NightHawk18

Well its been a long time since i have ahd a problem but here it is. I was running fine for the past 5 months and then today i went out for a drive and i went to prime the engine and i couldnt get pressure... so i disconnected the tube from the exhaust to the gas tank and blew and it just made air come out so i changed both gas lines and then tried again....same probllem so i founf that it is comeing from the outlet tube from the gas tank to the engine... how do i fix this or is time for a new tank.... i dont know if there is a seal in there or what i havent really taken a good look at it yet

thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
ehroof

you may have a clog behind the nipple in the fuel tank, take it out and see if something is there
Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
RadioCoyote

Help. I just got my Tornado XL. Cannot start to save my life! Any tricks to get these engines to start??? I have tried putting the high & low settings back to factory setting and then adjusting from there. I have tampered with the idle screw too. What is the factory setting for that thing anyway? My glow plug is working (redish glow is emitting). I havent even started my break-in yet. Geez. I thought this would be easier. My friends HPI gasoline car isnt like this at all.....Oh well. Ideas???
Old 08-17-2007, 07:25 PM
gatorswinall1

I had a problem with my gears stripping so i kept replacing and i was so bored because it wouldnt work so i just took everything apart out of bpredom and i noticed the broken spring. So now i know why the gears are stripping. So now I'm trying to find a new one and i cant find the place to find the spring anywhere. Where do i get one?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
ehroof

well, clermontmotosports.com is in florida, i am just not so sure what spring your talking about, if you mean the clutch spring he has a great clutch and spring setup for like $11
Old 08-17-2007, 08:21 PM
jakcharles
My Feedback: (10)

I have a question I eplaced my clutch shoes and spring with the Traxxs and it seems to work has anyone else done this?? And if I am not suppose to use the Traxx shoes what one should I get. I just want to drive me rc car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
ehroof

the shoes will work, its just they are smaller and the stall rate is fairly high, if you like the way it works then use it bro, i personally didnt like the amount of rpm's it takes to get the car moving. the worse that can happen is that you burn the clutch shoes out sooner than the stock size ones or bigger ones.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 PM
jakcharles
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks ehroof, does hpi make shoes that will fit my lightning?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 PM
ehroof

yes, the ones for the firestorm
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 PM
brushedtooth

ehroof, I have a tsuanmi ultrawide coming sometime next week and was wondering if I should change to the 13/18 clutch bell setup for the 17/22? I wouldn't mind being able to do wheelies, but still have some top end if that is possible. Further searching seems to find show only the hpi 13/18 setup out of stock, I will do the 17/22 for now but if it is suggested do the 13/18 later on. Thanks! Great forum here!

EDIT: Do you suggest changing the clutch shoe setup to the spring less [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVK12&P=7]HPI Teflon Set[/link]
Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 PM
ichbinanthrax

ORIGINAL: RadioCoyote

Help. I just got my Tornado XL. Cannot start to save my life! Any tricks to get these engines to start??? I have tried putting the high & low settings back to factory setting and then adjusting from there. I have tampered with the idle screw too. What is the factory setting for that thing anyway? My glow plug is working (redish glow is emitting). I havent even started my break-in yet. Geez. I thought this would be easier. My friends HPI gasoline car isnt like this at all.....Oh well. Ideas???
my way of setting the idle screw is, close it almost all the way, so theres a VERY tiny gap there maybe this --> || big. Then open it until it starts (make a VERY small adjustment, like a 16th of a turn, pull the throttle so it opens the carb, then apply full break, and try to start it. Once you start it keep turning it, while it's running in 1/10th increments giving it some gas to open the carb, then full break, until the tires begin to move on their own. Now turn the idle screw 1/6th of a turn and that should work fine. Actually let me go take a quick picture of how i have my idle screw set.

As far is starting it, put fuel in the tank then Plug the exhaust with your finger (No glow plug ingitor) and pull about 10 times, let off of the exhaust and pull, Continue this until you notice the sound of you pulling is deeper then normal (This is how you prime your engine). Then put your ignitor in, and Pull and it should start in about 2-3 pulls

Picture:

Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 PM
supersound99ss

^agreed...thats how mine is set....i was cussing trying to crank mine the first time. i would add the drops to the carb like the manual said and would either flood the engine or no crank....plugged the exhaust and primed it that way, cranked the 2nd pull
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 PM
ichbinanthrax

Yea, NEVER EVER EVER EVER prime your engine by dropping fuel into the carb until you break it in, maybe not even after you do. Dropping it straight in will give your engine VERY high revs before it's even broken in. Also, who needs to get nitro all over your pretty car? I've never been able to do that without spilling, or overfilling it.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
shockwavekyle

ok i took my car out today and it ran ok. I took my filter off and with out the throttle pulled the thing in the carb is all the way open is this rite or no
Old 08-18-2007, 08:01 PM
ehroof

its not right but if you turned the car off the servo's can jump especially if you turn the radio off first. if it was wide open you would have a full open throttle during idle.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
shockwavekyle

should it be open like that at idle or no how do i adjust it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.