Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

Hang up on start.

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Hang up on start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Moe142
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hang up on start.

Hello. I have done ALL the trouble shooting and to no avail, the J600R still hangs up on start. At about 10-13,000 RPM. (it just stayes there until I sut the engine down) A couple of times it ramped up and I thought it was going to go all the way but it didn't. It just went back down in RPM's and stayed there for a few seconds til the engine turned off by itself. There is a * on number 4 after shutdown. It sounds like the pump it NOT engaging. I tried to prime the pump and it never turned on. It has always turned on before when primed the pump. The last shutdown showed 18,000 RPM and the pump 2.04. and just an* on number 5 . And I have a FULLY charged battery. Mabey my fuel pump is bad. I will test it with the ECU battery for a second. Kelly help..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Moe142
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Hang up on start.

UPDATE. It starts! It was a sticky or stuck fuel pump. I took the fuel pump and hooked it up directly to the ECU battery for a second and it pumped or came un-stuck. Put everything back in and did a prime from the GDT and the pump primed. (before when I did this the pump did NOT prime) So I am guessing it was a stuck or sticky fuel pump. I have about 13 hrs on it. So, I went through the start sequence and it came alive and fired right up! GREAT LITTLE TURBINE. I plan on getting a 1300R here very soon!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
B777

Default RE: Hang up on start.

Thanks for the input and update

Fuel pumps do stick from time to time especially after long storage. Priming before start helps to confirm if the pump is sticky or not.

Cheers,
Kraivuth S.