Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 AM
spartan8892

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

ok i have an odd problem[]. i bought an hpi header a few months back and put it on my VX 16 engine. i was driving it around to day when the car got really loud so i took the body of and the screws holding the header to the engine where gone lucky i had spare but i put those on and they are gone now to[:'(] the thread on the engine is completly gone and wont hold the header do i need a new engine??????
Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 AM
tyhodge07

i thought the header only had threads, and the motor didnt.. anyways, r u using some thread lock stuff? that will keep them from falling out, pretty much all the stuff on the motor u want that on so they dont come lose.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 AM
hibityhupla

If nothing else get some small nuts to put on the ends
Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 AM
hibityhupla

Any ideas on why i melted a set of alloy clutch pads in two runs?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 AM
newdoughboy

Sorry to bother you guys, but what is the teeth for 1st and 2nd gear on the stock steel clutch bell? If I don't mind doing the pull start, is it necessary to buy the roto start? Do you guys know of any carbon fiber parts for the tornado? if so where?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 AM
rclynx

To dark down in the shop or I would look but I think there 17/22 and keep the pull start if you like nothing wrong with that, in my case I have the roto start because I'm lazy[&:] as far as carbon fibor is concerned you will probably have to cut your own if you want it. Plastic is plenty strong on those buggies
Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 AM
newdoughboy

Thanks, and where would I find some carbon fiber to cut out, if I so choose? Also, how many cc of oil do i put into the stock aluminum shocks?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 AM
rclynx

Someone said it could be found on e-bay. I don't know where to get it because I couldn't justify it as an expense for my race cars when I saw first hand it held no advantage. As for the shock they are all different...........if your not racing just pull the shock rod down all the way and fill the shock to a little more than a 1/4 of an inch from the top. seal it and wheel it. For racing there are to many formulas to go over , but what I gave you should get you by
Old 09-18-2007, 05:19 AM
newdoughboy

awesome thanks, how about cheap aluminum arms and hubs? i can't seem to find any under $20
Old 09-18-2007, 05:27 AM
newdoughboy

sorry for so many questions, but do you know any shock towers that will fit directly? (from companies other than redcat and himoto)
Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
rclynx

Cheap aluminum parts? the least expensive parts that I've found are Redcat for aluminum and the aluminum towers are the cheapest aluminum part you can buy. If you do a little checking out there you will find that after market aluminum parts are a lot higher on other models than Redcat..........lower arms front or rear for a Revo or a Mammoth go from $35.00 to $100.00 +[]
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Ricco74

Hi all,

looking to buy a couple of these to compliment my Bonzers,
but can someone just confirm that I am looking at the right ones.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230169454459

Is this the correct model ?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
kegger420

Here's a tech question for my redcat tornado XL.. was running it today and all of a sudden i noticed no brakes! ok so stopped it and found that the brakes wont engage and neither will the rear drivetrain as the rears wont spin. the fronts are all good.. what can this be?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM
rclynx

grub screw at the transmission...........its the part the is attached to the transmission that drives the dog bone.........there is an allan screw in it that needs to be tightened[&o]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
rc_nooby

is there a difference in glow plugs? can a glow plug go into any vehicle? does it have to be a certain glow plug to fit the tornado/shockwave

wats the difference between cold medium and hot? for the glow plug

o by the way. does any one know the part number for the glow plug redcat shockwave buggy??????
Old 09-18-2007, 03:10 PM
kegger420

ORIGINAL: rclynx

grub screw at the transmission...........its the part the is attached to the transmission that drives the dog bone.........there is an allan screw in it that needs to be tightened[&o]

thats what i thought but i cant seem to figure out it goes back together.. if i just tighten the grub the screw goes in way too far. also the dogbone doesnt turn the brake disc either. any pics of what ur talking about with arrows would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
kegger420

ORIGINAL: kegger420

ORIGINAL: rclynx

thats what i thought but i cant seem to figure out it goes back together.. if i just tighten the grub the screw goes in way too far. also the dogbone doesnt turn the brake disc either. any pics of what ur talking about with arrows would be greatly appreciated

oh nevermind, just a little playing with it a bit more and i got the brake disc and coupler to line right up.. loc-tic blue on the grub , now i should be good to go.... just hope i spaced it correctly. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
d3d5

ORIGINAL: rc_nooby

is there a difference in glow plugs? can a glow plug go into any vehicle? does it have to be a certain glow plug to fit the tornado/shockwave

wats the difference between cold medium and hot? for the glow plug

o by the way. does any one know the part number for the glow plug redcat shockwave buggy??????
for glow plugs you can use any hot plug for your shockwave the best glow plug to get is the os a3 this one:
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCB26&P=ML]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCB26&P=ML[/link]
Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM
rclynx

Good I'm glad I just got here and read your post............some time when you tear it down to clean or fix something put blue lock tight on all the metal to metal screws[&o]good luck/ happy RC'en
Old 09-19-2007, 05:35 AM
newdoughboy

I have the same question as the guys above.

Difference between Hot to Cold glow plugs

I know that Hot is for richer engines and the O.S. A3 is an exceptional glow plug.

I just see cold glow plugs are more expensive, so I am just wondering, Am I missing out on something good?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
rclynx

Not missing out on anything with a cold plug in a small block engine. The reason for a hot plug in the smaller engine is because it's a small engine. A small engine won't hold the heat and in order for the glow plug to work properly it needs the heat. this is the rule for the small 1/10 truck and buggies..........On the other hand you get a lightning that your holding at 20 thousand + rpm when driving you need a medium plug,but thats because the R's are there to keep the heat.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
newdoughboy

Thanks, you've been a lot of help. One more thing about glow plugs, Is it neccessary to get the expensive ones made out of platinum? supposivitly it lasts longer
Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
newdoughboy

Hey guys, I just noticed today that my steering bellcrank (the one connected to the servo) has cracked, I used CA glue to fix it, but I feel that in a turn it will break, so do you guys know of any aluminum ones that will fit in my tornado?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM
rclynx

I don't like the platinum, but not for any special reason (they are made for turbo) other than I would like to change out that oil soaked one every once and a while anyway. Try the Thunderbolt #3 Competition #115559 great plug for the VX's and I like #147024 SE004 SH Glow Plug - SH #4 Medium Temp for the .28 SH 3P[&o]
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: newdoughboy

Hey guys, I just noticed today that my steering bellcrank (the one connected to the servo) has cracked, I used CA glue to fix it, but I feel that in a turn it will break, so do you guys know of any aluminum ones that will fit in my tornado?

i am pretty sure either redcat has or is getting them in aluminum as a hop up, maybe nick can chime in tomorrow about this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.