Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Just want to find out if you guys think this is a good deal!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just want to find out if you guys think this is a good deal!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
soccerdude28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just want to find out if you guys think this is a good deal!

I need to find out if this is a good deal. I'm new to the sport, was always interested in electric, so advice is muchly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Ok so he says 175 Canadian, and that is definitely my price range, here is what he sent me...

The most popular 1/10 4 wheel drive 2 speed off-road buggy in the world just got better! At each evolutionary step, the Xtreme has been improved upon to keep it at the peak of the RC off-road buggy field. So how do you make an Xtreme better? Extra speed, extra adjustability, extra toughness! The new Xtreme is packed with features that have been suggested by Xtreme owners: More room for the electronics, easier access to the differentials and transmission, and more suspension adjustability. The result is the best Xtreme ever.

The heart of the Xtreme truck line has always been a .18 engine with reliable and consistent power for tough off-road driving. With revised porting and crankshaft, internal airflow has been optimized for increased power and torque.

RTR 100% factory assembled with installed engine and radio gear makes getting started easy

The 2.5mm lightweight aluminum alloy chassis provides excellent performance and durability

New lightweight suspension arms deliver quick suspension response and reduce the critical sprung weight and overall weight of the car

Oil filled shocks with firm tuned springs keep the wheels on the ground

The new .18 engine features a new crankcase and upgrades to the cylinder, piston, connecting rod and crankshaft, delivers more power, more torque and extra cooling.

2-Speed transmission for fast acceleration and insane top end speed

High capacity fuel tank with perfect caliber makes it impossible to overflow and provides long run times

So what you guys think?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:29 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just want to find out if you guys think this is a good deal!

what a load of BS......."most popular buggy" um no..........

thats just either a REDCAT or SMARTECH with a diffrent name they are all over ebay........chinesse nocks off, ive broken in a few at the LHS i work at and honestly a truly a pain in the butt......and to find parts for that car GOOD LUCK!!!! under 200 bucks there isnt much RC u could buy........

but for about 260 bucks u could buy a HPI FIRESTORM and have a great car, and part readily avaible anywhere
Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is a link to it on TOWER HOBBIES

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPVD8&P=ML

i dont own one but ive messed with a few at the shop, also if there is a track in ur area this thing is alot of fun out of the box
Old 10-13-2007, 01:39 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Avoid that buggy like the black death. Its an "ebay special" style buggy. One of those designs that just sorta floats around and gets branded by everyone. That radio system is junk, I've used it.

Get a buggy by a reputable manufacturer.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 AM
DaveG55

Do yourself a BIG favor. Raise your price range, even if it means putting off buying one for a little while, and get a good, brand name vehicle. The HPI one that was suggested is a good one but there are lots of other choices too.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:59 PM
haasjj

I will agree with the above posts and strongly suggest that you stay away from this company, I looked at there web site and it looks like all of there stuff is just a cheap copy of better know company's. With this kinda thing I doubt you would get any customer support and you will probably have a hard time finding parts, and if it comes to that think about a $175 dollar paper weight because you can't get parts.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
torro-ski
Banned

See my webite for r/c 3 wheelers and r/c snowmoblies...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98593.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	788514