Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Air Borne Models (World Models) Cap 232

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Air Borne Models (World Models) Cap 232

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
ctdannyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Borne Models (World Models) Cap 232

I came upon a used Cap 232 46s. This was in a serious crash, but was repaired very nicely. However, it didn't come with a fuel tank. I've tried a couple of off the shelf ones but, no joy.

The problem arises in the fact that there is a firewall right in the area of where the leading edge of the wing goes into the fuse, and there is also a glued servo deck just a few inches behind that. So, when you angle the tank into position you catch on the servo deck and really, it's not removable. I know I can cut into it, and make something fastened and removeable for future repairs, but want to get it in the air before the end of the season .

I wonder if anyone has found a local source for this tank or one that would work. Airborne does have them, but i'm just looking for something quicker.

Also, if anyone has an experience with this bird, I'd love to hear it. I know that Caps are very prone to snapping, just about anywhere, but still would love to hear your stories.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Borne Models (World Models) Cap 232

i had a frontier senior from world models that needed the engine mount replaced and i ordered it online from them pretty easily.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFU62&P=7]Sullivan 8oz Flex Tank[/link]
Get a Sullivan Flex tank. These are very pliable and easy to squeeze into tight areas.

Aft CG and too much elevator will make a Cap "Snappy" but this can be desirable too..
Old 10-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

EVERY aerobatic airplane can be a snappy monster if not set up right and not flown with care.

Set the CG way back on an Extra 300S and tell me it's not snappy. Or an Edge 540. Or a Yak, or a Giles 202 or ANY of them.

Caps got a bad reputation somewhere along the way because people were not setting them up properly, but flying them with hamfisted thumbs and hogging on the sticks at slow speeds. My trainer will snap at slow sped if you grab too much elevator and hit the throttle just right. It'll snap right over.