Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tango ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tango ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 AM
cutterp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tango ARF

Thank you to the fellow who actually bought one and flew it and put his opinion in this thread about the Tango.
I'd like to read what OWNERS of the Tango have to say.

Paul
Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 AM
NorfolkSouthern

I too have purchased a kit for evaluation. The finish on the model is flawless, no wrinkles any place. Its construction is strait forward, the tank is plumbed, all the hinging is done, the wheels are attached to the landing gear and holes pre-drilled. And yes, they've even included the foam for the batteries and receiver, pre-formed. No cutting necessary. For the price, I'm impressed!

NorfolkSouthern
Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
echoguydd

I purchased this kit and put my electristar C-42 motor and twin 3600 mAh nimh set up in her. I set the control throws to their minimums being new to aerobatics. This plane will do just about eveything you can do. with lipos and the recomended BL-46 engine I am sure it will hover. snap rolls are impressive and the response is extremely good.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
The Toolman

Thinkin about gettin a Tango soon, an I was wondering if anybody that has one could give me a little info. I have an almost new OS LA65 laying around and need a home for it. Just wondering if it'll fit in the mounts on this plane.
I fly profiles an I thought I'd give this one a try since they claim you can do full speed passes with it also.

Ronnie-The Toolman
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
NorfolkSouthern

The Toolman: This plane weighs roughly 4 1/2 to 5 or so pounds. None the less, I have seen a .61 sized engine on a Twist 40 (a Super Tiger, I think). It looked like it was a little too big for that size of plane. It flew very well, with unlimited vertical. But then again, the pilot told me that he wasn't into 3D flying, just wanted an affordable plane for sport. I think the weight of the engine will put the CG a little too far forward, without adding some weight to the tail. You'll probably end up with something heavier that won't float as well, with some reduced 3D capability, and you will have to carefully manage your airspeed. You will want a lower pitched prop for the proper amount of torque at the reduced speeds these planes require, and you will need to land hotter.

NorfolkSouthern
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 AM
The Toolman

I'm not really interested in 3d'ing this plane, just something that I can take to the field an play wobble sticks with in the air. The plane is just so ugly it's cute to me.

I just don't have the $ right now going into winter to buy a new engine and I hate to rob one off of one of my other planes. I just thought the 65la might be something to throw on it to get some use out of it.

Ronnie
Old 10-23-2007, 08:28 AM
goplaneman
My Feedback: (175)

Weight wise, not much differance. Hanger 9 wants you to put in the NX .52. It is larger, but should fit just fine. I run a OS .46, and have to put the battery pack all the way in the front to have the CG in the mid range. I think it will be fine.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 AM
The Toolman

Thanx goplane, I figured it would probably be alright in it. I just hate to have an engine sitting around not doing nothing.

Ronnie
Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 AM
goplaneman
My Feedback: (175)

Don't be suprised by the high wing, This is more of a 3D plane than it looks. I was hopeing for more of a sport plane myself. I have only been out to the field twice with mine, and Im thinking about putting it up for sale just because it more than I was looking for. Think I will buy another Kaos.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks, I am going to lock this thread temporarily while I clean it out. All posts that are considered to be argumentative and off topic will be removed. Any more arguing or off topic posts will be met with the same fate and the member possibly being placed on moderated status without warning.

No one will receive a message stating that a post was removed, it would be way too much work at this point

I will reopen the thread once I am done...
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only gotten through three pages of editing and deleting posts and the theme of the thread has been totally destroyed so I am going to leave it locked. I am not going to delete it for the time being as there is some good info left.

I do apologize to the members that were holding a good discussion about the Tango.

Here is a link to the new thread I started

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6527527

Just a fair warning, if that thread goes the same way as this one did, posts will be removed or edited without warning and if it gets bad enough, you may find yourself on moderated status without warning.