Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

Old 05-26-2007, 06:43 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

I like this plane, but I will be putting my name on that corsair list like... yesterday, if it looks as good as this one!

too bad my wife is anit-planes right now. I would order up this plane, skysharks p-40 and that soon to be e released corsair.... and that fw-109! (one of my favs, just about bought the AIrworld one that was for sale and had a DA100 in it...... all finished too!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:52 PM
kochj

Also, would a twin fit in this cowl????
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
kochj

I wonder if a saito 5R would be enough to fly this one??
Old 11-05-2007, 10:22 AM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

I wonder when or if i will ever be able to get one[&o], the website says out of stock and if i try to pre-order my computor warns me not to proceed because of something with their security expiring on the website. Russ
Old 11-05-2007, 12:31 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are out of business
Old 11-05-2007, 06:20 PM
stuka
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not had any response to my emails or calls as well.As stated earlier in this post the wing on this plane is built extremely light.You can go on my previous posts and read all about the wing issues that I experienced. I would not replace my Ziroli Zero with one of these,as stated in an earlier post. I would take the time and build another Ziroli if at all possible. Just my 2 cents worth. I hope the other guys that have these have better luck with there planes.I also hope that Ultra Rc corrects these issues that I have stated in my previous post.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: JeffH

They are out of business
No ****??
I am surprised at that one!!
I was awaiting ther new soo to be released corsair 100" Ws but never heard back form them!
I also wanted to pick up a new pattern plane if they come out with a new one next year.... They are always out of stock on those things....
I wish they still had the ICEPoint.... Ohh well.
That would explain things....
Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there is a post in the ARF forum explaining the details of what is happening.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

I think Ultra RC has gone out of business. only an opinion since their callback number no longer works and there isn't any response by email.. Wondering what happended to them...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Alessandro 78

Hi all

I have the opportunity to buy a kit that is the same Ultra-rc sold here in italy that is cohomprensive of robart retract main and tail:

http://www.mattfly.it/product.php~id...+INCLUSI~.html

I hoped also that it was been the TBM sold under a different name, but the seller confirmed that the wing is two pieces.

I have a 3W-80xi that is laying around and needs a home.

According to what I red in different topics, sometimes seems a honest flyer, other times not; I'm here to ask some suggestions.

My alternative is a H9 CAP 232 (not yet available here in europe, or better, not from the e-shop I usually use).

Thanks for you attention

bye

Alessandro
Old 05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
damagedgoodes

I would leave it in the shop. Been worknig on mine for quite some time trying to fix all the issues with the kit. The TBM kit looks a lot better quality wise and build a lot lighter due to the extended nose. I can easily say it is the worst quality ARF i've ever had. If you'd like a detailed list of all the faults of this kit then PM me. If you can wait a while (don't know exactly how long) ESM (KMP) will be releasing two 50cc warbirds soon but no details as to what they will be. I have 4 ESM 120 size warbirds and the quality is so much better. Not everyting is perfect with these kits either but no where near as bad as the Ultra Rc Zero (out of the AT Pro factory in China). Hope this helps your decision.
Dave.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Ultra RC 92

I couldn't help but notice your response to KMP's large scale line up. I happen to know what they are cause I man their phones on a daily basis. Debuing in late September or early October, KMP will introduce a 85" Corsair with retracts and a Supermarine Spitfire of 89" length. Now is the time to get your order in for these phenominal Warbirds, they will be excuisite.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

For completeness, the World Models part number cited by Stuka back in post 125 of this thread for the double arm used on the rudder tiller is incorrect. That part isn't even adaptable to this context; the correct part number is PL4112301 (see photos).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35924.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1268554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94894.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1268555  
Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Magnum RC

This Zero is available again through Magnum RC,  check it out if you wish..

http://magnumrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44&products _id=161
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Very interesting... have any of the shortcomings in the original version been addressed (especially the incidence problem between the wing and the stab)?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 AM
nicoladestro

Hi. I'd like to' mount in my Zero a five cyl radial engine
It's a 65cc and has about 5-6hp

Do you think it has enough power ?
Diameter: the engine diameter is 23-24 cm (9,5 inch)
Is the engine cowl big enough?
Thanks

Nicola
Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 AM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume this is the same kit we purchased thru Troybuilt, as parts layout etc looks just like ours. Never checked the incidences but the zero is a dream to fly as designed once properly balanced.
Only negative I had on the kit was the very weak wood used for retract rails and poor design on tail wheel retract unit. I replaced with a better hardwood and stronger glue joints. Standard Robart retract tail wheel was a easy replacement using same mount.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Aluminum Overcast

The TroyBuilt version has reduced the dihedral of the main wing (to reduce roll coupling in a knife edge) and done a few other "tweaks" in their opinion to make this warbird fly a bit more predictably and with IMAC like performance...Personally, I think a model of a warbird should look and fly in a similar way to the original.....I'm not really interested in hovering, lumpshevaking, (sp?) or doing other 3dish or IMAC type things that the "tweaks were meant to add.

I'm adding the same 5 cylinder you are speaking of (ASP400) the 80" CMP zero and it will fit there with more than enough power to fly it very well. It will probably fly the 90" in a similar way if not more scale.

Here's a video of a few engine runs I did on the bench last fall..very good power and very good runtime on just a 16 oz tank....I'll probably go with a 20oz for flight though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK1jF...8&feature=plcp
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM
nicoladestro

Thanks for the answer.
One more question. Do you know the diameter of the wheels?
I mean , the landing gear of the kit ,what max diameter
wheels can mount ?
Do you have some photos of the landing gear?
Thx
Old 02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Aluminum Overcast

I don't own the kit you are asking about so I'm not sure... however, I can tell you what I'm doing on the CMP 82" inch Zero....Landing gear and wheels are from the Yellow Aircraft companies Zero. That Zero is 80" I believe and the gear is about as scale for the zero as I have ever seen from anyone. I'm also using the yellow Aircraft spinner as well as it is correct shape and diameter as well. I'll attach few pix of them here...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12446.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1725726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55908.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1725727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35445.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1725728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18693.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1725729  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM
nicoladestro

Hi. I knew the cmp had very small tyre wells..
Isn't it?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Aluminum Overcast

Yes, the CMP does have some issues in regard to how it compares to the full scale especially in the gear / wheel area. I plan to heavily modify this area as well as the flaps, ailerons and other modifications to make this CMP far more accurate.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM
nicoladestro

Do you know this one ?
http://www.cymodel.com/Cn/pro_view.a...87&cid=6&scid=

The wing is oracover covered and painted.
Do you know if Ultra use oracover or epoxy balsa sheetings?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Mac Hodges

Nicola,

Maybe I can answer some of your questions. I have the old Ultra RC Zero and have been flying it for maybe 6 years or so. Appears to be the exact same model as the CY plane that you sent a link to. I don't know who makes the Troy Built model but I have seen it fly and it flies well. What I don't like about it is they lengthened the nose to aid in balancing the model and destroyed the scale look of the short nose that the Zero has. My Zero flies great. It weighs about 30 lbs. and is powered by a ZDZ 80. I have about 3 lbs. of weight mounted beside the engine and tried to mount everything as far forward as possible. To me the 80cc engine is just right for the plane. It would fly fine with a 65cc engine but I don't think the radial you mentioned would fit in the cowl. I roughly measured my cowl from the outside and it appears to be about 9.25 inches, maybe just a little over that but probably not enough for the engine you gave measurements for. I have a fixed tailwheel so as not to add any additional weight that would have to be compensated for up front adding to the overall weight. The tailwheel barely sticks out, works fine on the ground, and is barely noticeable in the air. There does appear to be an incidence problem as someone mentioned as I do have a noticeable amount of down trim but it still flies great. The wheels are 5" and are the largest that can be used. And the retract mounting area is a very weak point on the model. The ribs and the entire retract mounting area must be beefed up substantially or the gear will probably rip out on the first landing and severely damage the wing. I beefed mine up in the beginning and have had no issues. But I also make good landings. :-) Any warbird with retracts won't tolerate rough landings but the Zero wouldn't even tolerate many good landings as it comes out of the box. Unless they have changed things, the ribs that the gear blocks mount to are just balsa with no plywood reinforcement which it needs. The Ultra Zero has a fiberglass fuse and a sheeted wing and stab covered with fabric and painted. Again, looking at the CY model...it is the same model.

Hope this helps, Mac Hodges
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
nicoladestro

ORIGINAL: Aluminum Overcast

The TroyBuilt version has reduced the dihedral of the main wing (to reduce roll coupling in a knife edge) and done a few other ''tweaks'' in their opinion to make this warbird fly a bit more predictably and with IMAC like performance...Personally, I think a model of a warbird should look and fly in a similar way to the original.....I'm not really interested in hovering, lumpshevaking, (sp?) or doing other 3dish or IMAC type things that the ''tweaks were meant to add.

I'm adding the same 5 cylinder you are speaking of (ASP400) the 80'' CMP zero and it will fit there with more than enough power to fly it very well. It will probably fly the 90'' in a similar way if not more scale.

Here's a video of a few engine runs I did on the bench last fall..very good power and very good runtime on just a 16 oz tank....I'll probably go with a 20oz for flight though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK1jF...8&feature=plcp
Hi. Are you sure the asp engine will fit in the cowl ? Many people tell me that the cowl is 22cm (9 inch). How did you mount your engine in the cowl ? Did you cut it ?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.