Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Finally getting the XXX-4 for back together. Ok to have motor/ESC so close?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Finally getting the XXX-4 for back together. Ok to have motor/ESC so close?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally getting the XXX-4 for back together. Ok to have motor/ESC so close?

The LRP ESC has a pretty large footprint and just barely fits behind the motor. There is clearance, probably 1/16" or so between the ESC and motor. Is this going to be a problem?

Buggy was a lot of fun to rebuild. Now it's just waiting for a pack that I need to build. You can see the homemade front Al shock tower and Lunsford Turnbuckles. Tini shock shafts and a few more goodies. New Holeshot tires.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 AM
moose_guy70

Default RE: Finally getting the XXX-4 for back together. Ok to have motor/ESC so close?

It should be fine. I had my sphere/neo combo in it for a while and it was fine. just a little cramped in there.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Finally getting the XXX-4 for back together. Ok to have motor/ESC so close?

Cool. Looking forward to running it. Haven't run a 1/10 electric 4x4 buggy before. I am running a stock motor for now to get it under control. The ESC is good down to 13t motors so I can put a mod in there when I get used to it.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

The LRP Sphere Competetion ESC is killer. Its probably the best brushless esc Ive ran besides the VXL. I used it with a Reedy Neo-4star motor and I could'nt have been happier with how it preformed.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
ElectricGuy007

So the Novak 7.5 system is not that good? That's what I'll be running next year.
By the way the car looks great Dale.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: bmaglinger
By the way the car looks great Dale.
As always...[8D]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 AM
moose_guy70

ORIGINAL: Takedown

The LRP Sphere Competetion ESC is killer. Its probably the best brushless esc Ive ran besides the VXL. I used it with a Reedy Neo-4star motor and I could'nt have been happier with how it preformed.

yeah i loved my sphere for the 2 years.. until it burst into flames two days ago and its history lol.. but i think ill get another one