Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

My Warhead EVO arrives WOOOOHOOOOO

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My Warhead EVO arrives WOOOOHOOOOO

Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
DaxFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Warhead EVO arrives WOOOOHOOOOO

hello people ai recived today my warhead evo !from first looking at it does look not so hard as my moonson. the only metal parts are the side plates of the chasis and the roll bar. everithing else is plastic. it looks awesome have 2 speed and reverse and came with the electric starter. I will breaking now and with let you later how is this truck in compare with my monsoon..

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO another one to my collection.. ADICT ,,, YES !! I DONT CARE.

1rs step is admit the adiction. and I admitted. so I dont care... lets keep buying and runnin RC'S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20605.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	794690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57404.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	794691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85572.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	794692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28241.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	794693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh58314.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	794694  
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
rob123

Default RE: My Warhead EVO arrives WOOOOHOOOOO

Nice Truck:[sm=thumbup.gif] Now take your time looking over the truck to make sure everything is up to par!!! Also take your time when breaking in the engine and follow the instructions carefully. Last thing, Make sure you take out the grease in the front and rear diff unit and replace it with silicone diff fluid. Other then that, You have a fine truck there send us some vids when you have the chance. (GOODLUCK)[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
RTJustice

Nice truck dude! I just got one last week and finished breaking in the motor a couple days ago. It's a very fast and stable platform. One thing you might want to do is buy a couple sets of tie rod ball ends. I have already broken a couple when hitting a garage and curb..lol You doing any hoping up and if so what?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 PM
DaxFX

Its factory. no hop up yet! an I think it will still factory for a wile. Its an awesome truck. the only thing that I dont like too much is the electric starter. I will prefer pull start. sometime the part that you put the rod of the electric starter is just dont grip to engine and sound like grinding. if engine get a little flood the electric starter will grind the gears. I think I will replace with a normal pull start. also you have to carry the starter and if the truck stall in the track you have to be with the starter in hand all time. I will like thing less complicated. beside that everithing on this truck is amazing. You try to pull up the ruck using highest position on shocks, is very high I think is the highest adjusment any truck have, no other truck can adjust so high ( I think). the engine was very easy to breaking in compare with my monsoon and other cars I have. and the manual is very presice in adjustment on everithing. this truck has all kind of setting you can adjust almost everithing . the high, the angle, the hardnes, of wheel. plates can be adjust for better stearing or for better high jumps. every plastic part have 1 year warranty free of charge.

I will recomded to anyone. there are some people that says is a bad truck. (I think they dont have one) .
Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Rice_slayer

The truck itself is good, Trust me, I own an original one thats updated to evo, but the stock engine is what hols this truck back. It seems good for the first 10-15 tanks, then wont tune properly and is just a pain, mine finally blew up a few months back, Axial 28 here i come!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
dannorman

I purchased the original warhead when they first came out in february 2006. It is a nice truck but here was my problems,motor would run, very rich first half of tank,second half of fuel it would run hot to the point of having to shut it down fuel was O,Donnals.I have been flying airplanes for 40 years so motor tuning was not the problem. Sent motor to hobby services replaced with new motor. First tank of fuel tranny went out sent to hobby services replaced it with new started up motor pulled out of driveway tranny went out for second time. So I gave up still have truck in box would like to send to hobby services to see if they could fix it right this time it is a nice truck. I am 53 years old truck was never bashed just driven in driveway and street.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:28 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys got mine about two weeks ago, and i have had a couple problems. First my topshaft gear stripped out, and then i broke the cv joints at the top and blew a pin out of the bottom of one. I called Duratrax and there sending me new CV's but the one thing i learned is DO NOT raise the truck all the way up to rumble mode. The duratrax technicians said that rumble mode add additional stress's on the truck and the CV dogbones can not take the stress that the extreme angle put on them, and that the CV's are bound to go if you do this. They say leave it in the stock setting or the race mode. Oh and for mods I highly suggest, i suggest the aluminum clutch shoes, the ultra light bell, and the reverse eliminator all give the truck a little more ommmmphh. Here are some pics of my CV problems.

Name:	Ay74506.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	801376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd95006.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	801377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk18193.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	801378  
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
davido666

I bought a used warhead and my cv shafts were worn out the same. I am in the process of rebuilding the truck. The last thing I have to do is replace the one way bearing and the shaft it rides on when the parts come in this week. I think I will lower the truck and see if it reduces the wear on the cv's. I would highly recomment you tear down the front and rear diffs. They are only packed with grease. Put in 5000 rear 7000 front and 50000k on the outside of the diff and on the pinion gear. I found a set of cv shafts on ebay new and real cheap. The seller is groovie-stuf. I picked up a complete set (4) of cv's for 25.00 bucks
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

yeah i saw that he's selling more of those CV's, and think of the CV's like U joints on a real truck when you raise a real truck you wear out the U joints faster. Just like when you raise these trucks you wear the CV's out faster, Another thing I saw one kid saying that the all out race mode screws up the steering so I think somewhere a little lower but not completely smashed should work good

Josh
Old 11-15-2007, 12:26 PM
dmanola2001

i just got my warhead evo in I have a traxxas rustler also I hope I didnt make a mistake cause my local hobby shop were i bought my traxxas rustler from they carry duratrax but not the warhead model cause they said it was junk i havent done anything to it but put the decals on it havent started it yet i hope the hobby shop is wrong and just pissed cause I didnt buy what they has in stock!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
davido666

Well the warhead is all rebuilt and runs great. I sealed the engine and it purrs like a kitten now nice and smooth. I put a new one way bearing and shaft in and it takes off nice and quick. New cvs and drive shafts. Now all I need is a little warmer weather.

Name:	Yv66023.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	804703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86787.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	804704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46298.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	804705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74942.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	804706  
Old 11-16-2007, 05:05 AM
dannorman

I hope they fixed all the problems from the first run because they are junk. Motor would over heat to boiling when down to half tank. It would run very rich until half tank they replaced motor same problem then tranny went sent back pulled out of driveway with new tranny went out so I just gave up.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
davido666

What part of the tranny went. I found the oneway bearing and shaft that it rides on was chewed up. If it was the spur gear that was chewed up put on the metal spur with the hardened clutch bell. You have to change the two together or the new spur will chew up the softer original clutch bell. I order an extra one way and shaft to have on hand if it goes again so I don't have to wait for it to come in at my LHS. Working on these cars is a hobby and part of it is learning to repair them. I also have the duratrax raze and the only thing that has gone wrong with it is that I ran all the rubber off the tires. I put on a few upgrades like the aluminum servo tray and the sway bars. I found a guy on ebay with great prices on tires so that is not an issue any more. The super tiger is in the raze but the fuel tank is at a better level and the motor runs great. I think the problem with the warhead is that half of the tank is above the carb so gravity is forcing more fuel thru the carb. After the fuel gets below the carb you are relying on the pressure only from the exhaust.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
dannorman

You are probably right about the tank issue but this truck was never bashed just drove around on pavement. As far as other duratrax products they are great. I will give Hobby Services and send it back for one more try because this is a nice truck my T-Max never any problems what so ever.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
dannorman

I forgot to let you know I never opened the tranny due to the fact it was only one week old when it was returned but when I got it back just pulled out of driveway and it just quit.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
davido666

I don't bash mine. I drive it around the street and lawn. I took it out today +4 celcius no overheating problem today! I lauched it over the curb and it went airborne and did 4 cart wheels and landed on its wheels and kept going. I found sealing the motor made a difference with my idle and temps. Now if the temp outside would go up a little more.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
bigairlife

Warheads are great trucks.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
davido666

I second that bigairlife. Had a blast on the weekend. Even with the cold weather here in Canada I ran a few tanks thru it.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
bigairlife

nice
Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 AM
dannorman

David keep us posted on the status of your warhead like I said the first runs were bad a lot of trucks were returned to tower hobbies for a refund but I decided to keep mine.I have it back in the box for over a year now so I am going to send it back to see one more time if it can be fixed.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
DaxFX

I was the starter of this thread on you can notice that i have not post anithing more. mine was running perfect but last time (2 weeks ago) run it went to hot and the spur gear melted. was my fault because I ran very lean to do some drag race i want to win running lean but I over heat engine no damage to engine but spur gear melted. I have not found the spur gear here. some of you know for a good replacement I dont whant to use the original spur.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
davido666

Here is one on ebay. A metal one it won't melt. But you would have to order the hardened clutch bell to go with it. The one that comes on the truck will lose all its teeth after a few tanks. I use both of these no problems at all. Just remember to loctite the six screws on the spur before you install it.

DTXC2523 Heavy Duty Clutch Bell 15T
DTXC4506 Steel Spur Gear 49T blue

ebay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=018
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM
RTJustice

Well I haven't been able to race the Moster GT yet probably because there scard..lol I have ran 3 quarts through it now and has been running sweet. I noticed you have to brake during the turns to keep is sharp. Cannot power through it. The only thing with the motor is top end torque. I noticed getting it above 32 or so you have to go in a straight line in rough dirt. It's hard to accelerate more going that fast trying to turn hard. But I must say the suspention is super sweet! I can handle just about everything other than going directly up a curb (body is too short). I have still not finished tuning. I start and then play around but am pretty close. Pretty much brake or full throttle..lol

Get er done
Old 11-23-2007, 08:13 AM
DaxFX

my EVO is a LEMON. I change spur gear and I notice that the engine and Tank metal holder is cracked on tank side. My biggest jump is like 1 feet in the air. the truck is very wierd now after chage spur gear. it does not want to move forward i hit full thruttle and just move like 1 mph also theengine does not what to thruttle up complete. since I am new on nitro trucks I buy this one for the good looking but I am very upset that I dont buy the Monster GT. I was looking at those 2, EVO and GT and just went with evo by the look. I hate this truck I have beaing running in front of my home like 10 tanks or less and do some very small bashing in the speed reducer on the street. and that crap of truck is all damage before tak it to the real track.

Dont ever buy this truck. is a lemon .

some one have a GT to trade with me?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 AM
dannorman

Sorry to hear about your warhead but this is a common problem with all of them I have no idea how very few have had good results. The monster gt is a good truck but I bought the t-maxx and have had nothing but great results it is to bad I still have my warhead in the box it just never worked right but still it's base configuration makes it a good truck minus the engine. The super tiger engines were good airplane motors in the sixties through the eighties but are a complete flop in the trucks and I must say now that they are made in china the aircraft engines are not worth buying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.