Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HPI SAVAGE VS DURATRAX WARHEAD EVO VS TRAXXAS REVO & TMAX?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI SAVAGE VS DURATRAX WARHEAD EVO VS TRAXXAS REVO & TMAX?

Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI SAVAGE VS DURATRAX WARHEAD EVO VS TRAXXAS REVO & TMAX?

ORIGINAL: rodneykwalker

Man, now i got more problems,,,,

Ok, my engine is leaking fuel right behind the flywheel. Is the flywheel the round thing that you would sit a starter box on? Lots of fuel, like very fast. Duratrax says i need to send it to them. They said its a bearing. Now, I want to take my .21 engine out of my rd logics sho, but the problem with that engine is the flywheel is stuck, and not spinning. Can someone help me with all these problems? I want to put the buggy engine in my warhead.
Go ahead and chuck that bum engine. Do not send back the enitire turck, instead, dismount it and send back only the engine. In the mean time, try getting an STS D30M and tuned pipe for about $200 (a real deal!) and slap that into your truck. This will let Duratrax know that you will not sacrifice your fun while they replace a factory defect.

With a D30M in your truck, you will not ever want to slap that sorry .27 engine back into it ever again. As a matter of fact, when Duratrax sends you a new .27engine, just sell it on-line to recover some of the money you spend to buy the STS gear.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
rodneykwalker

i think im just going to buy a new engine. Another problem i am having, is that i tried to take the engine apart and sine i could not get the fly wheel off, i went to put the engine back together, and you know that gear that is at the front of the engine, the gear that connects to the spur gear to make the car move, well it wont tighten down on the shaft thats in the engine. It spins freely, and i dont think that is right because if it spins freely then when the engine shaft turns, the car wont move. Is this correct? Isnt it suppose to be tight? the fly wheel is tight to the shaft so im figuring its suppose to be tight
Old 05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
rodneykwalker

i know i seem to have alot of problems, but i can tell you this, i have driven this car day and night for the last 2 days, and man it is powerful. Ive driven through hard dirt with lots of bumps and jumps, and i have not broken anything, well except the engine lol
Old 05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

To get the flywheel off the engine, you can go to AutoZone or any other auto store and buy a battery post puller. That will pop the flywheel off the collet very easily.

As for tightenting the flywheel back down, get a 4-way cross wrench for RC cars and trucks. Also, get a Duratrax flywheel holder; you will need both of these to put the nut on and to take it off properly.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM
rodneykwalker

thanks for the reply, but can you help me with my last question, about the gear that connects to the spur gear? Is this gear suppose to spin freely with the hand? its only held on with a little c clip. The gear thats in front of the fly wheel ya know. The flywheel is tightened down to the shaft, but this gear spins, so if it spins, how can the car move because once the engine gets going, this gear will just sit there while the shaft moves, but the gear and fly wheel wont
Old 05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Its supposed to spin freely. It only stops spinning freely when the engine spins at a higher RPM to cause the clutch shose to swing out and engage on the inside of the clutch bell. Then it ceases to spin freely and you truck will move.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
rodneykwalker

alright i will reinstall the engine now and see if the wheels will move, but something is telling me the wont, maybe im wrong we will see. Hey what wouls be the best engine to buy for my Warhead Evo?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: rodneykwalker

alright i will reinstall the engine now and see if the wheels will move, but something is telling me the wont, maybe im wrong we will see. Hey what wouls be the best engine to buy for my Warhead Evo?

As JIM said, STS D30M with STS's tuned pipe.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:54 PM
rodneykwalker

warhead all the way. I think i fixed it, and its not leaking from the engine anymore i dont think. Will verify in the morning when the suns out though. What is the best way to set the servo settings for the throttle. Im trying to put the screw back in the servo, but either it completely closes at throttle, making a tick noise and shutting off because the carberator is completely closed, or its going very fast and out of control because its to open. Can someone teach me how to set the carb so it idles correctly?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
espnman1974

your problem is all in the tuning of the truck. Check your throttle trim. If you throttle trim is turned low this automatically will engage the break when you let off the gas. I have the warhead evo and I am still fine tuning it. My brotherinlaw has the savage x and my warhead is able to everything his truck does but more. Take your time breaking it in and fine tuning it.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
rodneykwalker

just sold on ebay for 260
Old 06-19-2007, 09:42 PM
irockdude

you just sold your warhead your $260?...if it was an Evo that just sucks for you.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
hpi firestorm

I need help deciding between the warhead evo and monster gt. I have read alot of bad stuff bout the warhead but i need some suggestions about the two.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:17 PM
fat1

for the love of God man, you just read thi thread didnt you? Get the freakin Monster GT or Savage or REVO. Duratrax is good for accessories and tools, not vehicles. Although, they do have a killer warranty.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:07 AM
(X)

I say get a savage,

You can't go wrong
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 AM
dmanola2001

SAVAGE SUCKS WARHEAD EVO IS AMAZING I ALSO HAVE A RUSTLER 10 MIN OF HAVING IT I BROKE THE TURNBUCKELS EVERYTHING WILL BREAK SAVAGE IS MADE CHEAP JUST LOOK AT THE DETAILS IN BOTH TRUCKS HELL REDCAT RACING IS JUST AS GOOD AS SAVAGE PLUS U WILL HAVE EXTRA MONEY IN YUR WALLET FOR GLOWPLUGS!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could somebody give me some advice?? I'm looking for a new real car.., and can't decide between an '84 K-car which leaks oil, smokes, rattles, and looks cheap, but the warrantee is good...., and a new Porsche 911 Turbo. They're both the same price, but man I just can't decide..
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 AM
s7jstep1

lmao.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Surpluzz

There is nothing wrong with the Warhead Evo. Its not as popular as the Savage. They are very close in every aspect. You would have a more enjoyable experience with the Savage due to popularity, part availability, and customer support. www.hpiracing.com

NOTHING wrong with the Warhead either. Look at my profile, I own both. ------Good trucks, both of 'em.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:51 AM
dmanola2001

I agree the savage looks cheap and warhead warranty is better 3 year plus 1 year stress test warranty!~