Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

2 ?s- 1 swash leveling

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

2 ?s- 1 swash leveling

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
bry14661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ?s- 1 swash leveling

first- i go through and level up everything in the head and its all good and perfect, no ccpm interactions and all that. But then i go out into the field and the heli drifts very hard to the front right with the tail in. so i trim it out and its all the way to the end of the trim so i take the horn off, lower it and readjust. then the swash is way off level. am i doing something wrong or is the leveling process a waste or what?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 PM
rlsloan

Default RE: 2 ?s- 1 swash leveling 2 helifreak

Go through Finless Bob's videos "CCPM1" and "CCPM2". Don't skip any details! You will find that you did something wrong. Here is the link to Finless Bob's Helifreak Column. You shouldn't have a problem registering here. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
bry14661

is it possible that if i dont get my battery placed perfectly in the middle then it will change the center of gravity enough to push the heli around?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
trex450s-cf

I am also wondering if anybody recommends a swash levelling tool. Are they really any benefit? This is my 2nd heli (T-Rex 450s) and 2nd time setting up eCCPM bird. Would i really benefit from using a swash levelling tool? If so, which type.

I feel the best may be the type that slides down the main shaft but i have also seen the ones with the magnet which works in a very similar way. The magnet type one is the one i was going to go for as i do not need to remove the top off the head too. The one i wanted was the one that slides down the main shaft but dont see any UK stores selling them. Only the ones with the bubble levels which i didn't think would be as accurate as the frame would have to be kept 100% level too.

So do i go for a swash tool? If so, which one?

The one i really wanted but couldn't find in UK:

http://www.readyheli.com/T_Rex_Swash..._p/leveler.htm

The magnet type that attatched to main shaft:

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...oducts_id=1941

OR................

The bubble level type (not my 1st choice)

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...roducts_id=723

Anybody have experience using these. Did it make any improvement?

Thanks all you guys for help. Love the forums.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:50 PM
bry14661

Default RE: 2 ?s- 1 swash leveling

did all the vids, but heli lifts off and still pulls very hard to the back and left. swash is level and everything is perfect, even weight bias, and i have to move the horn again and now the swash isnt level.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Guys,

I am a relative newcomer to the TREX community, but I would advise that you have a look at the swashplate tool from Fireup over at HeliFreak.com. Send him a PM. He only charges $13 shipped and, in my opinion, is money well spent. It is not a "leveling tool" per se, but is endorsed by Finless Bob of Heli setup video fame.

Basically, this tool allows you to get your 50% swash setting perfect, which makes it so much easier to then go up through the head and get everything stright and level.

Even though I have crashed several times due to pilot error, I can say that the Heli itself is very stable, yet very responsive. When I crash, it takes me a while to get it back to that point, but it works! I just used the tool tonight to confirm that my 50% neutrtal settings are correct after a main shaft replacement.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Tolla

Get the Trueblood swash plate leveller. Works very well.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 PM
bry14661

ok used a local guys swash leveler and im still going through the same problem. its level then i go to fly and its waaay off from even close to a managable hover. i dont get it, then i go to trim it and its past the furthest trim, so i have to move the horn which unlevels my swash.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

a heli isn't going to stay in the same place. you are constantly going to have to put a correction into the heli to keep in where you want it. its just what flying a heli is about. out of curiosity, how is your blade and paddle tracking? Having paddles that are slightly tilted foward or aft can cause the heli to drift in one direction noticeably more.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:03 PM
hennesseylord

how does the swash plate tool work?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
jeff1962

Could be a stripped gear in one of the servos, disconect the motor and operate the swash and see what happens, also with the power off try moving each servo arm up and down by hand, also check you dont have any mixes set in the radio.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:11 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: hennesseylord

how does the swash plate tool work?
Here is info I got from Fireup

Re: Swahplate leveling tool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tool is a C shape block that slide in between the bottom of your swashplate and top of the frame. It sets the swasplate at the right height so you can adjust your servo-to-swashplate ball links to the correct length so you get maximum amount of +/- pitch. It will also level your wash a zero pitch.

It's $13 shipped (US/Canada). You can pay me via PayPal to my account at: [email protected]

Thanks,
He also supplied this:

Yes, it comes with instructions, If you still need help, PM me and I'll step you through it. Finless also made a video in the Diablo build video on how to use this tool.
So, you can download the Diablo setup video from HeliFreak and see how it is used as well.

It sounds as if you have a blade tracking problem. You can eyeball it while it's on the ground, but a truer test is having someone observe the blades at a 5 - 6 ft. hover.