Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

1/18 HPI rs4 HELP

Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
zsar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/18 HPI rs4 HELP

Hi .i was thinking of buying HPI 1/18 micro RS4 ARR. It does not come with a motor and esc. I have a team associated XPS MICRO ESC 29136 and associated SUPER 370 MOTOR.the question is
1. will this work with the HPI 1/18 micro RS4 ARR . if yes, will it be underpowered?
2. will the team associated XPS MICRO ESC 29136 work with HPI Modified Motor 45T Micro RS4.will it match perfectly or not?
3.any other mods recommended for this drifter?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
magnat

Default RE: 1/18 HPI rs4 HELP

Why do you want to go with a Mini ??
Why not go with a 1:10th Scale for Drift which will offer more control and easier to work on..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM
fl0PPsy

Default RE: 1/18 HPI rs4 HELP

I cant comment on your choice of esc and motor there although I can tell you that to use the HPI Mod'd motor with the XPS micro esc you'll need to change the standard plug that comes pre attached to the HPI RS4 Micro motors.

Other mods or hopups I'd recommend are:

- Lock the rear diff (The drift micro RS4 comes with a little spool diff that you can install in the rear)
- Consider converting the chasis to a Penguine RC Carbon Fibre chasis. (serious improves handling and also increases your electronics mounting options.)
- Get yourself a set of the Micro RS4 drift tires which HPI have released. They are basically the same as the Drift-T's for 1/10 cars and have a perfect grip/slide balance.

Glad to see another mini drifter Mini's can be great for indoor and winter time use because you can rig up a little track almost anywhere in your house. I have a little track marked out in the Kitchen/Dining area of my house and its great being able to get some drift time in any time of day (with airconditioning hehe).