Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

vantage CF ext chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
cujoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vantage CF ext chassis

hey guys, i am thinking of making some minor improvements to my revo... what do you think of the vantage CF ext chasis? and are any of you using it?

http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=1993
Old 11-26-2007, 08:53 AM
HILLFINGER

Default RE: vantage CF ext chassis

Not worth $160 stock chassis is just as good.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
TM323

I seriously like the look and the weight reduction of the carbon fiber compare to the aluminum. I finnaly saved enough to get one for X-mas but now I don't know. I already have the qoncepts chassis brace and now vantage has a new aluminum chassis brace.

I maybe con fused but why would I now replace my aliminum chassis with a carbon fiber chassis that needs aluminum brace would I still be saving weight?????
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 AM
cujoman

EXACTLY.. i don't think you'll be saving anyweight... that's what i was wondering myself... maybe i'll just stick to the one i have... i think i just wanted it for the looks!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 PM
KRO

I own it and mine has held up to some really bad crashes (trying to clear this long tripple jump[>:] ) MUCH lighter than the stocker too .

Its all up to the owner , its great place to shave some weight , and it looks KILLER ! Vantage makes the best CF parts in the industry IMO .

Their parts are not like the CF you get in the sheets , its got a really hard resin coating thats pretty tough and doesnt scratch easily .
Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 AM
enigmamdw

The brace adss 2 oz. to the carbon chassis. (read hardly anything at all)

I love mine, (don't have the brace, because it came out after I ordered my chassis.)

It's not to fix any defect in the original chassis just for added crash insurance in the underside area. You'll notice it doesn't attach to any of the weak areas.

I've had no problems with mine so far and I have nasty offchamber hits /crashes all the time.

I like carbon fiber too much also so the money had to be spent.

there are other chassis in carbon besdies the vantage one as well. Can't remember what they are off thetop of my head but run through [link=http://www.rccna.com]rccna.com[/link] and you'll find em. I think there are two ther ones. One of 'em is DEF an improvement over the vantage frame.