Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

avalanche seals

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
biggbronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avalanche seals

hey guys, will these seals fit my avalanche? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPEC8&P=7 i'm having trouble finding some new ones that fit. i can't seem to get the header to fit over the seal on the engine. i end up tearing them up. when i do get the header on, it's pulled so much of the seal down that it isn't sealed anymore. anybody have any tips on getting these things to fit? i found a pair of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXNUL8 from the LHS no go, they're still too thick. any help?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: avalanche seals

I will see what I have in the store tomorrow and get back to you.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:38 AM
biggbronco

i've even considered grinding the opening of the header open a little more. sureley there's a better way. i can't believe how hard this is. my hands are all scratched up and hurt because there isn't a good way to hold the engine (even when out of the truck) to get good leverage to push the header on. what does everyone else do for the hurricanes and monsoons when they change the header out?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Chubbysdad

is the bottom of the header hitting the pullstart? That happens to some of them not allowing them to go tight. Otherwise they just slide right on. piece of cake.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Chubbysdad

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXNUL8 These are the same ones that I use. Perfect fit.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
biggbronco

okay here is the deal. i decided to try my stock header and exhaust with the new seals, those OFNA 10068 ones. fits like a glove. i bought the tuned pipe redcat sells on their site for the avalanche. it looks nothing like the one in the picture. it looks like the stock pipe just with the spring joint instead of the rubber coupler. that is the one i cannot get to fit on the truck. i guess i'm back to square one using my stock pipe. i guess i'm in the market for a better AFFORDABLE pipe.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Chubbysdad

ohh so your looking for the one that goes between the header and the muffler? I actually use that one for that also lol
Old 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM
biggbronco

oh no no, i got the muffler/header seal to fit right. i was saying that that particular muffler and header setup was what i couldn't get on the truck.