Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx 3.3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
chriz238

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx 3.3 problems

Ive had my tmaxx for a little over a year now and the last couple months ive run it it has had problems. I dont run it often maybe like three or four times a month. First It would never idle right then it would be constantly overheating. I have checked the needle settings a hundred times, and put them back to factory settings and everything. While runing it on a striaght away as soon as you would slow down it would make sort of like a poping noice, I think theis is called dentonation. I have a pull start on it and it is very hard to pull. Is this to high of compresion? Can someone lend me some advice?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: T-Maxx 3.3 problems

if you are getting detonation it sounds like a lean condition...richen it up a bit.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
iamnot

maybe an air leak causing you to be lean
what are your tuning skills like?
Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
chriz238

I ve tried to tune it myself a bunch of times and then took it to my lhs and he tried to do it. He got the idle right but it was still overheating.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Sounds like the motor is a still a little tight. I may get flamed for giving you this advice-but I had the same prob. with an LST I bought used. The previous owner hardly used it. Take the motor completely apart so you can clean it thoroughly. Inspect the sleeve for scratches and abnormal wear at the top, the pinch area. Look for rust on the crank and clean the block. Take the needles out of the carb and clean the needles and seats. Reassemble the mill using light machine oil or ARO on the crank, bearings and piston rod. Seal the backplate and carb with copper RTV. Set the needles back to factory settings and do the break-in procedure one more time. Chances are your 3.3 will behave normally after this. Following this method will more than likely take care of any airleaks you may have had before, which is probably the culprit anyway.