Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:42 PM
laserlizard
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

[quote]ORIGINAL: metaldog

ORIGINAL: Kmot
I thought about buying one more for parts if needed. I got mine from Walmart and used a friend's discount card so it was around $77 after the discount.
Here are some pics of the Board Sharks Surfer:
I just picked this Board Sharks Surfer up on red tag clearance at Walmart for 21.75! I feel really good about that now that I see it was going for 77 dollars! My 9 year old will love it! Gonna take alot of wrapping paper to wrap it! haha I will get some videos of it running on our pond after the new year, and post them here. I am looking forward to seeing the stock performance.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Gregor32
My Feedback: (1)

my wife just bought 2 board sharks from Target on sale for $29.71au each! this will replace the first one that we bought that only lasted one use, the motor still goes but the steering has failed, so we have 1 for spare parts or maybe a full rc upgrade.
cheers Greg
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Scupper

Just picked up a Blue Board Sharks on EBay for 99 cents!! No other bidders, no minimum bid! I ran him out in the lake and quickly found that the "servo" is prone to gear misalignment. Overall, impressed with the included cooling coils and attention to sealing. The moving body is nifty, but is is just one more thing to break.....I think I will fix him in place, after lowering his CG. That servo box contraption is rickety at best, I will replace with a real servo ASAP, maybe tomorrow. Pics of the mod will follow.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:39 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: Scupper

Just picked up a Blue Board Sharks on EBay for 99 cents!! No other bidders, no minimum bid! I ran him out in the lake and quickly found that the "servo" is prone to gear misalignment. Overall, impressed with the included cooling coils and attention to sealing. The moving body is nifty, but is is just one more thing to break.....I think I will fix him in place, after lowering his CG. That servo box contraption is rickety at best, I will replace with a real servo ASAP, maybe tomorrow. Pics of the mod will follow.
I just picked up one of these narly surfers during the Boxing Day sales, I have seen a mates run and thought it was pretty good for the money I paid but am very interested in upgrading the electronics sometime in the future so will look forward to hearing about your mods...cheers...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
kiwia

i also received a board shark for christmas. However, only getting about 10mins running time on supplied battery? Is this normal? Is it worth getting a Ni-MH battery?
Any advice appreciated
Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 AM
azzman

Yea Im getting about that with my battery...maybe with a few more charges it may improve...I have 2 x 3000mah nimh packs from my rc car that I use instead...gets about 25 mins...so yea I say get nimh...
Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Diegoboy

I just picked up a NIB Kyosho surfer for $100. I'm still debating what to do with it.
[link=http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2055.jpg][/link]

[link=http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2056.jpg][/link]
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
webdr

If you want to sell it, PM me w/ a price.
Matt
Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Diegoboy

Here's one that is definitely for sale.
[link=http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=2278]Kyosho Lisa[/link]
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 AM
BigWaveMax

Hey guys, new to the site. Glad to see some interest in the rc surfer. Check out my vids. Heres the link or look up big wave max on yahoo video. Let me know what you think.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...x&fr=yfp-t-501
Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

I just picked up on last night at Wally World..I'm a amature surfboard shaper and when I saw this thing on Youtube, I knew I had to get one! Anybody have any pics of their mods?[8D]

Joey.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
BigWaveMax

No pics yet but you have have to gut it completely and start from scratch. Before you do anything seal the board where the two halves meet, with super glue. Change out the black rubber sealer for some dense foam rubber window sealer and that should keep it water proof if you are going out in sizeable surf.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
tomazte

Hello everyone!
I got a second-hand Lisa, made in china by New Quida, and used it in my pool twice. I´ve noticed that was leaking, so I bought some neoprene tape to make a better sealing, and filled many places with silicone. But the problem is that it´s still leaking, and I´m pretty sure that the water is entering by the steering shaft bearing. The shaft has an o´ring at the botom, but it´s not sealing properly...
Do you have any idea to help me with it?
Thanks!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Diegoboy

try this...
[link=http://www.rcsurfrider.com/2002/08/qa.htm]Leaks[/link]
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Gallopaway

i want to put a different servo motor into my "board shark" rc surfer.
do i need to replace the receiver aswell or can i just cut the wires from the old servo and connect them to the new servo.
im new at all this.

thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Paolo.75

The New Quida type will get rusty soon...Kyosho only is good without no mods.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
tomazte

What are the stock motor´s specs?

Silicone sealing:

Antena botom (silicone):

Antena top (termo-retractil tube):

Sealing inside (silicone):

Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
BigWaveMax

Your better off getting a new reciever.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:24 AM
tomazte

A couple questions:

1-What are the stock motor´s specifications?

2-I need to buy a new propeller, but I don´t know the sizes, etc... What measures from the propeller I should give, so I can buy a similar to the original one?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Brikernic

At first i was thinkin....who would buy this thing? After watchin the videos i'm thinkin....I gotta get one. Now if i could just figure a way to outfit the dude with a lasso or hook to retrieve my nitro boat! LOL

Don't wait for your ship to come in.....Swim out to it!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Hammerhead808

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement surfer dude figure?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 PM
gnarbrah

I got one of the Board Sharks for my birthday and immediately gutted it and put in a decent radio. I left the stock motor for the time being, I've run it a couple times in the lake and its no speed ball but I think it'll catch waves. I need to spend a little more time water proofing it, just trying to figure out the best way to approach that before I let him hit the surf.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:55 PM
gnarbrah

Here he is with the new radio gear. I just got 2 3800 nimh batteries as well to boost his run time. Has anyone done any additional water proofing to theirs yet? I want to keep him in good shape. Any thoughts on what might be a decent motor upgrade without spending a ton? I really don't know alot about RC in general?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39004.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	864793  
Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Gallopaway

can you please give me the specs of what servo and receiver you put in there, also how did you fit them in there? with glue or screws?
was it hard to modify as i have never done this before?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
BigWaveMax

Ok, First off, if u wanna catch waves and make it out past the break water, you need a new motor (19 or 20 turn) Ifyou don't have a different prop shave a little bit off the stock prop as the pitch will overheat your esc and shut down every 30 sec, Second, bag your receiver with a balloon or two, 3rd, u need to cool your esc, I suggest cuting out a couple oblades on your heat sink and glue a copper tube on. Then run your intake water tubing to the esc first then out the other end to the motor and from the motor to the exit.
On the board peel the pinstripe tape off where the two pieces of the hull are glued together a use super glue gel and a brush and go around the whole hull where you took the tape off. get the nose and tail twice. That will help for starters. Good Luck. I have had my surfer out in 6 to 8 foot shorebreak out in front of my house getting in and out barrels and smahing on to the beach and barely takes on any water.

[Reason for editing, advertising in the forums.]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.