Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Taps for my 2.5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 AM
saltonseadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taps for my 2.5?

Taps as in sundown, goodbye!

Couldn't get the wife's 2.5 SMAXX engine to run right the last couple times out, so set out today to tune it. It started OK, but when it got up to about 220 degrees, it died. It would stert after cooling down, but kept dieing. It then would start and bog down upon throttle up.
So I took it out of the truck, and it seems to have very low compression. My OS .18TM is at least three times as tight. I had pretty good use from it. It never tried to run hot, and never burned plugs. I run exclusivly in the desert, which is sure to cause early termination, because of massive sand intake.

Anyway, trying to remove the cooling head I stripped one of the bolt heads. Is there a fairly painless way to get it out? I doubt I will rebuild it anyway, so I don't want to spend all day removing a bolt, but I would like to see the sleeve and piston.

Now, what to replace it with?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
carbajal

Default RE: Taps for my 2.5?

I would use a dremel with a small diamond head.(you can get that at home depot)shave it off.then get an easy out.it should work.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
saltonseadog

Thanks! I have a dremel. I will get a bit!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Use a cut-off wheel on the dremel and just cut the bolt head off from the side, between the cooling fins. Sounds like that motor is worn out, though.