Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

4wd Electric On-Road - Need Input, Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
scud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd Electric On-Road - Need Input, Need Advice!

Guys- I need a little advice: I currently do not participate in electric much - I compete 1/8th scale gas on road. I am getting back into electric but just for fun- and I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to upgrade:

I have a TC3 + rallye conversion kit and it's a blast. Its also quite old technolgoy at this point, BUT still fun... I'm trying to decide if its worth the upgrade to either TC5, XXX-s or similar kit... I love the new Serpent S400 - however at 400-500 bucks its NO bargain, PLUS, I'm not racing competitively anyway- so I certainly don't want to spend a ton for no reason..

Im basically torn, because i LOVE to build- which is why i'm comtemplating building a new kit.. on the other hand, I have a nice TC3 with all the trimmings.. would you stay TC3, or would you build a new kit? If you'd build a new one, WHICH one, for street (NOT track) fun????
Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: 4wd Electric On-Road - Need Input, Need Advice!

Ever tried a Tamiya kit?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
The Hedgehog

If you love building (as I do) you will enjoy Tamiya kits greatly. If you want a different experienc elook into the F103GT courage (avaliable on tower). It is only 2 wheel drive but really fun to build and drive.

They also offer a slew of 4WD cars.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 AM
DCX

I've built all kinds of RC kits, and am partial to Tamiya. Their kits are top notch, and only the directions are the biggest challenge being very short in the english discription like..."build two" or "assemble front suspension". The drawings are extreamly accurate, and the parts are of increadable quality. Good for you loving to build. My next project will be throwing together some carbon-graphite drive shafts for some "Exceed RC" cars. I currently am having fun modifiying 2 of them. (RTR mind you). Arrow shafts, blanks, are cheap & are of the composite nature. Nasty to deal with and all, but fun to build with being so strong & light weight. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 PM
RC Huligan

There's always an appeal with new cars that's hard to turn down. For me, I really enjoy assembling XRAY's kits. The quality in their parts and materials is top notch and their instructions actually make assembly fun. You may want to look into the [link=http://rcglowplugs.blogspot.com/2008/01/t2007-wins-car-of-year-buy-t2008-now.html]XRAY T2'008[/link] for your electric fix.

I know you said you are into 1/8th scale on-road nitro, but do you have any experience with the XRAY NT1?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
cheech4

If you can find one, the Xray T2R is by far the best bang for the buck touring car ever for less than 200.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 AM
RC Huligan

ORIGINAL: cheech4
If you can find one, the Xray T2R is by far the best bang for the buck touring car ever for less than 200.
[link=http://rcglowplugs.blogspot.com/2007/12/we-can-now-offer-rc-america-products.html]We are an XRAY dealer[/link] and the latest price list from [link=http://www.rcamerica.com]RC America[/link] (US XRAY distributor) doesn't even list it. We can't order it. You'll have to buy it from someone who has it in stock. I don't know how long XRAY will produce parts for it, although many are shared across kits.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
FLDrift

I have built for 20 years, and if you have experience, try a Yokomo... It is a little tough to get parts for, but everyone you meet alsways ask what it is... Kinda fun to have something different that is, if your a decent driver, faster than any kit you can race, or bash... They are crazy tough, and design is as good as it gets. I have a new M4-tc special that has made my life better:-) At least give them a look at Yokomo's website!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
TheTruckingGuru

The new Team Losi Speed T.