Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Vulcan SE & VTX-MB1

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
danerdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vulcan SE & VTX-MB1

I was into rc cars a few years ago and recently got back into the hobby.

I bought a Losi Mini LST about a month ago, but I really missed having a nitro, so I purchased a Vulcan SE. I was (maybe am) worried that I would (will) not be able to get parts for it from my LHS. I have been doing research on all the alternative 1/16 nitro buggies out there, and I noticed that the VTX-MB1 (Team VTX) has parts that look extremely similar to the Vulcan SE. Do the Vulcan SE and the VTX-MB1 have any compatible parts (or parts in common)? If they do, it's very good news because my LHS stocks Team VTX cars and parts.

Thanks,
-danerdo
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Dokioto

Default RE: Vulcan SE & VTX-MB1

I would think that some will fit.. Should have got the VTX in the first place though, it's a great car.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
danerdo

I would prefer to have the VTX-MB1, but I got a good deal on the Vulcan SE.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:45 PM
danerdo

Do any of the IRC racing support people know if the IRC Racing Vulcan SE has any compatible parts with the Team Vertex VTX-MB1?

I was at my LHS today and they said the Vulcan SE looked more like the Trinity Next setup. Do any of the IRC support people know if any of the parts on the Next are compatible with the Vulcan SE?

Thanks,
danerdo
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
RC-BOSS

Some of the parts on the Vertex car may fit the Vulcan SE but not guaranteed. The two vehicles are not exactly the same. We highly recommend you get the authentic IRC Racing parts in order to keep the integrity of the vehicle. You may cause damage to other parts if you get a part that is not a direct replacement. If your LHS does not have the IRC racing parts, you can always get them from the IRC Racing consumer website at www.internet-rc.com Thanks.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
danerdo

And the Trinity Next?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
RC-BOSS

Don't know about the NEXT but the same thing is recommended as in the previous reply.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: danerdo

And the Trinity Next?
The NEXT and Vertex 1/16 cars are the same design (one has more quality than the other).
I would go down to your LHS and see if anything fits.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
dbradford32

Believe it or not, the VTX, and vulcan share basically the same chassis. Take a look at pictures. Side by side they are identical! Now, you can also fit any part from the trinity next line, or even the kyosho mini inferno. Ibelieve, and have been told, that all 1/16th vehicles share a platform, and they very little in size, and design. Though, every company has their own take on the actual part designs, such as the lower suspension structural designs. Though, upon more inspection, the mounting points fit right up snug as a bug in a rug, in most cases! Ihave not tried this, have just heard it from some people in the industry, who know their stuff! Don't shoot the messanger! lol Ihave a vtx on the way, and i also own a sportwerks chaos, and I know the inferno parts mount to the chaos perfectly, though kyosho says the inferno is an 1/18th scale vehicle... BYWHO'S STANDARDS?! lol