Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Blade 400

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:59 PM
nk21306

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400

am looking at buying the blade 400 by e-flite any input anyone has on the heli would be appreciated. Is it worth the money and what is the quality of the heli? Any input would help.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: Blade 400

The quality is good and it flys well. will do all the 3D stuff I can think of and looks goood tooo. Looks to be very easy to work on. Low parts count. The 6xi is a very nice radio. I flew it and I liked it very well. For the money you can't go wrong.

Now everybody and their brother are going to try to have you buy what they have!!

Jim
Old 01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: dooleyje

The quality is good and it flys well. will do all the 3D stuff I can think of and looks goood tooo. Looks to be very easy to work on. Low parts count. The 6xi is a very nice radio. I flew it and I liked it very well. For the money you can't go wrong.

Now everybody and their brother are going to try to have you buy what they have!!

Jim
Actually, I don't see why everyone shouldn't put in their input. He asked for opinions and not everyone has the same as yours, unless you consider yourself right all the time that is.

All I'll say at this point is that while it is a nice helicopter and the price isn't bad, there are a lot of options out there from cheaper and almost as good to better and more expensive.

If he's new he may not know all the options he has and is going with what he sees in the hobby store.

I've stated my opinion on this helicopter and others so I think the OP should go to the eflite forum and read the 10 posts like this one.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
dooleyje

Yes I saw the threads and all I saw mostly was 400 bashing by OTHER type of heli owners!!

Beginners should get a straight answer and not advertisments and bashing.

Druss, Sorry to offend you but my statement is true. Sad but true.

The man was asking what folks thought of the 400 , Not Trex, E325, HDX450 ,MX450, Rapters, EVO, Gassers, Excell, Walkera, Exceed, JR's, Copter X, Knights, Blackhawks and I answered him. In reading your post he still did not get an answer from you. If you have experience with the 400 please enlighten us.

Jim
Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
FlyingHigh 400
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Druss

Jim
Actually, I don't see why everyone shouldn't put in their input. He asked for opinions and not everyone has the same as yours, unless you consider yourself right all the time that is.

All I'll say at this point is that while it is a nice helicopter and the price isn't bad, there are a lot of options out there from cheaper and almost as good to better and more expensive.

If he's new he may not know all the options he has and is going with what he sees in the hobby store.

I've stated my opinion on this helicopter and others so I think the OP should go to the eflite forum and read the 10 posts like this one.
way to bash jim,all he did was give his input on the topic and you should do the same.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: nk21306

am looking at buying the blade 400 by e-flite any input anyone has on the heli would be appreciated. Is it worth the money and what is the quality of the heli? Any input would help.
for the money you cant go wrong.i have a e-sky honey bee 3D and im buying the blades 400 in the next week or so.my buddy has the t-rex 450 and he just got the blades 400 and they both fly awsome and handle the same so for the money its a sweet heli.when you buy the heli,your pretty much buying the radio,lipo and charger and the heli is allmost free.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Druss

Yes I saw the threads and all I saw mostly was 400 bashing by OTHER type of heli owners!!

Beginners should get a straight answer and not advertisments and bashing.

Druss, Sorry to offend you but my statement is true. Sad but true.

The man was asking what folks thought of the 400 , Not Trex, E325, HDX450 ,MX450, Rapters, EVO, Gassers, Excell, Walkera, Exceed, JR's, Copter X, Knights, Blackhawks and I answered him. In reading your post he still did not get an answer from you. If you have experience with the 400 please enlighten us.

Jim
I think maybe you should stop taking things so personally. IF and i say IF, anyone has a negative opinion of the helicopter, it has nothing to do with the owners.

Plus, I did give my opinion.

and I do believe that his original request was...

Is it worth the money and what is the quality of the heli? Any input would help.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
james199

Druss is right there are a LOT of Helicopter company's out there and for the money blade 400 is right on target as for a first heli ? i would say no its not something i would recommend but as a intermediate to advance ... heck yea only because almost every hobby shop has parts and they are cheep compared to some others out there if you are just starting out then get a coaxel of some type and a flight sim i wont tell you what to get as that would start a argument but I use my blade cx on bad days and i use my flight sim every day some times i use it a hour sometimes more and YES ! it does help as a matter a fact i don't think i could have gotten this far with out it just remember i the real world there isn't a rest button [:@] but other than that i LOVE IT

oh well i might as well tell you.. my flight sim is real flight 3.5

and yea i know there are other flight sim's and its up to you and what your LHS carries..
Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
besthobbie

Hey guy i just purchased a blade 400. It is a great buy and for the money you are getting alot. I have just started flying last month 07 and i started with an eflight blade cx2 and learned alot, still have to fly in the house. If you are just starting off i would say that is the way{coaxial} . It comes with a nice radio easy to learn and has training gear to start and you can go for hours learning. I have an axe cp-l which was my first cp collective pitch and it had a few glitches had to send back to manufacture. The blade 400 is a very strong flier and i have had to accidents and had to rebuild it. Very sensitive heli and you have to practice alot of hops. I stay in my local hobby store on their simulator for traing because you do have a rest button... Good luck picking.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
FlyingHigh 400

can you guys read??????the topic is about the blades 400 and the guy ask for input on that heli NOT other helis so stop crying like 4 year olds and STAY ON TOPIC.some of us dont want to read all this b.s that has nothing to do with the BLADES 400.im also getting the blades 400 in a week or so and would like to know what people think about it also.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:23 PM
shredder777

i am looking into buying 1 myself. These posts seemed to help. (the positive ones) :P I been going back and forth myself (500-400-450). My bud just got one and he has owened the trex450 and has 600 and raptors. He really likes it and you cant go wrong with the price.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: TURDBUCKET

can you guys read??????the topic is about the blades 400 and the guy ask for input on that heli NOT other helis so stop crying like 4 year olds and STAY ON TOPIC.some of us dont want to read all this b.s that has nothing to do with the BLADES 400.im also getting the blades 400 in a week or so and would like to know what people think about it also.
wow, i think you should either calm down or stop visiting public forums. btw, it's blade not blades... no "s". also, you should probably stop with the insults, it really reflects worse on you than on those that you're insulting.

personally, i'd rather read other ppls honest opinions, even if they're off topic, than to a rant like yours.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:32 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: TURDBUCKET

wow, i think you should either calm down or stop visiting public forums. btw, it's blade not blades... no "s". also, you should probably stop with the insults, it really reflects worse on you than on those that you're insulting.

personally, i'd rather read other ppls honest opinions, even if they're off topic, than to a rant like yours.

who cares about what you say.i would ilke to get more input on the heli also.how am i insulting people?i would like to read about the heli not some crying azz kids talking about things that has nothing to do with the TOPIC.people like you are the reason good topics like this get locked up.he ask about input on the BLADES 400 not other helis.make you own thread and STOP CRYING IN OTHER PEOPLES TOPICS.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Druss

lol, that's just great... why don't you ask BH what locks threads, ppl that are trying to give their opinion even if it is off topic, or someone who says things like.

so stop crying like 4 year olds
crying azz kids
STOP CRYING IN OTHER PEOPLES TOPICS.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
FlyingHigh 400

lol, that's just great... why don't you ask BH what locks threads, ppl that are trying to give their opinion even if it is off topic, or someone who says things like.

so stop crying like 4 year olds
crying azz kids
STOP CRYING IN OTHER PEOPLES TOPICS.
keep killing the thread.can someone pm me tell me if theres a way to block someone?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 AM
dooleyje

Well Well Well.

Any way about the 400! To those who are trying to choose. The real thing to most people is if they can afford the products. If you are like me, I have to watch my pocket book and save to get the things I want. I have been in this hobby for more than 40 years and in Helicopters for 13 years. In all those years there are good products and some not so good. I want the most bang for the money. I am not one to fall for all the bling and hype. When I look at a product I look for quality for the money. The 400 complete with a top notch radio and a great company (locally) that backs it up is a perfect example. Horizon has always treated me well. Not like the horro stories you read in this forum of the off shore and Ebay offerings. Parts availibility is also prime on my radar. Eflite is in most hobby shops. The 400 has all those things going for it and then some. Good looks, affordable, flys great, easy to work on, top notch electronics, a great support company and all for about 450 bucks, wow! I was impressed with the product. No I do not own one as I have a barn load of copters but I had the opportunity to fly and look over the 400 first hand and honestly wished it came out a little earlier. And no I am not a factory rep.

Druss I still love ya man!

Come down the NC and fly with me.

Jim
Old 01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
FlyingHigh 400

Well Well Well.

Any way about the 400! To those who are trying to choose. The real thing to most people is if they can afford the products. If you are like me, I have to watch my pocket book and save to get the things I want. I have been in this hobby for more than 40 years and in Helicopters for 13 years. In all those years there are good products and some not so good. I want the most bang for the money. I am not one to fall for all the bling and hype. When I look at a product I look for quality for the money. The 400 complete with a top notch radio and a great company (locally) that backs it up is a perfect example. Horizon has always treated me well. Not like the horro stories you read in this forum of the off shore and Ebay offerings. Parts availibility is also prime on my radar. Eflite is in most hobby shops. The 400 has all those things going for it and then some. Good looks, affordable, flys great, easy to work on, top notch electronics, a great support company and all for about 450 bucks, wow! I was impressed with the product. No I do not own one as I have a barn load of copters but I had the opportunity to fly and look over the 400 first hand and honestly wished it came out a little earlier. And no I am not a factory rep.

Druss I still love ya man!

Come down the NC and fly with me.

Jim
im getting one in a few weeks.how good is the gyro?im just getting into the helis and moving up from a e-sky honey bee 3D to the 400.do they hover good with the stock gyro?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
RaceCraftRC

WOW I got to fly a 400 today its very good very very good , Its may be dare I say it the deal of the year it is not an all out 3d machine but it is great at what it does and noob stable. It autos like all small electrics ( like crap its just too lite to build up enough speed fast enough to get in a flip unless you are way up there lol) the TX is very sweet the spektrum 6i it's very nice and go a long way for ya I could not build any heli kit and have it come out with this high of quality at this price hope mine gets here soon. AX
Old 01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: AvoidingExpert

WOW I got to fly a 400 today its very good very very good , Its may be dare I say it the deal of the year it is not an all out 3d machine but it is great at what it does and noob stable. It autos like all small electrics ( like crap its just too lite to build up enough speed fast enough to get in a flip unless you are way up there lol) the TX is very sweet the spektrum 6i it's very nice and go a long way for ya I could not build any heli kit and have it come out with this high of quality at this price hope mine gets here soon. AX
so its a good heli for a noobie like me thats going from a e-sky honey bee cp2 3D to the blades 400?im doing verry well with the honey bee but im so sick of the tail motor.i did some priceing and the radio is $200.00 and the battery/charger is around $100.00 and on top of that look at how much the prices are for all the electronics that are on the heli.im not sure how much they are in everyones hobby shops but there $389.00 at mine so im pretty much buying all the electronics and i get a free heli.after looking at some videos on youtube,watching my buddy hover his in 10 to 15 mph wind gusts and seeing how much all the electronics were,i went to my hobby shop today and put $100.00 down on it so i really hope i like it.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM
RaceCraftRC

you are going to love it it is very good at what it does
Old 01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
frenchstan

I got the Blade 400 after starting out on my two Blade CX's, one CX, and a simulator. Radio seems very good, airframe repairs seem to be easy so far, and parts prices are OK. Note that my Blade 400 would NOT hover correctly out of the box, (unlike the CX's and CP) but I was lucky enough to have a good heli pilot nearby at our club's indoor golf dome, and he adjusted it. After that, I was OK to continue re-learning/hopping/hovering. I'm happy with the 400 so far, but as you can tell, I can't compare it to other brands.

Some things I noticed: Be sure to measure when you attach the battery velcro; make sure the battery location you set-up allows, say, a 1/4" clearance from the rotating motor cage. Second, if your experience is limited, like mine, you WILL need more radio/airframe setup information than the included manuals provide. They are OK, but they just assume more experience than you get with a coaxial CX and a CP. (Get some heli magazines and/or a good heli generic manual?) Third, round off the sharp tip on the lower vertical stabilzer blade or it will "catch" when you are hopping/hovering backwards. Fourth, get yourself a good caliper for measuring parts diameters and lengths of paddle arms, etc. Fifth, buy a set of "training wheels" or use the ones from other basic heli's. You probably won't need them for long, but they'll save you $ on blades. Sixth, try to get a set of small JST (JIT?) type screwdrivers, they seem to work a little better than Phillips cross-head screwdrivers. Last, if you can afford it, immediately get a set of spare parts; one or two spare batteries (the 2100 mAHr works OK), a set or two of spare servo GEARS, spare servo, a "hardware" set, feather shaft, main shaft, two main rotor sets, tail rotor set, flybar paddle shaft, tail boom, tail boom supports, and a spare belt. So far, my only major repairs came when I got blind-sided by a "planker". Good luck.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
dooleyje

Frenchstan great post.

Turdbucket the gyro works very well.

Frenchstan hit it on the money. Not all helis will fly out of the box without a little adjustment. Hence is the great part of flying helicopters is in the learning. Don't just fly it , learn about it and get with your children and teach them. My father and I spent a great time together since thw 50"s and he taught me about a lot things. I taught my son how to fly helicpters and taught him about set up, motors, radio's and gyro's he is teacing his son. If you need someone to teach you then join a local club and join AMA. Have heli pilot help you, he will be glad to do so.

Jim
Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 PM
dooleyje

AvoidingExpert:
Where is Brevard, NC?

jim
Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Jon Wise

I bought the Blade 400 earlier this week. I thought it was very touchy on the sticks. I was able to hover it a bit right out of the box, I will need to do some adjusting to get it the way I like. I think the radio is a piece of crap. It feels so toyish in my hands. I mean really light weight and feels like the radio is from a rc toy from walmart or something. That's just my thoughts on it. I do think it's a heck of a deal though. later Jon
Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 AM
RaceCraftRC

about 20 miles west of asheville, You near charlotte??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.