Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

I got probs...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Jammin Jake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got probs...

Well... i bought a used Blade cp+ off ebay and well things arent to good. Witch im not to surprised. First off i read most of the manual on some of the basics... when i figured out how this dern thing works and how to operate i went for my first test flight. Not to good....i didnt crash but... the thing vibrates realll bad... the training gear ping pong balls are slappin the ground like crazy at about 15% throttle. I whooped out the manual and read some more....it sed to check the tracking so i did that... and well its off a lil... also when i look straight down on the heli from a bird eye view the very top of the shaft inst perfect... its makin circles like the size of half a penny. It isnt perfectly straight. Now is the main shaft not strait cuz the vibration is makin it outta wack and the vibration is from the tracking. Also i made sure my blade grips arent to tight... but iono what to tight and too loose is...it sed moderate pressure to the blades and they should move..but not too loose to where they are floppin around. So i tested their tightness they feel purty good for moderate pressure. Im hopin some one could give me a lil help here....this is my first heli cept my little saber strike(loads of fun when it isnt broke) my local hooby shop dosent kno crap bout heli's jus planes... they jus sell stuff..lol and an occasional fix. But any help would be appreciated
Also i could provide a video of the heli vibratin, but no sound.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
jaketrouble

Default RE: I got probs...

sounds like your main shaft is bent.. possibly your spindle shaft too. the spindle shaft is the one that the main blades hold on to.. bad vibrations are mostly caused by bent shafts... jake..

here are a couple places to buy them... both these guys are very cool people and very fast shippers..

[link=http://ka-planes.com/blade_cp_parts?start=0]http://ka-planes.com/blade_cp_parts?start=0[/link]

[link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=31_38]http://www.ushobbysupply.com/index.php?cPath=31_38[/link]

p.s. i would never buy a used heli off of ebay... the money you save ends up costing you more in the long run... not to mention the grief and frusatration... either one of the links above i have bought several helis and a bunch of parts from.. usually get them in 2-3 days.. never had ANY problems at all. jake
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Jammin Jake

I was really hopin it wouldnt come down to that but it looks like im wrong. Maybe thats why the heli was only 120 bucks...i thought it was a steal... but im a noob to this heli crap and ive learned my first lesson. [:@]..... When it comes to 1/8 buggies now.... i kno what im doin... but heli's... thx fur the help jake.....[8D]
Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
jaketrouble

well at least the replacement parts[shafts] sre cheap and easy to change.. i'm pretty sure if you were to replace both you would be ok.. the spindle shafts come in a 4 or 5 pack for like 5 bucks and the main shaft is cheap too.. i would order at least 2 main shafts just to have one on hand.. also check out radds school.. if you follow this guys lessons to the letter with out cheating you will learn so much quicker and save a ton of money on parts.

i know it sucks to haveto go through 10 batteries before he lets you take off but it is worth it.. like everyone,, we just want to fly.. i did the same thing.. but after a bunch of crashes i went to radds school and learned a lot.. not i can at least hover pretty good... good luck buddy,,,,jake

here is a link to radds school.. [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html[/link]

here is another link with some helpful info....[link=http://www.swashplate.co.uk/ehbg/ehbg-17.pdf]http://www.swashplate.co.uk/ehbg/ehbg-17.pdf[/link]

here is my fleet after only 5 months.. it all started with that little foam mucker.. now i cant stop:}:}
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73054.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	860981  
Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Jammin Jake

Lol... same here i got some POS heli from goodies....basically the cheap version of the air hogs one... and after that..im just been amazed by em. Im deffinetly checkin out radds I hope my fix is purtty easy to go thru...but once i get flyin i reckon itll be worth it in the end. But once i noticed sumthin wasnt right w/ the vibration... i knew it was gonna go downhill from there... im sure its been crahsed and the dude didnt say nutin..but hey i dont blame em... w/e... thx fur da help.... i wish i had time and money to buy helis like that... actually i do have some money but not to spend on helis...i got bigger fish to fry.... Helis is just a thing to do at the rc track between heats...lol. Once again ill let you kno how things work out.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 PM
jaketrouble

cool jake,,, you get it.. the fix isnt too hard.. just dont take anything apart until you get the new parts.. i did that once then for got how the thing went back together.. i dont have the money either to buy these things but some how i manage.. food or helis,,,food or heli's.. no wonder i'm loosing so much weight:}

any more questions jsut ask brother... and once you get that first good hover in you are going to love these things... it took me a little over 4 months before i could hover.. some guys it takes longer,,some are much quicker.. you might even want to invest in a simulator,, you can get a vheao one for like 20 bucks or get a more realistic one for around 150-200.. either one is great to learn the stick orientaion.... keep us posted,,,, take care,,,jake.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Jammin Jake

Actually the cool thing about my local hobby shop(bicycle distance away) is the have the real flight sim.. the whole enchilada... the stand, display, expansion packs, so i could just cruz up there after work and play a lil. But i hope to god they have the parts up the shop only cuz i hate waitin. But yea i just took a vid... and i hope my camera isnt too crappy.[:@].... Nvm scratch that... my camera sucks too much. but yea i can deffinetly see the main shaft is bent.. but the spindle i cant tell... so morrow ima goo see if they have a mian shaft at the shop if not ima come home and order one...and while i wait ill be learnin on radds... and playin RFSim... thx alot jake
Old 01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
jaketrouble

chances are they are not going to have what you need.. they usually only sell eflight and some trex parts.. you want to get the right ones dude... if you order from the link i sent you a kaplanes tonight you will have them on monday.. he is in fla too.. i have ordered from him on a sat and had my stuff on monday and i live in va.. jake.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Jammin Jake

Well ive been up there b4 lookin at what they had so i kno the shop carried some kind of parts for the heli i wanted and they did... i kno they have blade and a few other things but i didnt kno what they were at the time. Ima i go up there first to make sure they dont have it that way if they do i dont have to wait at all. If not ill come home and prolly order it from them.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 PM
jaketrouble

cool,,,good luck,,, i'm just saying that most if not all lhs do not sell parts for the eskys.. most lhs only sell eflight helis and some trex.. but i hope they do have what you need.. but if you do order from kaplanes tomorrow early enough you should still have them on monday. that place is very cool and ships out really fast.. anyway,,, let me know how it goes and if you have anymore questions jsut ask... now how about sendingme some of that good 420 you guys have in fla...:}:}{ jajke.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Jammin Jake

One prob... I think something is confusing u.I have a Blade cp + not esky i have eflite so yea thell prolly have the part...lol... thx thou.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know how you feel man, i know TONS about nitro stadium trucks but not too much about hellies, its a completely new ball game. i think the inner shaft is bent on my venom night ranger 3D, but i havent touched it since. your lucky you got a chopper that EVERYONE has parts for, my venom parts are only availible through maybe 2 online shops.

hey jakeT, i finally got the colco lama 5. its kick @$$!!!

very fast very stable. maybe too stable for somone whos looking to learn 6ch....

sim practice it good, mastered hovering a 22E. lets hope when i get on the sticks for real, it will work the same. this sim is made to be harder than real life, they make the thing want to swing 30 miles an hour in all directions, you let go for one second and its 100feet away, literally!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
jaketrouble

jake,,, my bad,,, thought you had a belt cp... thats good then,, they should have what you need... i just ahd a back operation so the pain pills i am on makes me see things that are not there[sm=bananahead.gif] thats cool,,let me know how it goes tomorrow..

shupid,, cool on your new bird.. your starting to get a collection going now.. soon you should be able to fly that venom.. so the lama is cool?/ i was thinking of getting one// something a little bigger then my 5#5 and somethingi can fly around in the house.. where did you get yours? just got some parts for my hbk2 today.. i might take it out tomorrow and give it a go... i can hover my 2 bh's pretty good but this freakin hbk2 is giving me some problems... practice makes perfect and the guy i get my parts from happt too:} take care.. let me know how the lama goes... jake.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jaketrouble
p.s. i would never buy a used heli off of ebay... the money you save ends up costing you more in the long run... not to mention the grief and frusatration...
Jake, weather you use ebay or not is up to you. Not everyone on ebay is trying to screw someone, I would say most aren't. I've bought and sold helis on ebay and never got taken or took advantage of anyone. We are a minority in the r/c community and to have the net and e-bay at our finger tips is probably the biggest asset to this activity. As for a new guy it might be tough but if Jammin Jake got a good deal and he only has to replace a main shaft and spindle which cost nearly nothing then in the long run he'll come out O.K.

I'd say just as many new people get screwed for online stores like Banna hobby as they do from sellers on ebay. The main thing is research who you are doing business with.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
jaketrouble

bad,,

im not saying or did say everyone on ebay or even the rcforums for sale ads are bad]]] i was just saying i would rather buy something new then someone elses used stuff. you are taking a chance. im sure there are plenty of good people selling on ebay.. but even you would have to admit that buying someone elses used stuff you are taking a chance. unless the seller has an excellent feedback i wouldnt buy it.

its easy to say that this heli has never been crashed and is in great shape. they are not going to sell it if they say this heli has a bent main shaft and has been in several crashes. i have bought stuff off of ebay but nothing mechanical or electronic wise because you just dont know what you are getting.

thats my personal opinion and anyone can buy from whom ever they want.. but i have read many stories of people getting the shaft when they bought something from ebay. and i also have read of people who had got a great deal on ebay. freedom of speach brother.. thats all im trying to say.. i would bet money that jamin jake would not have bought it if the seller said it had a bent main shaft and has been crashed.. but i bet the ad didnt say that. sorry if i hurt your feelings... jake.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Jammin Jake

Jake your right.... it sed the heli was in great condition.... also had almost 100% feedback so i couldnt pass up the deal. But its obvious hes crashed it b4... the main shaft bent... a couple of blades are dinged up.... pieces of the skids are glued back together... but all in all its good for 120... but i still wouldnt have bought if he tole the truth. W/e im off to the hobby shop here soon when it opens.. [8D]
Old 01-26-2008, 11:35 AM
jaketrouble

cool,,good luck jake,,, hope he has your parts.. let me know if you have any questions..

p.s. badazzbusa,, see what i mean... you just never know.. jake still got a good deal but not what he was promised.. again,,,sorry if i upset you.. what i said is just my personal opinion.. im sure you any MANY others are upstanding honest guys.. but you do have that small percentage that are not. he advertised the heli as in great condition.. dinged up blades,glued skids and a bent shaft is not great condition in my books.. but anyway... sorry again if you took my coments the wrong way... jake.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Jammin Jake

Thx yea... the shop is open now but 2 fast 2 furious is on.. ima finish it...lol...but that was just a few things wrong with it. The rear tail motor came apart but i fixed it fur now.... the rear tail rutter isnt staying like its suppose to.... but it does have 2 lipos and the controller is ella nice. I think sumthing burnt up on it to cuz the body has a burn spot on it and the zip tie that was holding the batery was burnt a lil so iono...
Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Jammin Jake

Well here's an update..... the hobby shop unfourtanelty had almost every part cept the main shaft and gear. So i orderd one from them(they need the help so i order from them even if it takes a lil longer) and i came home and attempted to take off the main shaft. Once i figured out what all was need to come off or loosend to remove the shaft i began dissembling.... pulled the skids off and battery and the little pin in the top then the set screw from the barrel slide. Then i tried to pull out the shaft...no luck.... i looked at it and looked at it then realize the pin hole was messed up and catching the swash plate bearing thing. Filed it down then after some tugging and pulling it came out. But then the real test came... i stuck the end of the shaft in the end of my dremel and turned it to slow.... and shure enuff its bent.. but only the slightest bit to notice it when you really look at it... but yea i got a new shaft and gear commin and cant wait to get flyin now(learing to hover)....lol Thx fur all the help guys(possibly gals) yalve taught me alot in the pass few days i didnt even think would ever kno bout these dern jalopys. Oh yea when i went up to the hobby shop, a dude came in and was buying a plane(super cub) for his son...and thankfully he used to be a heli flyer himself he had over 10 heli's all gas powerd...but he gave me some great tips to flying and the basics and starting out. Any wayz... thx gin
Old 01-26-2008, 08:56 PM
jaketrouble

no problem brother.. hope you took some pictures of the thing before you took it apart.. i made the mistake one time of taking my head asembly apart before i had the new stuff. then when i did get the new stuff i couldnt quite remember how it went back together[sm=72_72.gif]

but with the help of the guys here i was able to finally get it.. either way we will get you in the air... talk to ya in a few days... send me a pm if you have any other questions or just ask anyone here.. see ya,,jake.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

You didn't upset me Jake, nor hurt my feelings......
I'm just saying, do your homework and there are good deals online.