Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Beryll Flight Reports?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 AM
j payne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beryll Flight Reports?

Glen
A DS8411 is overkill for an aileron servo in a pattern plane if you need the power of a DS8411 to drive a aileron there is something wrong in my electric powered model I am using DS3401's for aileron a DS8411 for rudder and a single DS9411 for elevator I use 1
2S flightpower 800 mah battery through a powerbox digital regulator/switch which supplies 5.5 volts to the receiver the ailerons on my model are larger than the Beryll and the DS3401's have no problems moving them I use about 35 mah out of the receiver battery to do a P09 flight with electric powered models you need to save weight where you can or you will go overweight

John
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 AM
mikedsilva

check out the photo of my nice axles that i got from central hobbies...
our field has been a little wet and dirt and grit got between the wheel and the axle... I think i was lucky that I didnt break an axle on landing and cause more damage to the plane!

just hope the file uploaded ok....

anyone know where i can get some more of these here in Aus?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55712.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	869688  
Old 02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: GlennBurgdorf

Joe,
Thanks for letting me know your setup. It sounds pretty much like what I was looking at. Two questions though:
What weight is your model.
What voltage are you running.

Regards

Glenn
If memory serves me right, I am at no more than 3 or 4 ozs. under 11 lbs. Maybe more. I do not use the wheel pants, but I use larger wheels due to the field I fly at. When I first flew the plane, it was 10 lbs-13ozs with wheel pants. The plane is even lighter without the wheel pants and the wheels I originally was using. The larger wheels I am using now along with the NMP axles make the plane even lighter than the original weight. I am using the Comp C50 13XL, 20.5X14 APC, and Hacker Master Spin 99 Controller, APC Spinner, Jaccio regulator, JR switch harness, Hangar 9 turnbuckles on ailerons and elevator servos with MK hardware, JR 9 ch spektrum Rx with two satelite Rx's, Schulze 4mm connectors. All up wing panels are 15.8 and 15.6 ounces. I only remember the wing panel weights because I wrote it down on the root ribs.

I think the regulator I had in it was at 5.2Volts. I am going to change to a 5.7V regulator before spring comes around.

CORRECTION ON MY PREVIOUS POST - I MEANT JR 8411SA FOR RUDDER<G>
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
flyf3a

Hi

The wings are 460 grams each (exl servos) and they are completly hollow other than support for the wing tube. No more creative technics and dimples. They will not survive any damage but in flight very strong. The fuselage is much stronger with formers added. Rumor has it that there is a new 2008 colour scheme for the Beryll. Cant wait to get my hands on one. See attachment.

Regards
Burt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13082.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	870444  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:24 AM
mikedsilva

gee... i really like that colour scheme...
Tried to get a hold of the anhedral stabs from Oxai, but they did not return my email.

Anyone else know of a way I can get a set fully covered?

Mike
Old 02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
icicles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mike,

I think i ended up with your old model, your original Beryll. I received the uncovered anhedral stab as part of the package.
I was surprised Oxai didn't finish it. Either way it didn't bother me greatly as i just filmed it in the same scheme as the painted ones.

If you received plain stabs, have a go at covering them. The colours aren't a perfect match, but close enough in my book.

I'm just about ready to test fly my beast. All that is left is to manufacture a battery hold down tray etc.

My all up weight so far is 4750grams.

Chris
Old 04-15-2008, 03:43 PM
mikedsilva

Chris
what brand of film, colour codes, did you use?

has anyone else with a Hacker C50 taken the gearbox off for cleaning and re-greasing yet? What method did you use for removing all the old grease? how important is it to have it squeaky clean before re-greasing?

mike
Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 AM
j payne

Mike
I have done the relube job on my hacker c50 now about 10 times it is real easy just follow the instructions that comes with the grease from hacker I use a tissue and toothbrush to clean old grease out make sure you don''t loose the shim washers from under the three gears those gears go back on with the writing on the bearings facing up just put a small amount of grease where they tell you to do and don''t use too much grease as it will just throw out any excess around the fan
John
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
icicles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

I used a lot of old film i had lying around. There's Monokote, Profilm and Solarfilm, as long as they were a close match i didn't mind. Not many people have picked the fact that i have filmed them.

I scanned the original tail plane and printed it , then i used the print out as a template for the film.

As far as greasing goes just as John says, it's no big deal really.

Hope this helps

Chris
PS Have now got 35 flights on my beast, and going strong