Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Commerical Service Scratch Building Thread?

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Commerical Service Scratch Building Thread?

Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Action Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Commerical Service Scratch Building Thread?

Hello,

I want to make a building thread on the Scratch Building RC forum for a certain airplane but I am a professional commercial builder. Would it be against the rules to list my website as a link on the thread but not to try to sell anything? This thread would merely be an informative build of the Minimasters.

For example, the opening paragraph would be:

"Here at [link=http://www.lazer-works.com]Lazer Works[/link](our name would have a link), we have been getting a lot of requests for the Andrews Minimaster. We have started to build two versions of this particular plane: The original tricycle gear version and a modified tail dragger version."

From there we would include pictures of the build and information of what was done.

Would this be acceptable to post?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Commerical Service Scratch Building Thread?

Eddie,
No, we'll all drive down to Wichita Falls and beat you with wet noodles if you try that!!!!!!!!

Of course I am just kidding. This is Ken from up in Lawton.

The RCU rules for non-banner advertisers do cover this:
ALL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
[ul][*]Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed. [*]Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread [*]Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information. [*]"Build Threads" are permitted [*]No "sale" ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, specials, market research or pertinent news strictly. [*]No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers [*]Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts. [/ul]
Build threads are allowed by a commercial entity are allowed. Posting your website address is a bit tricky since you aren't a RCU banner-advertiser. Let me check with the Owner or Administrator of RCU and see what they say on that issue.

One other thing that should be addressed is disclosign your commercial affiliation in you signature line, as per the RCU rules. If you are going to run a build thread you'll want to make sure you have everything straight so that none of the members can call you out on this.
USERNAMES & DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Web addresses may not be used as usernames.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Ken
Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Action Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, it sounds all rather complicated. I don't want to get on the bad side of anybody. I guess we'll just post it on our website, the built pictures and notes and let it go with that.

Thank you for the help, though.

Eddie
Old 02-15-2008, 06:25 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie,

It is not complicated at all. You can do a build thread. it is right there in the rules ken posted. He even put it in bold for you.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't this be considered to be yet another shameless plug to buy a kit from a certain place, and get away with free advertising? Is it not long before RCUniverse becomes a Model Airplane News Magazine filled with headlines of "We try out____ " and the subscriber is then expected to buy_____ also.

There already has been a few "Building threads" for obscure aircraft available only at one location, and put together by an "associate" of that firm. Would be simplier to create a whole new forum than to alter things to fit in.

Wm.