Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
cdog1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

I dont have any personal experience with it, but people around here act as if they give you a 40 minute massage and a bottle of wine or something. Is there something I'm missing?
'
Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
NitroBobby

Default RE: What is the big deal about Traxxas "support"?

that's for the preferred customers in the "Champagne Room"...
Old 02-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: cdog1985

I dont have any personal experience with it, but people around here act as if they give you a 40 minute massage and a bottle of wine or something. Is there something I'm missing?
'
I never knew it was such a big deal. Call me a Traxxas fanboy, but I'm very inpressed with there CS. They have been very good. If you haven't tried it out yet, your missing out.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
calvino

'
lol, my friend got a new carb for his revo 3.3 from em for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they also have a VERY liberal return policy, they don't mind that you change over your connectors to deans... as long as you do the job good[8D], that is fine, it is amazing, nothn traxxas here, but from what I hear, they have AWESOME customer support[8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Always Dreamin

The plug on my ESC came out, I sent it into them. They replaced it free of charge with no questions asked. I know that It probbibly only cost them $30 to make, but they sent me out a brand new one! I was very inpressed. [8D]

I hear AE has good CS too?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: Wipe Out

'
I never knew it was such a big deal. Call me a Traxxas fanboy, but I'm very inpressed with there CS. They have been very good. If you haven't tried it out yet, your missing out.

I love traxxas.But they really dont have a choice but to give good customer service. They had so many faulty 12t titans in the rustler/stampede. I know the have a boat load of crappy EVX-2 esc in there new Emaxx. There are many people on there second or third EVX-2 esc.
I f they didnt have good CS they would be close to ruined by just those 2 problems. Im still waiting on my emaxx(backorder)

Im not trashing them. but there are people that bought there emaxx a month ago and still havent used it. Id be pretty lit up if that was my 350 just sitting there like a giant paper weight with at least 100 in batts. I just hope I get a good 1 the first time and dont have to pay to ship my faulty EVX-2 across the country.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Always Dreamin

You definetely have a point there.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:33 AM
calvino

ya, I had a prob with motor shafts breakin on my 18T, sent em an email, got a speedy reply, shipped em out, got the mount I had broken (3), FREE (plus shippin it out to em) real good CS imo[8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: calvino

ya, I had a prob with motor shafts breakin on my 18T, sent em an email, got a speedy reply, shipped em out, got the mount I had broken (3), FREE (plus shippin it out to em) real good CS imo[8D]
I have never used them with the t4.. Pretty tough truck! [8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I see too many people using good customer service as an excuse for shoddy products. I mean, the EVX-2 shouldnt break in the FIRST PLACE. Its great that they replace them when they do - but theres no excuse for so many people to be blowing their ESCs.

Its like you see a thread where someone complains that their EVX-2 died and that Traxxas replaced it, which is great - but then the thread turns into a "Yeah see Traxxas rocks!" sorta thing. Thats fine too but, the they need to be held accountable for the issues.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Always Dreamin

Although, Traxxas did replace my ESC, I would rather had them just get it right the first time. I had to wate a week or two to get it back. The downtime killed me! [:@]
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 AM
SavageX78

Although, Traxxas did replace my ESC, I would rather had them just get it right the first time. I had to wate a week or two to get it back. The downtime killed me! [:@]
Exactly. Theres a guy Ive been talking to on the traxxas forums That is waiting on his THIRD esc. They should have made sure #2 was working. Know they think its something with either the RX or the motors so he has to ship it all back. And on top of that esc number 1 blew 90 dollars worth of batts. And theres a few threads were people have pics of exploded nimh cells. Thats crazy.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 AM
SavageX78

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Personally I see too many people using good customer service as an excuse for shoddy products. I mean, the EVX-2 shouldnt break in the FIRST PLACE. Its great that they replace them when they do - but theres no excuse for so many people to be blowing their ESCs.

Its like you see a thread where someone complains that their EVX-2 died and that Traxxas replaced it, which is great - but then the thread turns into a "Yeah see Traxxas rocks!" sorta thing. Thats fine too but, the they need to be held accountable for the issues.
I made a thread over at traxxas asking how many people have been able 2 use 7 cell packs without burning there evx-2 and in 3-4 days I think maybe 4 have had said yes.Thats not good considering the amount of E-maxx traffic is over at the traxxas forums.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:59 AM
sheograth

I made a thread over at traxxas asking how many people have been able 2 use 7 cell packs without burning there evx-2 and in 3-4 days I think maybe 4 have had said yes.Thats not good considering the amount of E-maxx traffic is over at the traxxas forums.

Yeah, bad sign. The Traxxas forums freak me out though.... When I go there I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of 9 year olds who think they're engineers
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Traxxas does make quality vehicles for the purposes they are designed. Being around many of them, the only complaint I have about Taxxas is their engines, the TRX 2.5, 2.5R, & 3.3. But all my friends, whenever a new Revo or Jato comes out, always rip out the crappy TRX and put in an OS TM or TZ engine in its place. They then EBay their TRX engines.

Barring the engines, the Traxxas Rexo and Jato are so well designed and of such quality that no one I know has ever had to even call Traxxas for any defects.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Always Dreamin

If I break my SECOND ESC, I'm going to ask them for my money back. If they cant get the kinks worked out, I don't want their product until they do.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
JMcDonald

ORIGINAL: sheograth
Yeah, bad sign. The Traxxas forums freak me out though.... When I go there I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of 9 year olds who think they're engineers
Hah, but that's no worse than a forum where a third of the people there think they are badass because of how many RCs they have or how much they have into them... . Hell, I think the fact that they have their own forum which is actually popular deserves props in itself.

BTW, what makes you say that? Like, give me some examples.

As far as the whole CS thing, Ill say this. People don't remember the mistakes, people remember how they were corrected. Everyone makes mistakes, and for a company covering so many areas (powerful engines, powerful electronics, popular vehicles in each class, all at competitive or even unbeatable prices), I think they have made a relatively small amount of them. Then, of course, fixing the mistakes they DO make seals the deal about how good of a company it is.

And, to those who might say Im a Traxxas "fanboy" or something in order to remove strength from my statements, Ill say that Ill probably never buy another Traxxas vehicle since there are better MTs than the TMaxx, and I dont care much for the classes of any of their other vehicles (2wd electric), and if I did I would buy something more geared for racing. I simply give credit where credit is due. However, my first vehicles were an electric rustler (which made many trips back to the factory for quick and usually free repairs until I learned how to fix it myself), an electric bandit (which I built as a kit), and a nitro Rustler, so I know first hand the quality of their service.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Everyone is complaining how the new TRAXXAS ESC's are blowing up. If you look on the ESC its says that it is created by Novak distributed by TRAXXAS. Now I am sure TRAXXAS has discussed this with Novak and they are probably trying to work out the kinks as we speak. Was Windows Vista perfect when it came out? Most definitely not. As a matter of a fact it sucked and still does. Give it time people. I'm sure they will work it out.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Always Dreamin

I was told they will not be fixing the VXL's soon. The button only gets stuck because they try to make it as waterproof as possible. Then when some dust gets in, the plug gets stuck.

The plugs come out because they are cold soldered (weak). They cannot use hot solder for some reason (stronger).
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Notgwb
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: MF2MM5700

'

I love traxxas.But they really dont have a choice but to give good customer service. They had so many faulty 12t titans in the rustler/stampede. I know the have a boat load of crappy EVX-2 esc in there new Emaxx. There are many people on there second or third EVX-2 esc.
I f they didnt have good CS they would be close to ruined by just those 2 problems. Im still waiting on my emaxx(backorder)

Im not trashing them. but there are people that bought there emaxx a month ago and still havent used it. Id be pretty lit up if that was my 350 just sitting there like a giant paper weight with at least 100 in batts. I just hope I get a good 1 the first time and dont have to pay to ship my faulty EVX-2 across the country.
Traxxas never made a 12t turn Titan and they sure didn't put any kind of turn Titans in Rustys or Pedes
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: Steppenwolffan21

Traxxas never made a 12t turn Titan and they sure didn't put any kind of turn Titans in Rustys or Pedes
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNMM6&P=ML
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
sheograth

What? lol
Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Always Dreamin

Where have you been? Your joking right?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:12 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Traxxas does make quality vehicles for the purposes they are designed. Being around many of them, the only complaint I have about Taxxas is their engines, the TRX 2.5, 2.5R, & 3.3. But all my friends, whenever a new Revo or Jato comes out, always rip out the crappy TRX and put in an OS TM or TZ engine in its place. They then EBay their TRX engines.

Barring the engines, the Traxxas Rexo and Jato are so well designed and of such quality that no one I know has ever had to even call Traxxas for any defects.
[link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/YT27PR1RS2C81Z2Y]TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/link] tells the whole story[8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Always Dreamin

My friend has had his for a long time and It still runs great. I don't get why some people can have bad luck while others have it perfect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.