Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Rpm A-arms

Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpm A-arms

hey guys just owndering if anyone here is runnning the rpm upper and lower a-arms
and if so what are they like are they good and also does anyone have the ability
to give me a pic of the stock upper arm and the rpm upper arm side by side or can you tell me if the rpm a thinner or wider then the stock ones thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Hordsak

Default RE: Rpm A-arms

Me and a buddy went bashing at the BMX track the other day, and I killed 4 upper a-arms. I ordered 4 sets of RPM arms (around 60 bucks for them all) and I get them friday. They look quite similar to the HPI ones. I got black, because I'm not a fan of the blue or purple ones. Here are some pics of my broken stuff.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
mortimersnerd

They're great. One of the best upgrades I've made to my truck. Get them, you won't be sorry.

Justin
www.savagehowto.com
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Docroonie

I run them, they are minutely larger. The biggest thing that makes them awesome is that they're all around stronger. Because they're made of a higher grade plastic than stock....15 bucks a set is worth it......
Old 02-15-2008, 12:05 AM

ya but its clearence issues
i dont want them any wider then stock since with stick they have a slight rub with my set up i have
thanks guys ill still take a look at them though
Old 02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Hordsak

Well, I got my arms today and here is a comparison if the stock HPI. The uppers are a little thicker, however not much. The lower a arms are alot slimmer however. I don't have a pic of them though (I don't know why I didn't) They're definanetly a better plastic. Can't wait to put them thru the paces.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:00 AM

thanks man thats the perfect pic
the exact angle i was looking for and no worrys but can you tell me this on the lower arms where you mount the shock, does it look just like the savage ones or does it only have the inner piece of plastic you screw into if you get what i mean
Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 AM

well i figured it out never mind
i think im gonna go with these because of there design it will get rid of my clearence issue
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Hordsak

Yeah, I know what you mean, and you can see it in the pic. There is only 1 tab instead of the 2 on the stock HPI arms. Me and a buddy went bashing upto 256th, we found a nice spot that had alot of hard snow, it was good times. Didn't break anything.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:32 AM

really eh dam i cant wait to get my truck back up and running we should go bash sometime
Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 AM
kd7oir

With RPM anything you won't be sorry. Savage .25 stock are heavier than the RPMs and have less ground clearance than the RPMs too. The x are about the same weight and clearance as RPMs but RPMs are much stronger. I've jumped my 79 ford f150 4x4 severial times and never busted a thing. I have RPMs arms and steering knuckles on my Revo too and love them. I only wish they made uprights (steering knuckles) for the savage.
Shawn