Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
kd7oir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is this?

Now remember my hobby shop that's been around nearly 30 years, did say it looked like a Losi but he did say too that it was a frankinstine truck. I'm going to tear the parts truck apart tonight. I'll see if I find any writing or anything when I do. Then I'll take pics. I'll leave the one with tires alone for now because It's supposed to run. I have a starter for the trx.15 thats on it if it don't need anything els. I do know the tank needs to be sealed up. It has a crack in it and it leaks. He said he had it running and I believe it because there was fuel in the tank and that's how I found out it leaks. I'll post more picks in the morning of the parts and such.
Shawn
Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Notgwb
My Feedback: (10)

Didn't feel like reading the whole entire thread but the two trucks are the Traxxas Nitro Stampede, a 1/10th monster truck no longer produced by Traxxas.

Nice find!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Clymer122693

Uhhh as far as I know traxxas DOES still produce the n-pede seeing as they came out with a new n-pede not to long ago......
Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 PM
MaxxOrange

ORIGINAL: Steppenwolffan21

Didn't feel like reading the whole entire thread but the two trucks are the Traxxas Nitro Stampede, a 1/10th monster truck no longer produced by Traxxas.

Nice find!
um are you serious? the nitro pede is still being produced, you can buy them anywhere, maybe you need to check your facts and repost them correctly
Old 02-08-2008, 07:11 AM
whiteshark107

WOW..... 29 post and only one person got it 1/2 right (Nitrorcjunkie) I can't believe The Collector hasn't chimed in yet. He must be on sick leave. Well what you have is two really old Traxxas trucks. The first is a Nitro Hawk. that's the one that "runs" the other is a Nitro Street. Both trucks look pretty much stock. Here is a link to get part number and exploded views from. Good luck both truck will be hard to find parts for but there are some out there.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...cat=144&id=487
Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 AM
kd7oir

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOM MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My grandson will be happy to know that I have a name to research. I looked at the exploded views and that's it. One question for you,"whiteshark107". What made you think the second is the street model? They are identical except for the tires and motors as far as I can tell. I looked at the nitro street and the nitro hawks exploded views and the rear A-arms are different on the street than both of mine.
Thanks again. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Shawn
Old 02-11-2008, 05:35 AM
whiteshark107

Well by going off the chassis the only difference between the two would be part # 3192. Which is a Gearbox Spacer. It is on the Nitro Hawk it is not on the Nitro Street. If both yours have it they are both hawks. Here is a link of the part. It sits right under the engine. Good luck.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/legac...chass-assy.pdf
Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
kd7oir

I believe there both Hawks. This has been a big help. My grandson might not get to play with this much. It'll be a transition from his electric to nitro. I'll let him play with my revo and savage then I'll get him either a HPI mt 2 or a Traxxas Nitro Rustler. It depends how he handles 4wd. I'll more than likly try to restore the hawk and after my grandson is done with it, it'll sit on a shelf.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
kd7oir

I'm getting the GPM cvd kits, alloy hubs, new tanks and tires for them both. I do have a question about the ball diffs, are they recommended?
Thanks
Shawn
Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 AM
whiteshark107

ORIGINAL: kd7oir

I'm getting the GPM cvd kits, alloy hubs, new tanks and tires for them both. I do have a question about the ball diffs, are they recommended?
Thanks
Shawn
Unless you found some for really cheap, I wouldn't bother.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:39 AM
kd7oir

I don't care about being cheep. If I wanted to be cheep I wouldn't be in RC. What I asked is "are they recommended" not "are they worth it." Big difference. If I have to put $1000.00 to get something to perform the way I want it to, it's worth it, to me. To me it's not about money, it's about fun.
I'll get off my soap box now (wasn't trying to but now you know where I'm coming from) and I'll ask again are the ball diffs "recommended?"
Shawn
Old 02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Ball differentials are more for racing or if you have a big engine that delivers a lot of power. So durability wise it might be good but I wouldn't recommend it unless your racing or your putting a BB where a SB goes...