Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

SC.21 replacement carb

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SC.21 replacement carb

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
mrfixitwhite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC.21 replacement carb

hi i was wondering if theres any other carbs i can fit instead of the standard one that came with my SC.21 marine engine?
i konw its not a fantastic engine but with the current carb it revs all or nothing! i have tried all manner of settings but it's still rubbish
i can get it started and run for a few seconds and then it will quit and will NOT restart at the same settings! very frustrating[:@]
the carb outer size is 8mm i think! with a 7mm inner -may have to double check that though?
i was wondering if even a carb from a car/truck engine would work but cant seem to find any sizes for them!
not to worried if its a slide carb,i'd just like to be able to start and run the motor!
theres always loads of car carbs on ebay but im unsure of the the sizes as im not into cars/trucks.
any help would be gr8
cheers
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
vamp131

Default RE: SC.21 replacement carb

sounds as if your engine needs tuned is it run in yet there is a small screw to adjust the idle on the carb if there is a flying club near you they will tune your engine tell you what to do thats what i did now i have 2 normal nitro boats two air boats and a plane lol
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: mrfixitwhite

hi i was wondering if theres any other carbs i can fit instead of the standard one that came with my SC.21 marine engine?
i konw its not a fantastic engine but with the current carb it revs all or nothing! i have tried all manner of settings but it's still rubbish
i can get it started and run for a few seconds and then it will quit and will NOT restart at the same settings! very frustrating[:@]
the carb outer size is 8mm i think! with a 7mm inner -may have to double check that though?
i was wondering if even a carb from a car/truck engine would work but cant seem to find any sizes for them!
not to worried if its a slide carb,i'd just like to be able to start and run the motor!
theres always loads of car carbs on ebay but im unsure of the the sizes as im not into cars/trucks.
any help would be gr8
cheers

What you need is a new carb.

http://justengines.co.uk/

Just engines will sort you one for about 20 quid. It will be the best 20 quid you will spend on the boat. Got one on my SC61. Only way I could getit to idle reliably. Really is worth doing.

Glenn

Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 AM
mrfixitwhite

Vamp -no i think its defo the carb's fault lol -i have 5 other nitro's and theyre up and running
like Glenn said for some reason a few people seem to have troubles with the carb setting
Glenn i did have a look on there and would consider £20 as a last resort- i know that would sort it easy-but i didnt actually see a carb that was the same size as mine? saw the one for the .61 but not a .21
maybe i'll have to email them.
just wondered if there was a car/truck one that would fit as they can be a £2 or £3 of ebay or even easier as old OS air bleed- i like them ,theyre easy!! lol
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
glennb2006

Dare say you'll find one. One thing that did help my SC carb is to stick some silicon rubber tube over the top of the needle valve and onto the carb - it at least stops the one air leak through the needle valve.

Glenn
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM
gooycheese

Mr fixit,

I was looking at my. 12 carbs and none of them are small enough to fit your .21 engine. The smallest .12 carb I have is 10mm neck (outside, thats my 10E carb for my OS .12cvr ) and they go up to I think 13mm for my NR .12 . These are carbs for .12's and you are looking for a .21 carb which i would bet it bigger for sure. One of the smallest .21 carbs i can think of is the K&B Black and that carb has an 11mm neck.

Hope this Helps,

Paul