Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

has anyone used sintra

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
codtongue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone used sintra

I was talking today to a person in the display industry, and they were telling me about this pvc compresses foam board material called
sintra, It sounds like geat stuff to build an airboat with and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before? and if so what were the results?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 PM
crispyspa

Default RE: has anyone used sintra

Never heard of it....Get some and make a boat! LOL
Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
dadkins

Seems kind of heavy and dense to me - I have used sintra before ( display idustry) and I think it would be ok to skin the bottom of a foam boat - but I think there are better materials out there - I really like coroplast !
Old 02-26-2008, 09:46 AM
codtongue

thats cool, I was'nt sure, never heard of it and never used it, But I was sure someone here had used it.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 AM
dadkins

I believe there was a plastic gasser that may have been mede from Sintra - back about 30 threads ? Plastic Gasser ?
That thing is COOL ! Really top quality construction - but - It looks heavy. and... I was floating a little low without modi-fi-cashon. On snow It rocked ! water - not to bad.
Check it out.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:57 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: dadkins

I believe there was a plastic gasser that may have been mede from Sintra - back about 30 threads ? Plastic Gasser ?
That thing is COOL ! Really top quality construction - but - It looks heavy. and... I was floating a little low without modi-fi-cashon. On snow It rocked ! water - not to bad.
Check it out.
You mean [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6671723/tm.htm]this[/link] one? Not made from sintra though. 27 LBS, does that equal heavy? LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 09:40 AM
dadkins

That was the one. I see now it is abs - which I believe is heavier than sintra. That is a SWEET boat though - and yes 27 pounds seems heavy to me. But... thats a pretty good size jug on there.I don't recall how fast it is - looked pretty fast on snow - not so much on water.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:53 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: dadkins

That was the one. I see now it is abs - which I believe is heavier than sintra. That is a SWEET boat though - and yes 27 pounds seems heavy to me. But... thats a pretty good size jug on there.I don't recall how fast it is - looked pretty fast on snow - not so much on water.
Thanks.
Yea, it's heavy. The engine and mount weigh, if I remember correctly, 9 LBS.
It's not very fast, in powdery snow I had it up to 40MPH...haven't tried ice yet and I'm looking for about 25 MPH on water. (hopefully).LOL Have to wait for the ice to melt.