Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Power System...Motor Sputter Prob.

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

E-Flite Power System...Motor Sputter Prob.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 AM
KZig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite Power System...Motor Sputter Prob.

I have an E-Flite Super Airliner setup with two EFD400 motors on two E-Flite 25pro ESC. My battery power is two ZIPPY 20C 2200mah batts. My problem is when I run up the motors to about 80% throttle, one of the motors will suddenly start to cut off and back on quickly... as if an engine sputter. I then give full power and it continues to run smooth again. This only happens in the 80 to 85% throttle range and only on the one motor. What do I need to look at for this problem?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:25 PM
newjak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Power System...Motor Sputter Prob.

What you have described sounds like there may be a poor solder connection between your ESC and motor. You will probably have to pull back the heat shrink and look for any dull solder joints. Good solder connection have a shine to them. Hope this helps.