Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Scale B-17G

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 PM
jrd929

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale B-17G

I'm looking to build a large scale B-17G, but i can't find any kits. Do i have to buy plans from someone like Don Smith and then send them to a company that can cut out the parts? If you know of a company that has kit's, or if you think i should go the other way, i'd appreciate the input.

thanks,
Jon
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
mogman

Default RE: Scale B-17G

I believe Presicion cut kits now have Don Smith Plans and also do kits from them.
Google.... Don Smith plans...all the info is there.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 AM
bhall01
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Wing Span Models -- http://www.wingspanmodels.com/ -- they have several offerings in different sizes.

BJH
Old 02-28-2008, 10:32 AM
jrd929

Okay, thanks, i appreciate the info.

Jon
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
A-D-Aero
My Feedback: (7)

The Wingspan Models B-17G kit is sweet. I purchased one in 1/9th last fall. I have not started the build yet but have looked through kit and it is perfect. I have been building since 1991 and I can tell you that I haven't been this jazzed about building a kit in way to many years. The accessaries that WS offers are also of high scale quality. Check them out.

Doug
A & D Custom Aero
Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 PM
LearnedInUk
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: jrd929

I'm looking to build a large scale B-17G, but i can't find any kits. Do i have to buy plans from someone like Don Smith and then send them to a company that can cut out the parts? If you know of a company that has kit's, or if you think i should go the other way, i'd appreciate the input.

thanks,
Jon

Someone is building one on here in the twins section [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7031159/tm.htm]Wingspan B-17[/link]
Old 03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
jrd929

ORIGINAL: A-D-Aero

The Wingspan Models B-17G kit is sweet. I purchased one in 1/9th last fall. I have not started the build yet but have looked through kit and it is perfect. I have been building since 1991 and I can tell you that I haven't been this jazzed about building a kit in way to many years. The accessaries that WS offers are also of high scale quality. Check them out.

Doug
A & D Custom Aero
For the price of the 1/9th scale B-17F/G, it ought to be nice and detailed. Might have to build a bigger garage to build the model, i doubt the work space i have now would work. I can't wait to get it though.

Jon