Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

I beleive its the same plane just without the signature.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
octanehuffer

Thevirginian- in your last post you stated that you model is not a clone and that is it is copied an American company copied it. Well if your kit is not a clone, and Quique designed it, but it was not made by the same manufacture, Only leads me to belive that from your standpoint its Quique's name on CMP's model. What other stand point is there.
After your explination that you now think that Quique designed the plane makes perfect sense.
Yup you got a very well designed plane at a good price,but should you have? What if the plane was infact a "stolen copy"?
We are on the same page thevirginian, I am just showing a another possible side to the story. As stated earlier I wish you well with your kit.

NJAIRSTRIKE- I deleted my reply to you because you deleted your ignorant responce, but I wont forget.
Welcome to America. Now leave.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE

welcome to america, now leave? and your calling me ignorant? lol. Ok.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE

I bet you that your the same guy that when you see a muslim woman with a veil over her face, you call her a terrorist? its people like you that make this country the most hated country in the world.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE

I'm comfortable where I'm at, if you dont like it. YOU LEAVE! I will wait for hobby city to bring their business here and I will buy the $40.00 battery simular to the $400.00 thunder power battery, I will buy the YAK for $200 simular to the QQ $400.00 yak. If you dont like it, Too bad buddy.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 AM
seemefly_1

NJAIRSTRIKE- I deleted my reply to you because you deleted your ignorant responce, but I wont forget.
Welcome to America. Now leave.
Wow lets keep it clean. octanehuffer we know you don’t think they are the same plane so stop arguing. That’s your opinion so don’t fight for it.

I bet you that your the same guy that when you see a muslim woman with a veil over her face, you call her a terrorist? its people like you that make this country the most hated country in the world.
NJAIRSTRIKE I see where you’re coming from and we know he is rude just leave it
Old 03-02-2008, 12:52 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, let's keep to the topic of this thread, and abide by the forum rules. Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 AM
octanehuffer

If only NJAIRSTRIKE had left his post online for all of us to read the story would change. Something to the effect of not liking america and wanting the immigrants to run the place. I wonder why he deleted it 3 minuets after he posted it. I am an american soldier who helps those people you assume I hate. Your welcome.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
D.O.A.F.S.

I did see NJAIRSTRIKE's responce and RITE ON octanehuffer,and THANK YOU BROTHER for your service! I don't post a whole lot but sometimes there's a NEED. As far as the rest of this topic. I don't know ALL the facts on this plane and CERTAINLY don't agree with pirating someone's hard work (don't know if it was or not) I personally fly Aeroworks planes with DA's for power MY choice and thats the point. Everyone makes their own choice. The majority of the pilots including myself will never push these airframes to the edge, but I know what I'm getting, quality, dependability,and GREAT service for my money. I'm not a gambling man. I have friends as well that fly other plane and DL50's with GREAT results as well I can't argue that. Long and winded SORRY but my point is JUST GO FLY WHAT YOU HAVE OR CHOOSE TO BUY AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 PM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

octanehuffer,
To bring this argument between you and me to an end, here is what I believe is the truth: QQ designed a beautiful and great performing airplane. He goes to China and cuts a deal with CMP. One of the stipulations is that CMP can manufacture his Yak with another color scheme and sell it to different distributors worldwide. In return he gets a certain percentage in royalties for every Yak sold. Not a bad deal if you consider that CMP probably sell ten times as many Yaks for half the price than what QQ is selling his for $370.00. And I wouldn't blame him a bit for a move like that, because it's nothing but good business sense. I said it before: Do you really think QQ, or Rezagh for that matter had absolutely no idea that CMP was selling a less expensive copy of his own design. Things like that won't go unnoticed, not even for a week. Now, let's assume CMP "stole" the design. How to you think you can get a hold of all the drawings and jigs and molds, in order to create a perfect counterfeit? Not if it is an ARF. You need to have the blueprints, as a minimum. With blueprints I mean, of course, the original 3D drawings in electronic format, otherwise you are not able to set up the laser cutters and all other parts that are CNC'd. But I don't think QQ has anything to worry about. As a matter of fact, this may even benefit him more than the other way around. Again I will keep you guys up to date with my progress on the "cheap clone"
Old 03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
octanehuffer

My lips are sealed on this matter

For now.....
Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
kid chuckles

This is no different than buying say a car part from Napa for 235.00 and then go to O'Riely's or Auto Zone and getting the same part manufactured by the same company for less than half of Napa's price. I can say that the Nitro Models fly well but the hardware is not as good. Such as the servo rods are wood and metal that is held with shrink wrap. At least on mine it was. Super Chipmunk and it is sold by alot of different companies but Nitro is the cheaper. Also the manuels are not nearly as good. They don't have some stuff in them such as how certain stuff is mounted or other things. This is one difference in my observations.

Editied to try to stay within the rules. [:@] @ ngsatair or whatever.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a different industry, but an example. I readan article in a Motorcycle trade magazine that discussed China's emerging powersports manufacturing industry. The part that was interesting was that a large powersports equipment manufacturer contracted with a factory in China to produce, for them, and them alone, a certain ATV, that would be marked under their name. Nothing unusual there. Somewhere into the production run, a representative of the equipment mfr went to China to visit the factory, show the flag, make sure that QC was being maintained, etc etc. During his visit he happened to see another production line making the exact same vehicle as his, only with a different Mfr's name on it. (A domestic Chinese company, that wouldn't be sold in the same market as his vehicle). It apparently too quite a bit of persistance to finally get to the bottom of the matter, that was that the factory in China had simply copied their design, and was producing it for another mfr without any regard for copyright, legality, etc etc. It actually sounds like the factory really didn't get it, they didn't think they were doing anything wrong, as their vehicle wouldn't even compete in the same markets. This turns out to be very commonplace in China. It's an emerging industrial nation. Gov't oversight is usually directed at bringing in the most money with the least effort, and if that includes a little design piracy here and there, so be it. Complain, and maybee your production costs rise. Or your production suffers delays, so sorry.
So it really wouldn't suprise me that, if, without any knowledge on Somenzine aircraft's part, their design was being copied and sold under another name. CMP not copy? It's the industrial mindset over there.

Andy
Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
thevirginian

Andy, you could be right on that. Who knows, it's all speculations. I just believe strongly that both airplanes are built by CMP, period. There are not simple similarities anymore, there are equal parts, except a few exceptions. CF-wing tube, titanuium push rods for example. The covering is no cheap "China-Cote", it must be either OraCover or Ultracote. It is too good to be cheap And as I stated before, the hardware is no "throw away" hardware.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
FLYMIKE

I have the 85" that is stated 81" but the wing span is 85 and the fuse is 81....same color scheme...simular to this one but different in the structure, but not much...I will lighten mine up but overall I am very happy...this is my first off brand name model and it does have to be modified a little..but I do that to all my planes....paid 299.00 and well worth it....
Like said before..Doesnt matter where it comes from, its the price and how "YOU" build it....and enjoy it.....
Old 03-05-2008, 04:12 PM
thevirginian

FLYMIKE;
Yeah, I noticed that typo with the incorrect wingspan also. I guess they mixed up fuse length with wingspan. Structurally it is not equal to QQ's 85". So I believe they are two different planes. But they quality should be up to par, is it not? Show some pictures, please, if you don't mind.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

So are the pushrods just metal then?

any pics on your build so far?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
FLYMIKE

ORIGINAL: thevirginian

FLYMIKE;
Yeah, I noticed that typo with the incorrect wingspan also. I guess they mixed up fuse length with wingspan. Structurally it is not equal to QQ's 85". So I believe they are two different planes. But they quality should be up to par, is it not? Show some pictures, please, if you don't mind.
Structurally it is fine....havnt seen QQ 85"....control horns are metal and a little heavy for me so I will replace with Extreme Flights fiber ones....and two or three holes for the pined hinges are not inline...easy fix...needs glue in certain areas but all in all it is pretty good. I am not home right now so I'll post pics later....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
thevirginian

Well, the pushrods seem to be made of aluminum after all. But the wqy they are made I have no reservations with. They are tapered and pretty strong. I' ll see later if weight is an issue in the tail section. If not I might replace them with 4-40 steel push rods.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 PM
sfsjkid

I too noticed the 69" Yak in my surfing and this thread and one in RCG finally made me pull the trigger. Without getting into "getting what you paid for" and "clone" discussions (I do intend to get the Quique version eventually since the color scheme is great), here's a couple of "issues" I've found.

The landing gear seems robust enough, but no screws for mounting nor axles are drilled. Just a minor point of surprize. In looking at the wing, the left side "shear webs" are cut out while the right side are solid, but the grain is lenghtwise (these are the 'webs' from the second to fourth bays. I'm thinking about doubling these with additional balsa. Also interesting is the fact that the wing tips have the holes for side force generators like the Quique, but there are no generators included, nor are there blind nuts which I assume would be required.

I am impressed with the overall quality otherwise thus far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42392.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	895875   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45803.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	895876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64073.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	895877  
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Guys, this is very simple. Quique is a great flier but he is also an excellent businessman. Most ARFs in the market are made in China, period. To what extent Quique is involved in the actual design of his planes we don't know for sure, (you just can't believe everything you see in the ads) but let's assume that he really is. Now let's talk business. He designs his "somenized" planes and has CMP or some other chinese company build the planes under his name but also in exchange$$$$, allows them to sell the same kits under different brand names. Ever heard of Sears Kenmore? It is the american way.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

I can see your point. It's hard to pass up that kind of savings. Plus, I kind of like the color scheme a little better. Something diffrent.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:33 AM
FLYMIKE

ORIGINAL: thevirginian

Well, the pushrods seem to be made of aluminum after all. But the wqy they are made I have no reservations with. They are tapered and pretty strong. I' ll see later if weight is an issue in the tail section. If not I might replace them with 4-40 steel push rods.
I have been using CF rods from the local hobby store on the last two planes I have...50 pound strength..solid core (not the hollow ones) 6 buck rod covers the pushrods needed for the plane....I just drilled out the ball links a little to accomadate the rod and used gorilla glue....never had a bent rod again.....doesnt take any longer to do and saves a half the weight.....
Here's what I do, I lay the plane upside down all servos connected to RX...set servos to zero....connect ball links then size the rods...cut to fit then glue them in and "tape rod & links together" because gorilla glue expands and can push the rod out.....
Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 AM
thevirginian

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes

Guys, this is very simple. Quique is a great flier but he is also an excellent businessman. Most ARFs in the market are made in China, period. To what extent Quique is involved in the actual design of his planes we don't know for sure, (you just can't believe everything you see in the ads) but let's assume that he really is. Now let's talk business. He designs his "somenized" planes and has CMP or some other chinese company build the planes under his name but also in exchange$$$$, allows them to sell the same kits under different brand names. Ever heard of Sears Kenmore? It is the american way.
Planeclothes, you copied me. You cloned my opinion Wasn't it what I said before?
sfsjkid,
What you noticed is true. The LG has no holes drilled, but neither does QQ's. What you said about the holes in the wing tips confirms again the fact that these are the same airplanes. Tonite I'll check my wings inside. If you are right I also will double the webs with the grain running vertically. No big deal.
FLYMIKE, I am with you on those push rods. Where ever I can I use CF also. But in this case, since the rods are so short I might stick with the supplied ones.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
qqs

I was on a trip when my people made me aware of this thread (last Monday March 3rd) since then I’ve been following it very closely.
I am very surprise to learn that there are people out there that know more than what I know about Quique’s Aircraft Company. It is simply incredible how people like “thevirginian” can be writing with so much knowledge about my own company and my own principles as a person and business man.
“thevirginian” I have solid principles as a person and my principles are absolutely tight to my way to do business.
Thevirginian, let me answer:
“QQ designed a beautiful and great performing airplane. He goes to China and cuts a deal with CMP”. This is an incredible accusation and absolutely false.
“One of the stipulations is that CMP can manufacture his Yak with another color scheme and sell it to different distributors worldwide. In return he gets a certain percentage in royalties for every Yak sold”. This is an incredible accusation and absolutely false.

“. Not a bad deal if you consider that CMP probably sell ten times as many Yaks for half the price than what QQ is selling his for $370.00.” Perhaps this is not a bad deal for you but absolutely not for me and my principles as a human being. How can you know how many we sell???. About price I am not going to talk at this time.

“And I wouldn't blame him a bit for a move like that, because it's nothing but good business sense.” As I said before, my principles in life are very far from this way to do business. My customers are the most valuable part for me and for my company. I consider my customers as part of my family and the foundation of my company. With my partner in business Wayne Ulery we work together in all decisions relative to our business and airplane production.
All the airplanes that we sell are my own design, I personally design all my airplanes, I personally test the prototype and in many cases two or more prototypes before I commit any design to production, I personally do all the flying and building reports with our OEM. Wayne and I personally travel to China to check our airplanes, I personally enjoy what I do and I feel this is the fairest way to support our customers. On the other hand my good friend Rezagh has been doing the manuals for us, flying all our airplanes and through all this knowledge he is supporting our customers on line in an unbelievable fair and honest fashion.
At QQAC we are very proud of every airplane we produce for our customers.
Once again our customers are the most important part or our business and for whom we have the most respect. To me there is no other way to do business than to have respect for our valuable customers.

“Do you really think QQ, or Rezagh for that matter had absolutely no idea that CMP was selling a less expensive copy of his own design”. We did not have any idea until this thread appeared.

About other comments written by “theVirginian” I reserve my answers for now.

I am very disappointed to see how people like “thevirginian” can come to a thread like this and start to write things without knowing what they are talking about in front of hundreds of thousands of people around the world.

“Thevirginian” please respect other people. Accusations, innuendos, and wild rumors do not become you or any others that speak to rumors or add to them when they have no idea to what they speak.

Quique Somenzini
President
Quique’s Aircraft Company

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.