Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Intresting read

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Intresting read

Old 03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Believe It
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intresting read

ORIGINAL: ken0276

ORIGINAL: Believe It

Dont cry guy...dry your eye... one day you will reach the speeds i did. Hopefully, you wont dunk another zen7 twisting the crank before doing so...

oops... i wasnt supose to know that happened [X(]
What a fake speed you did? 60mph? I have $$$ to spend, even if I break this Zen7 again, that's fine, Dave would fix it for me...
If my cat only ran 60mph... it would STILL have gone faster then your cat has, with a zenoah you paid over $700 for. Im sure he would fix it again for you... its $$$ for him. From what i was told.. and KNOW, you dunk motors quite often... so im sure he can count on having another motor to fix.

Now, since you have $$$ to spend... why dont you sack up and come see a 70mph cat in person for yourself? Or are you scared that you will see a cat with a motor that actually makes 7hp that cost less then your 7hp zenoah run numbers you cant seem to get?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
ken0276
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Dont cry guy...dry your eye... one day you will reach the speeds i did. Hopefully, you wont dunk another zen7 twisting the crank before doing so...

oops... i wasnt supose to know that happened [X(]
What a fake speed you did? 60mph? I have $$$ to spend, even if I break this Zen7 again, that's fine, Dave would fix it for me...
If my cat only ran 60mph... it would STILL have gone faster then your cat has, with a zenoah you paid over $700 for. Im sure he would fix it again for you... its $$$ for him. From what i was told.. and KNOW, you dunk motors quite often... so im sure he can count on having another motor to fix.

Your 60mph cat never compared to my 7.3HP@18500RPM Zen7 cat here, come over here for a gamble...let me see how your cat reachs 70mph.

Now, since you have $$$ to spend... why dont you sack up and come see a 70mph cat in person for yourself? Or are you scared that you will see a cat with a motor that actually makes 7hp that cost less then your 7hp zenoah run numbers you cant seem to get?
your 60 mph cat never compared to my 7.3@18500PRM Zen7 cat here, come over here for a gamble...and let me see how your cat reachs 70mph.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Believe It
Banned

Your 60mph cat never compared to my 7.3HP@18500RPM Zen7 cat here, come over here for a gamble...let me see how your cat reachs 70mph.

funny, first it was 7.3HP @ 18600... now only 18500. You cant even PROVE that your Zen7 makes those kind of numbers peaking that high. At 18500, i bet it doesnt even make 6hp.

How about this... PROVE your Zen7 makes 7hp... and ill show you some more 70mph video of my cat. Dont worry, ill wait... i just wont hold my breath.

And you are right... my cat doesnt compare to yours there. Its way beyond it. I saw the video of your cat.... forget my cat, you couldnt keep up with my mono.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
ken0276
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Check this website out, if your QD25 is powerful enough, why did it lose to Zen7 in 06 at the haarlem international in Holland? I can't wait to see your cat run in the real 70mph.

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/z...ineengines.htm

Old 03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
RhesusMinus

Funny, this reminds me when I was a kid and we had those discussions like, my father is stronger than yours etc etc.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Believe It
Banned

Check this website out, if your QD25 is powerful enough, why did it lose to Zen7 in 06 at the haarlem international in Holland? I can't wait to see your cat run in the real 70mph.

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/z...ineengines.htm
Ive seen Stock zenoah boats beat fullmod zenoah boats. Your point is?

Come on Ken... you quote 7.3hp@18600rpm every other post.... lets see some PROOF. Dave wont show the proof, im sure since you keep quoting the number, you recieved a dynosheet that shows those numbers for your motor, so lets see the proof.

Oh wait, you will lead away from that subject cause you cant show any proof. You'd buy ocean front property in arkansas if you were told it had zenoahs that make 8hp sitting on shore
Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thread has been cleaned.

Please do not disregard requests to keep threads on (or relevent to) topic.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 PM
stuch

tONY bought other mod motor builders motors and dyno them against his they all read around the same hp give or take a tenths and rpm hundreds. so what our boats haul azz either way...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
DaveMarles

ORIGINAL: patriktegelberg

My advice here would be to use very little written in this post as fact or knowledge. But I agree that it is an interesting read. The conversion from kW to hp is kW/0.7465=hp, (or in europe 0.7365). RMS means root-mean-square. The talk about peak/continous hp sounds like a big missconception, as does the rest of it.

Good posting though, keep it up.

Humble regards
Patrik I have to agree with you. I don't know the Tony who has written this explanation of hp and how dyno readings work but I'm afraid its nonsense and should be ignored. Peak hp is peak hp. I have never seen 'constant hp' referred to anywhere else. I also have dynos with built in weatherstation, temperature readouts, fully computerised hp and torque curves and I'm not the only one. How come his is correct and the others are not? Its all physics, bhp is calculated from torque and rpm readings.
I'm not shooting anyone down here but the figures in the posting that were brought from that website are completely wrong. If anyone is interested and it doesnt have to get too technical or exact but ...For example it says 1.4 kilowatt = 1.045 hp. Wrong , 1 hp = .745KW and so 1.4 KW = 1.89 hp.
He refers to metric hp as KW and that Zenoahs figures are in KW. Last time I looked on their website the figures were not KW. Metric hp is actually called PS and is an old term sometimes still shown on European car engine power figures. A metric hp is close to .99 of a hp. He refers to engines running at lower than peak hp. In a correctly set up model boat at maximum speed, the engine will be running at many more rpm than peak hp rpm in my experience.
Dave