Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tri county racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:57 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tri county racing?

If and when is the real question.Iv'e already waited long enough and that was for the wrong buggy.I ordered a buggy and another truck from a different site the same day and have had them since last week and they were the right order to bad they didn't sell red cat and they answer the phone unlike tri county or red cat.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 PM
R-U-FASTER

ORIGINAL: firebird78

I remember when redcat was moving...someone said they had parts and to go check their store on ebay...went there and only seen cars and starter kits...now im not saying they dont....what I am saying is hey if u got parts PLEASE put up a site were we can look through what ya got and place orders...times like right now some parts are scarce...and knowing were to get a specific part without having to email tons of people would be nice...for instance someone was looking for front bumper and lower arms for a hurricane...all the places I could think of were out...then I remembered rufaster..luckily I think he found what he needed...granted people are going to have their favorite dealers...but if u wanna run and ur broke down and u can get a part somewhere else ur gonna go there...few times I thought I was going to have to order from rufaster..I have a p.o box and their shipping to p.o boxes is expensive...
Future Reference, We have always shipped to PO Box for same price.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:15 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nitro Blaster

ORIGINAL: firebird78

I remember when redcat was moving...someone said they had parts and to go check their store on ebay...went there and only seen cars and starter kits...now im not saying they dont....what I am saying is hey if u got parts PLEASE put up a site were we can look through what ya got and place orders...times like right now some parts are scarce...and knowing were to get a specific part without having to email tons of people would be nice...for instance someone was looking for front bumper and lower arms for a hurricane...all the places I could think of were out...then I remembered rufaster..luckily I think he found what he needed...granted people are going to have their favorite dealers...but if u wanna run and ur broke down and u can get a part somewhere else ur gonna go there...few times I thought I was going to have to order from rufaster..I have a p.o box and their shipping to p.o boxes is expensive...
Future Reference, We have always shipped to PO Box for same price.

just going by your what your site says...thats all
Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 PM
R-U-FASTER

k I will look at and correct because we send many parts for 1.00 to p o or any where in us
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
firebird78

if I hurt your business in any way I apoligize...I didnt understand why it would be more..but thats what it says so I figured it as fact
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
firebird78

I however have sent numorous people in search of parts to your site...I myself would have ordered at some point if I knew it was the same cost
Old 02-25-2008, 11:41 PM
R-U-FASTER

It was truly a over sight on my behalf. No need to apolagize, you seen it because I made the mistake....LOL
Its cool, no harm no foul. I have corrected and Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks firebird
Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM
doogs871

I bought 2 hurricane pros from tricounty, and although initial contact seemed good the goods were delivered very late. This isn't the problem though.

The two cars had been removed from the original packaging and placed in another box. The cars were placed side by side in this box, and the TX's and starter kits were thrown on top. The box didn't make the journey and fully collapsed by the time I got them. The lcd's on the TX's were scratched, as were the bodies and wheels. One of the wing mounts was also broken. Both Glow plugs were DOA. One shock was bent and one air filter assembly had come off. One steering servo was also DOA and there were cracks in two rims. The nose on one of the bodies had come off. One TX not functional. One wing bent

As I am from Australia, no point complaining as postage alone to get these parts would be more than the stuff is worth. Also like to note that the engine that had the air filter off on arrival is now dead before 1 gallon, but the other one is going strong.
So now, I have fitted 645MG steering servos, bough a DX3 to replace the dead TX, replaced the shock, replaced two wheels and just putting up with the scratches. Glued the wing mount back together and getting a new SH28 6 port engine.

Costs to fix
2 servos $90
DX3 $180
Wheels $20
Engine $150
Shcok $20
Saying that, love the performance of these Hurricanes, just dissapointed with the vendor, no quality on an AUD $1000 order.

Doogs871

1/8 Hurricane Pro, Kyosho 777, 1/10 Williams F1
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Macanan

I would of gotten a hold of the vendor that sold them to you and had him replace the stuff
Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: doogs871

I bought 2 hurricane pros from tricounty, and although initial contact seemed good the goods were delivered very late. This isn't the problem though.

The two cars had been removed from the original packaging and placed in another box. The cars were placed side by side in this box, and the TX's and starter kits were thrown on top. The box didn't make the journey and fully collapsed by the time I got them. The lcd's on the TX's were scratched, as were the bodies and wheels. One of the wing mounts was also broken. Both Glow plugs were DOA. One shock was bent and one air filter assembly had come off. One steering servo was also DOA and there were cracks in two rims. The nose on one of the bodies had come off. One TX not functional. One wing bent

As I am from Australia, no point complaining as postage alone to get these parts would be more than the stuff is worth. Also like to note that the engine that had the air filter off on arrival is now dead before 1 gallon, but the other one is going strong.
So now, I have fitted 645MG steering servos, bough a DX3 to replace the dead TX, replaced the shock, replaced two wheels and just putting up with the scratches. Glued the wing mount back together and getting a new SH28 6 port engine.

Costs to fix
2 servos $90
DX3 $180
Wheels $20
Engine $150
Shcok $20
Saying that, love the performance of these Hurricanes, just dissapointed with the vendor, no quality on an AUD $1000 order.

Doogs871

1/8 Hurricane Pro, Kyosho 777, 1/10 Williams F1

were they new? in the box the remote comes in a seperate box.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
doogs871

There is not much point, it is obvious nothing was going to be done about it. If they were packed this way to start with, then you would not expect any quality in the follow up service.

They were all new parts as far as i could tell, I bought them for the good price as I have always been interested in racing these things. The hurricanes definitely wet my appetite for the sport and have / will spend a lot of money on buggies now. Just getting into decent jumps and setups for different terrain, and am having a heap of fun. I was looking at getting a 'name' brand buggy for racing, but I cant see why the hurricanes would not be competitive with the right setup and tires.

I would like to thank EHROOF for the posts in this and other forums, your interest in helping the forum users gives me confidence in continuing with the redcat, can I ask what you postage is to Australia for small items like arms and screws and the like? I like to do a bulk order of spares .

Old 03-17-2008, 09:22 PM
doogs871

The Tx's were oos , just lying on the cars, no packaging in the box at all to seperate the parts, no foam or bubble wrap, just two cars, two TX's and two starter kits thrown in a thin cardboard box big enough to just sqeeze the cars in side by side with the wheels touching.

It looks like this may not be the norm for Tricounty, looks like I just ordered the buggies at the wrong time. Be nice to get some sort of compensation for the money I spent to get them going. Obviously the DX3 was an upgrade, but the other gear is just replacing broken stuff virtually like for like.

ThevRedcat engine replacement wont work for me either, as I can get the standard 3 port SH28 with pull for around $117 delivered in 4 days. The replacement program will cost me that, unless shipping to Australia is also covered in the 1/2 retail price replacement program.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Redharris

That is Unfortunate!
No....That just plain Sucks!
I would contact Tri-County via e-mail (send some pictures) and tell him what happened. I dont know if it is common to Insure an order of that Magnitude, but it Should be. Especially if it is to be shipped Overseas. Hopefully they will make it right by you.

I have done some Business (4 vehicles +parts) with Tri-County, and they have always been responsive and helpful.
In fact, I stood up for them in this very thread and endorsed them, so I am eager to see if they have anything to Say about this.

Hopefully they will grant you some Satisfaction regarding this matter.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
wolverine330

i ordered from them, they are legit
Old 03-17-2008, 10:36 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: doogs871

There is not much point, it is obvious nothing was going to be done about it. If they were packed this way to start with, then you would not expect any quality in the follow up service.

They were all new parts as far as i could tell, I bought them for the good price as I have always been interested in racing these things. The hurricanes definitely wet my appetite for the sport and have / will spend a lot of money on buggies now. Just getting into decent jumps and setups for different terrain, and am having a heap of fun. I was looking at getting a 'name' brand buggy for racing, but I cant see why the hurricanes would not be competitive with the right setup and tires.

I would like to thank EHROOF for the posts in this and other forums, your interest in helping the forum users gives me confidence in continuing with the redcat, can I ask what you postage is to Australia for small items like arms and screws and the like? I like to do a bulk order of spares .

your welcome bro, i wish i could do more for you
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM
nosyray

i ordered a redcat hurricane on Monday 13 2009, i made the payment imediatley. It is now friday 17 2009 and still no shipping info, can u please let me know what the status is. Thank you.

[email protected]
Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM
nosyray

can i please get and answer
Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 PM
pede_187

I don't think he comes here. I think you would have to call or email him.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
RCToysNh

What model Hurricane did you order. The xp's are no longer available ?
Tri County can be reached via ebay.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
nosyray

Ok guys i must say that things aren't always what it seems. i was able to get in touch with tri country and the problem is in the process of being resolved. Very professional business. Thanks again tr country for contacting me and doing the right thing..
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
jpilkinton

Tri County Racing is the person responsible for my addiction to Nitro RC's! I bought my first nitro(Tremor) from them and I have been hooked ever since. I can't seem to get enough.
Thanks Tri County!!!!
Everything I ordered from them, it was drop shipped from Redcat Racing. They forgot my starter kit. I e-mailed them and they had my kit shipped in 3 days to my house.
I would do business with them again...