Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Keith Laumer

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
gatordad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keith Laumer

look guys
getting in touch with factory,s in china that will mass prodcieall laumer blueprints you guys had your chance to buy
them and own a piece of history but everdently you are all talkers not TRUE fans you have one more chance to talk to ([email protected])
then everybody will have them at your local hobbie shop to buy speak up or wish you did i will sell them to die hards at a nice price and not release them to the media the ball is in your court the factories are callin
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Um.... you DID check with the Laumer estate executor about this first? There has been some mentions of his daughter early in this thread. I'm guessing that she is the rightful owner of the intellectual material on those plans.....
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 PM
gatordad

look guys
getting in touch with factory,s in china that will mass produce all laumer blueprints you guys had your chance to buy
them and own a piece of history but evidently you are all talkers not TRUE fans you have one more chance to talk to ([email protected])
then everybody will have them at your local hobbie shop to buy speak up or wish you did i will sell them to die hards at a nice price and not release them to the media the ball is in your court the factories are callin
Old 01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
gatordad

found these in the garbage not there's one mans junk another's man gold
Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
gatordad

have 20 prints found in TRASH if family was so concerned they never would have thrown them out but you see they did not know that his name was going to be what it is they are living some what off of that email me at [email protected] end of conversation
Old 01-16-2008, 06:25 PM
gatordad

by the way are you some kind of a lawyer if not email me gatordad57@yahoo,com
Old 01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
gatordad

just what i thought
Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
David Ingham

Yes, I don't suppose owning the originals, especially not having paid for them, gives you much claim to the copyright, but if whoever owns the copyright should be willing to speak up and take a cut of any profits. Maybe the magazines own the rights to the plans they published. Maybe some are still available. I suppose the publisher of How to Design and Build Flying Models owns the rights to those in the book. Anyway, it is not obvious that there is a market. Selling the originals or copies you have seems safe, and so does posting copies free.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM
gatordad

david i like you would you like one free your the first person to stand up for keith i think he would want you to have one all i need is a
p.o box or address and its yours ill pick one
Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
gatordad

dear david
what plane from laumer have you built
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 PM
gatordad

david
email me @ [email protected] and an org. is on the way don,t sell it lol
Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
BMatthews

You're not getting many replies because you're not giving us any time to reply. It's lovely that you're willing to share and spread around the history.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 PM
David Ingham

I think BMatthews was the first to support him by bringing up that his heirs may own the copyrights.
I have built the three in the book: Pipsqueek, Push Up, and Flea Whiz. I plan to build another Push Up. Flea Whiz stands as my best and most ambitious model to date. See photos earlier in the thread.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:02 AM
tri-pacer

Yea right: China's going to "Mass produce" Laumers prints, when you can download them at Daves website, or trade with a million others who've already scanned them. Sorry Gatordad, but I very much doubt your story about finding Laumer originals in the trash. I think Keiths daughers aren't loosing sleep over this!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Gatordad,
It's too bad that you're cluttering a good thread with your nonsense.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
David Ingham

I have been putting off building another Push Up. Working on the engine for it though.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:36 PM
David Ingham

How did you do the landing gear? I am concerned about minimizing noseovers on rough surfaces. I followed the plans last time, but maybe I will make them more springy on the next one. I am also thinking of Frise ailerons, as Andy Lennon's book describes, instead of a rudder. Maybe the fin should be a little bigger for that?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 AM
g-rock
My Feedback: (1)

David,

Earlier in this thread you made a statement that Ambroid cement would not have the strength for the wing butt joint. Ambroid, before they changed the formula, would have held up just fine.

Hopefully the following photos and drawing will answer your question about a shock absorbing landing gear. The bottom, just in front and rear of the landing gear is 1/32" plywood. You can control the amount of spring by how many loops and size rubber band. The model in the background is one of my own designs.

Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79657.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	905591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36354.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	905592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63132.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	905593  
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
BMatthews

David, ailerons seems like overkill but it's your model. One downside is that it won't be able to taxi and takeoff properley without a rudder unless you're thinking of going a full 4 channel setup. In any event if you go for ailerons I'd suggest lowering the dihedral to about 1/2 the amount shown. And you don't need to make the fin larger. Fin size isn't set by the manner of controls you use.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
David Ingham

Yes, I can see the mechanism now, g-rock. Thanks.
BMatthews, yes the frise ailerons are not in the wash from the propeller as a rudder is. So far, I have been hand launching. And they would take more work than a rudder.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
gollywockdave

I'm of the opinion that for the most part Keith's daughters are not all that interested in his model airplanes despite Sabrina's comment earlier. I have tried numerous times to find out if she knew anything about her father's designs that were never published and never got so much as a "don't know". Keith's brother Frank however said that his papers were held by Bowling Green State University in Ohio. The indication though was that these probably mostly concerned his science fiction writings.
I wanted to know about unpublished designs as it is my understanding that Keith numbered them consecutively in the order of their design. So when I see some numbers in order and then gaps I want to hope there are quite a number of models that the world never got to see. Would be a great teasure hunt if someone could uncover some of them.
By the way, anyone have a copy of Laumer's "Cyrano" ?
David B
Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Only one I don't have. July 1961 Aero Modeller (British) if anyone else has it.
Dave
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
gollywockdave

Dave, could you list the designs you have so I can compare to mine?
One way or another it would be great to have an accessible library of all Laumer designs for everyone who shares our interest in Keith Laumer models to enjoy.
I bet that my name was on the library card of Keith's book from my high school more than anyone else ever. Pretty sure I had it checked out constantly during the years I attended. Of course I had no idea how to obtain plans for those fabulous flying machines and it was many years before I had access to the magazines that contained some of them. Even more years before I had full-size plans and years again before building one (Twin Lizzie when BMJR kitted it).
Now plan to build Dan'l Boom as the next one.
I own 3 copies of the book but I would dearly love to locate the copy from my high school (Gordon High School in Decatur, Georgia).
If someone comes up with it I'll trade a very good copy in exchange. The school one if it still exists will probably be in poor shape.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21033.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	935041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31472.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	935042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10802.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	935043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86410.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	935044  
Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David,

I enjoyed reading your posts today and in particular your creative work with pictures.

I have thought many times about making pilots that way.

Brian
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Brian C

Nice job on the TwinLizzie GolywockDave!

What can you tell us about your set-up. Is she a free flighter, or did you convert it to R/C, I can't tell from the pictures.

Fine lookin co-pilot too!

Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Brian C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.