Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need help choosing ESC for Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 PM
rmesa4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing ESC for Rustler

I have a rustler vxl and the bullet connectors keep breaking off of the esc. This is the second time this has happened and frankly im tired of those stupid connectors and there ability to take me out for 2 to 3 weeks. I was wondering if there is any pros and cons to running the vxl motor with a mamba max controller. I know that the motor leads are solderable and it would make it easier to repair when they become disconnected again. Otherwise ill have to keep sending the vxl esc to traxxas to fix cause I dont think that they can be soldered back on. Is it better to have the whole mamba system ar is it ok to run both mamba and vxl? Also is the new sidewinder esc more comparable to the vxl esc ifso maybe I can just buy the sidewinder system. Help and comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 PM
NitroAssassin

Default RE: Need help choosing ESC for Rustler

how are your bullet connectors breaking off the ESC? are you landing upside from a jump? there has to be a cure for this problem... It's too bad this is happening because the VXL system is a stout setup.. what does traxxas tell you about the problem?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 PM
revo3.3traxxas

I'm lost as to what connectors these are. Are they the ones from the motor to the esc, or which ones?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 PM
revo3.3traxxas

If they are the ones from the motor you can move the esc to stop the problem that's what I did.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 PM
rmesa4321

yeah they are the ones from the motor to the esc and they broke the first time because of landing on my lid. I move the esc to the side next to the battery tray to avoid this and my double side sticky wasnt strong enough so the esc came loose and that is when one of the bullet connectors came disconnected from the esc for the second time. I just would like to be able to fix it myself so i dont have to be out of a car for 2 to 3 weeks. maybe i could just barely stick the wires in the connector so if the feel like pulling out they can without yanking the connectors off, but that seems half ***** to me.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
rmesa4321

is there any way to solder the vxl esc bullet connectors back on?