Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Frozen72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Make sure you boil the plastic parts...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
duneslider

ORIGINAL: halls

I rebuild my tranny with b2 diff all seam to be good but my diff keeps loosing up what should i do thank

This is caused by a couple things usually. If the spring gets too old it won't hold tight and lets the diff loosen. If the nut is old it won't stay tight either. If you didn't put the diff back together right it will loosen. It can be easy to put it back together wrong, the pics in the manual are kind of bad and if I remember right might even be mis-labeled.

Careful with loctite, you may not be able to ever get it apart again.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Fire106

ORIGINAL: duneslider

ORIGINAL: Fire106

Got a question for ya Cheech.........

I got the adjustable Rear Toe-in/Anti-Squat today. My question is.........in the event one of the pivot blocks breaks.......is it possible to replace just the pivot blocks??

I have looked but cant seem to find the blocks alone. I'd hate to think that you would have to pay another $27 if one pivot block breaks.

Nope, but the blocks themselves are about five bucks if I remember right.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWN7&P=M

Thanks Cheech........i cant believe i missed that.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
JMHZ2401

Update on metal diff gear for the Evader St tranny. The guys states they it in brushless set-up with no problems. He currently has 1 left (orginal) he will sell me for $90. I'm not sure I want to spend that. If he can sell 100 he will make more at as lower price. Anyone else interested?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Frozen72

I'll buy one if it's cheap enough...

I'll start a list:

1. JMHZ2401
2. Frozen72
Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM
duneslider

What a joke! I bought three for less then that. On top of that, what kind of guarantee does he have that it will work. Several guys have tried it and had problems with them. On top of that, you guys better plan on having a DSM type radio too. That metal to metal contact of the gears will create some serious glitching!

Buyer beware on this! That is a lot of money for one little gear.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:20 PM
cheech4

i agree 90 bucks is a bit steep. there was a guy here i forget the name but he also was able to get custom gears made but he was asking like 50 bucks at the time and they didn't even sell.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
JMHZ2401

What a joke! I bought three for less then that. On top of that, what kind of guarantee does he have that it will work. Several guys have tried it and had problems with them. On top of that, you guys better plan on having a DSM type radio too. That metal to metal contact of the gears will create some serious glitching!

The $90 was for the last one. How have several tried it and had problems if one was never made? If there is not enough interest then he will not make more and I might buy the last one just to have it.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:29 PM
ashunte

i'll take one!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
duneslider

ORIGINAL: JMHZ2401

The $90 was for the last one. How have several tried it and had problems if one was never made? If there is not enough interest then he will not make more and I might buy the last one just to have it.

Others have been made. I can't say his are better or worse or the same. Testing on one rc doesn't mean a lot to me. I have tried metal diff gears. Raz from this forum tried one and a few other guys. All but one had similar results. I don't know why the one guy had good luck with his. I bought his gear from him and it didn't work in mine. So, spend 90 bucks if you want but that is almost a whole new evader ext. Like I said before, you will most likely need to buy a new radio too. I had to move up to a spektrum because of the glitching with my FM radio.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
JMHZ2401

ORIGINAL: JMHZ2401

Others have been made. I can't say his are better or worse or the same. Testing on one rc doesn't mean a lot to me. I have tried metal diff gears. Raz from this forum tried one and a few other guys. All but one had similar results. I don't know why the one guy had good luck with his. I bought his gear from him and it didn't work in mine. So, spend 90 bucks if you want but that is almost a whole new evader ext. Like I said before, you will most likely need to buy a new radio too. I had to move up to a spektrum because of the glitching with my FM radio.
Well I plan to upgrade my radio (might do it tomorrow actually). not a Spectrum, but Spectrum like. I do not see how the metal diff will cause anymore gliutching. Already running metal idler, so 2 out of 3 are metal now. True $90 is enough to get me another RC, but heck I have around $1500 in this set-up already (that includes everything I already broke, replaced etc..) Truly why would I want a EXT it really has nothing I want (not even the tranny).

So the metal diff's you guys used was it made for the ST, or was it a metal gear for the B2 diff?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
cheech4

the metal B2 diff gear didnt work, it was not a perfect fit... but if a copy of the evaders diff gear was made it might be a better fit.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM
jsmithy

I have a question about the TBone Racing front bumpers. I am looking for real life experience with the durability between the Delrin, Poly or Nylon materials used for these bumpers? My feeling is to go with Delrin. I think Nylon may be to flexible.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 AM
BigT441

hey guys, glad to be back. it's definitely been a while. glad to see that the forum is still running. I just want everyone to know that i'm open to any questions. thanks.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
BigT441

t-bone bumpers are extremely durable. i'd race at a local dirt track and the stock bumper just wouldn't cut it. I was lucky if it didn't break. I then looked into the t-bone and i've used them ever since. it takes some serious bashing to destroy them. it's definitely worth buying.
Another thing I tried is taking the same basic design and cutting it out of a sheet of polycarbonate. (I made a template on auto cad on the computer) it lasted a while but still not as long as the t-bones did. but it is alot cheaper.
hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
heta peta

ORIGINAL: jsmithy

I have a question about the TBone Racing front bumpers. I am looking for real life experience with the durability between the Delrin, Poly or Nylon materials used for these bumpers? My feeling is to go with Delrin. I think Nylon may be to flexible.
I started with the delrin, that one broke like glass. Then i got the clear lexan basher and have hit plenty of things, even when cold, and still no breakage. You can send back the broken ones three times and they will replace them for nothing. good deal!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM
BEARBYSR

The Lexan should be the strongest, polycarb and delrin are simular. I have run the delrin with no issues. I do alot of plastics machining on CNC and I can say from experiance, the lexan is tough stuff.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:13 PM
jsmithy

Alright then. I went for the Lexan (Poly) version. I'm sure it will hold up fine.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
xX_RIDE_Xx
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cheech4

I mean link
sure this is where i bought mine... its the 6 " S " series
[link]http://www.finedesignrc.com/motorsnemesisblue.asp[/link]
Cheech which esc you running? And a link would be welcome too![>:]
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: xX_RIDE_Xx

ORIGINAL: cheech4

I mean link
sure this is where i bought mine... its the 6 " S " series
[link]http://www.finedesignrc.com/motorsnemesisblue.asp[/link]
Cheech which esc you running? And a link would be welcome too![>:]
its in my profile, what i run, but its the mamba max ESC.. i only run the MM on my RC both for brushless and brushed motors.. i feel for the price you pay it is a superior product.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

Well tonight was interesting one of the guys we run rc's with bought a radar gun. I was some what pleased, well sort of. We were doing speed runs down a paved alley way with plenty of room to get up speed but not a whole lot of room to slow down. Running my bx with 4600 sidewinder set up one step up on the timing with a 78 spur and 24 pinion and 7.4 volt 2200 Mah 25c lipo I ran a best of 39mph. It seems faster but thats just my opinion. LOL!! I have a 11.1 5000mah on the way though...... Sure hope it picks up a bunch.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Redvanmafia

you dont want to run 24/78 for to long
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

you dont want to run 24/78 for to long
Why is that??? I ran a complete battery 12-15 min. and the motor and esc were barly warm. and the outside temp was around 60-62.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:13 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Hardin Valley Magic

Well tonight was interesting one of the guys we run rc's with bought a radar gun. I was some what pleased, well sort of. We were doing speed runs down a paved alley way with plenty of room to get up speed but not a whole lot of room to slow down. Running my bx with 4600 sidewinder set up one step up on the timing with a 78 spur and 24 pinion and 7.4 volt 2200 Mah 25c lipo I ran a best of 39mph. It seems faster but thats just my opinion. LOL!! I have a 11.1 5000mah on the way though...... Sure hope it picks up a bunch.
why are you upset?? my evader on 6 cells was doing 38 mph with the nemisis 6s 5900 kv motor, your running a 2s lipo and your doing 39mph on a 4600 kv motor, thats pretty darn good actually. at the same time you have better run times and run cooler.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

Yeah but I am wanting to eat a traxas rustler vxl. He is running 11.1 4500 3 cell lipo. The fastest we clocked him was 33 mph on his back wheels not at full go. The guy with the radar gun couldn't seem to shot him at speed. So maybe in a week or so when I do get the 3 cell I am challenging him to a large open parking lot near us. [sm=punching.gif] Then maybe I will be satisfied!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.