Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Need help selecting plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Need help selecting plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
rjd1433

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help selecting plane

I am looking to buy a mid wing plane for flying at a smaller field than my normal flying field and I was looking at the Airfoilz Edge 540, Airfoilz full size Yak 54 and the E_Flite Cap 232 BP. I am a relatively new pilot with one season under my belt with a couple of trainer planes. I'm looking for something that can fly relatively slow for just flying around but can also be used for getting into 3D flying as I improve. Why is everybody so excited about the full size Yak 54 over the profile version? How does the E-Flite CAP 232 BP compare to these Airfoilz planes. I guess I am looking for the more rugged of these and the easiest to fly at my skill level. Thanks for any help
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help selecting plane

I'm not sure about the airfoilz planes, but I can recommend you to a DW Yak 54 foamie. Lovely plane that really taught me 3D maneuvers, like blenders, harriers, hovers, flat spins, inverted, ect.

www.dwfoamies.com

It's an absolutely lovely plane. All up weight is around 15 oz, and is a perfect entry level plane for 3D flying. It will fly pretty slowly, and, when powered right, will have endless vertical power.

While the company may noght be local to where you are located at, the plane is worth it. They even sell a power pack, whcih includes a motor, ESC, four servos, and I think a prop. All of which are a perfect match to the plane. All you need is a 1320 mah 3 cell lipo, 4ch+ radio, 4ch+ receiver, and foam safe CA and kicker.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

Check out the [link=http://www.copperheadaviation.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=308]Copperhead Extra Stiffy[/link] they also make a yak.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
rjd1433

Thanks for the info. I will look at these.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
rmgmag

Take a look at a Flash. It flies better than an Airoilz (IMO) and it's made from EPP foam which is close to indestructible.