Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

FS racing

Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS racing

ORIGINAL: ericem

Looks fine to me.

http://fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=323

I wouldn't call it garbage I am sure it performs just fine. Suspension should be very tunable with the PBS system. Noticed it uses a Hyper 7 gas tank.
That is what I am trying to say, the supension looks pretty good. I hope he does well with it. The front upper arms sort of remind me of the thunder tiger arms too.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
HighClassBasher

ORIGINAL: ericem

Looks fine to me.

http://fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=323

I wouldn't call it garbage I am sure it performs just fine. Suspension should be very tunable with the PBS system. Noticed it uses a Hyper 7 gas tank.

Wow....I geuss i looked at the wrong car on that website..... i thought he was talking about this one http://fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=6 [:'(]
The truggy actually looks decent....
Sorry for misunderstanding, good luck with your truggy.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
vnmsgt

I like the pic of this one. Looks pretty cool. [link]http://fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=473[/link] BTW this has alot wider arms then the monsoon. The monsoon uses 1" offset wheels to make it real wide and you have to get 1/2" hub extenders along with 1/2" offset prolines to make it as wide as a regular truggy. This FS Racing truggy is wider to begin with which is good.
Anyone see the vid on the website too?

[link]http://fs-racingart.com/video.php?pid=473[/link]
Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
moonsoon

The FS truggy is not like the monsoon at all. It is more like a mugen/vtx type truggy.I tried to post some pics but the file is too large.The stock engine was taken apart to see the quality of it and I would say it is an okay engine with a little port work and some port matching and crank mod a very good engine.The stock radio work great if you dont mind 27am and no rate change on the servos the range is great.The rims and tires are quality.The stock body is about 20 ga. lexan.There is a rechargeable glow igniter and charger in the box and a very nice four-way glow plug wrench.I think it is a very good deal for the price.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
ericem

Hmm $300 still seems like much. $250 would be more reasonable. Still don't see me buying that over a St-1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-8-4-6cc-Nitro-...QQcmdZViewItem

Do you know of a cheaper place?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM
vnmsgt

Hate to say it but the more I look at if the more it looks alot better then the Monsoon, Even there buggy looks better than the Hurricane. Better suspension with more adjustabilit, longer suspension arms and I also like the tires on the truggy too.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:18 PM
moonsoon

This truggy and the monsoon are not alike at all.The engine mounts are different fuel tank,diff cases,steering bellcrank,servo saver,shock towers,chassis all different.The parts are thicker and made better.The clutch is a normal type three shoe like the monsoon.The clutchbell is not the long one it is normal type that is common.The shock are close to the monsoon shocks.Other than the philliphead screws and the tie-rods that dont have a place to put a wrench on to adjust them it is a steal for the price.I wish I would have had this truggy first over the monsoon that gave me lots of problems.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
moonsoon

I paid 260 shipped.Look on ebay and you will find it for that price.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 AM
roadkillogre

hey all i have a new fs 30cc 4wd tryuggie and already worn out a set of gears does any one know if you can get metal gears for them. So far a great buy very tough rolled it kart wheeled it havent broken anything yet. The gears wore out cos i got a little stone caught in one of the teeth and put a divot in yhe others from it. bugger!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
moonsoon

I don't know where you can find your part but if another company makes one that looks close try them.I raced my truggy this week end and it ran great until the center diff blew.Lucky for me that the redcat monsoon diff fit right in and i will be ready for next week.The stock diff had only a little grease in it and caused the gears to blow.I should have taken it apart first.I am going to take the front and rear diffs apart and check them.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:41 AM
vnmsgt

Cool to hear you are liking it. Getting any weird looks or questions when people see it? I love it when that happens LOL! Thats the best part of having something different and even better when you do good with it.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:54 PM
moonsoon

Yea, some guy with a hot bodies truggy ask me why a would buy a off brand truggy and i said like hot bodies is a high end truck.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: moonsoon

Yea, some guy with a hot bodies truggy ask me why a would buy a off brand truggy and i said like hot bodies is a high end truck.
I think the hotbodies is one of the ugliest and oldest styled trucks on the market. Even the new one looks no different than the old one.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 PM
moonsoon

A my home track about 12 guys have the hot bodies truggy 1 losi and me with a monsoon and a fs racing.Hot bodies is like a bellybutton everyone has one.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:28 AM
roadkillogre

I dont have a track near me just the street i live on and the local park. It always always pulls a crowd lots and lots of kids and a fair few adults as well. I live on the gold coast in austalia and i have seen two others i think they were bajas .
I tell you what tho its a drama to put new gears on it you have topull it just about down to bare bones but that half the fun.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
moonsoon

I changed the diff fluid in my fs truggy with 7 10 3k oil .The diff gears are the same as a mugen and look real strong.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:09 AM
vnmsgt

Are the gears spiral cut?, if you know what that means?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
moonsoon

Yes they are.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
vnmsgt

Damn! most much higher $$$ truggies do not even come with that! That is pretty cool. When are you going to get a camera and get some pics up here?
Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
stussman

Hey roadkillogre, Where abouts on the goldy do you live. Iam struggling to find any good spots to run my truggy.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
roadkillogre

Het stussy i live near runaway bay if you are looking for somewhere to run your truggie go have a look around hope island there is plenty of vacant lots and open areas up around there lots of sand and hard ground , thats where i stripprd my gears lol
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
moonsoon

My wife has a camera,but it has too many pixels to email the pics.I raced with the new set-up and had no problem lapping the field but kept getting taken out buy some clown with a lightning.I had three really bad wrecks and not a part broken,this thing is tuff.Four guys asked me what kind of truggy it was and all said that thing flies.I still finished second in the a-main and was TQ.